• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So I've decided to abstain from getting the premium sub for now. I'm trying to weigh in the pros of getting it when I'm just getting into GB content. Honestly my enjoyment of GB started when Dan joined the crew. That was around the time I started listening to the bombcast every week. Even now I just watched 3 or so QLs a week and that's it.

Maybe next time.

If you want the best GB content you pretty much have to have a sub.

Apparently not.

RIP MGScanlon, first victim of GOTY 2014

2443436-big-boss-salute.jpg

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Reading through the MGS2 thread in gaming just makes me unable to wait for drew to experience the shitstorm himself.

Rainmaker

Banned
Dan is such a mark for Vince...

I cracked up when Dan brought up Punk in those tweets because it pretty much cancelled out everything he said about McMahon, who is so ridiculously out of touch it is embarrassing. His comments on Cesaro and Cena being the last person who tried to grab "the brass rings" prove how delusional he is. Those damn millennials!

Also, I really enjoy Dan and think he's a great guy but wish he'd stop saying things like "has balls" to represent someone being brave/courageous/whatever. Just say "guts" or something not gender-specific. I know he doesn't mean it in an offensive way. Just something that bugs me a bit.

popo

So I've decided to abstain from getting the premium sub for now. I'm trying to weigh in the pros of getting it when I'm just getting into GB content. Honestly my enjoyment of GB started when Dan joined the crew. That was around the time I started listening to the bombcast every week. Even now I just watched 3 or so QLs a week and that's it.

Maybe next time.

Buy a $5 sub when you feel like digging deeper. You can download an awful lot of highlights from the last 5 years in a month.

tchocky

On Jeff's mixlr yesterday he mentioned that they have the budget to send 4 people to PAX south and when he asked who wanted to go 3 said yes so this week they have to decide the 4th and told ALex it will most likely be him even though Alex sounded like he doesn't want to do a third PAX in a year.

I imagine the 2 definites are Jeff and Dan. Vinny probably is a no since its in January and thats when his new home is supposed to be done, so who do you think the third is I imagine it has to be either Jason or Drew since they will need a video guy.

On Jeff's mixlr yesterday he mentioned that they have the budget to send 4 people to PAX south and when he asked who wanted to go 3 said yes so this week they have to decide the 4th and told ALex it will most likely be him even though Alex sounded like he doesn't want to do a third PAX in a year.

I imagine the 2 definites are Jeff and Dan. Vinny probably is a no since its in January and thats when his new home is supposed to be done, so who do you think the third is I imagine it has to be either Jason or Drew since they will need a video guy.

Jason probably

Tamanon

Banned

Patrick maybe.

Has Drew or Dan mentioned the Sphere podcast they were planning to do recently? I just finished the book and going to rewatch the film this weekend in preparation.

popo

Vinny looks like Harry Hill in that pic. Also looks like he is asking Dan if he wants his balls cradled. Dan seem to think that is a bit forward since they just met.

Fireblend

Banned

Maybe next time.

The Mario Party videos should be all the reasons you need to subscribe.

popo

that's... no, that's not at all what I was going for

I just meant that Giant Bomb is literally a wacky non-sequitur, that's all I meant

I got it, I think she is referencing a specific site and "inflated ego" editor with that zinger though. I wonder if it was N4G since she has a dig at them earlier in the post.

Bacon

I have a feeling this bombcast is going to be saved on my phone for a long time.

I hope my expectations aren't too high for this, my hype is through the roof right now.

popo

I mean, he is likely still asleep and has been for hours. We all like an early cast but you are asking a bit much.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
that's... no, that's not at all what I was going for

I just meant that Giant Bomb is literally a wacky non-sequitur, that's all I meant

Okay, I mean I was pretty sure that's not what you meant but the context of the " wacky non-sequitur.com" in the text was a bit weird ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom