• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindtwang

Neo Member
Despite being a premium member I always listen to the bombcasts with the ads. Anyone else do that? I usually get a chuckle out of the ads so I don't want to deprive myself of any jokes!

Despite being a premium member I always listen to the bombcasts with the ads. Anyone else do that? I usually get a chuckle out of the ads so I don't want to deprive myself of any jokes!

I'm the same. While the ads without Vinny aren't quite as entertaining, I always like hearing Jeff do a bit.

danm999

There was a week where the ad involved Brad and Drew planning to start a rival website to take down Jeff, and then next week in the ad section Jeff said to Brad something to the tune off 'So I can't help but notice you tried to pull off a coup d'etat last week' and mock fired him.

So yeah, the ads tend to be worth it.

hamchan

Lately they've been more like real ads though without as much funny.

Corgi

Banned
With alex here and dan and jason... I'm pretty excited about GOTY stuff.

The room might be big enough to fight off Jeff's typical dominance of the conversation.

No clue about GOTY though about the only game I can see guaranteed on the top 10 overall is bayonetta 2 with ryker's review, alex's praise in the morning show, and Klepek's tweets the past few days.

Seems like mordor will probably be in top 10 too.

Ketch

I'm pretty excited for GOTY deliberations just because I want to hear them rip into all these triple A games that come out broken.

Well Dan, Alex, and Patrick are gushing over Bayonetta... and Brad is surprised to hear that there's a panther form. Huh.

If Bayonetta 2 wins GOTY, it'll be the first GB GOTY I don't own (I don't have a Wii-U).

For reference, here are the previous winners:

2008- Grand Theft Auto IV
2009- Uncharted 2: Among Theives
2010- Mass Effect 2
2011- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
2012- XCOM: Enemy Unkown
2013- The Last of Us

Ketch

If Bayonetta 2 wins GOTY, it'll be the first GB GOTY I don't own (I don't have a Wii-U).

For reference, here are the previous winners:

2008- Grand Theft Auto IV
2009- Uncharted 2: Among Theives
2010- Mass Effect 2
2011- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
2012- XCOM: Enemy Unkown
2013- The Last of Us

XCOM is the best game on that list.

justjim89

The Dan Detractors are coming out again because he doesn't understand what a mortgage is. This is just silly now. Like, I can understand like if Dan came out and said some really problematic offensive shit, but the dude lives in an apartment and plans to keep it that way. He has no need to learn what a mortgage is unless he decides he wants to buy a house someday. Like, that's his life. Leave him be.

Also great podcast so far. Vinny bringing the poop talk in the first twenty minutes.

Corgi

Banned
Jason is there too. I can easily see bayonetta in the top 3. There really aren't that many games the staff is excited about this year.

Corgi

Banned
slowly catching up with mgs2 scanlon and my playthrough on vita.

Really wish they dialed back the graphics so they could keep a consistent 60fps indoors and outdoors.

Fatman fight was pretty rough to headshot at 30ish fps, especially with the nub.

valeo

The Dan Detractors are coming out again because he doesn't understand what a mortgage is. This is just silly now. Like, I can understand like if Dan came out and said some really problematic offensive shit, but the dude lives in an apartment and plans to keep it that way. He has no need to learn what a mortgage is unless he decides he wants to buy a house someday. Like, that's his life. Leave him be.

Also great podcast so far. Vinny bringing the poop talk in the first twenty minutes.

Don't think there are any/many serious 'dan detractors'; most of it is just in fun.

FStop7

Banned
Tonight's Mixlr stream is unbelievable. It's some of the funniest stuff, it's Alex along with Jeff.

YO TONY TOKKA I'M PUFFIN' ON DAT YODA'S BRAIN, DAWG

justjim89

Don't think there are any/many serious 'dan detractors'; most of it is just in fun.

No I mean on ...

*leans in*

*looks around nervously*

tumblr

It's like some folks think it's irresponsible and dangerous for such a willfully ignorant person to have such a popular platform.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm not really seeing much of it on tumblr either, unless there are specific ones that don't show up on the stream.

What's to understand? It's a loan to buy real estate.

Well as someone who's never gotten a loan to buy real estate, bought real estate, or have anything to do with real estate other than paying old dude that live upstairs rent money every month, how the hell would I or anyone who isn't actively seeking knowledge on real estate or mortgages know what that is? The schools system has failed me I tell you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom