• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't understand what a mortgage was until it was explained to me by my teacher in my first semester of law school, back in 2010. It is a very simple concept indeed, but the knowledge can't come of its own into your mind by magic. It needs to be relayed to you. People shouldn't be shocked to hear that other people don't know what it is; it's not a concept that is confronted by everyone everyday.

Wait.... is #buildingthelist a actual genuine way for Sony to get feedback and not just a joke on the bombcast?

Or is it just a way to corral the Shenmue crazies into on corner of the internet to stop them spreading elsewhere?

Wait.... is #buildingthelist a actual genuine way for Sony to get feedback and not just a joke on the bombcast?

Or is it just a way to corral the Shenmue crazies into on corner of the internet to stop them spreading elsewhere?

Yeah it's real, it came from Adam Boyes I think, pre-E3 as part of their "What cool indie games or dead franchises do you want on PS4" initiative.

It was an initiative started by Gio Corsi when he was hired as the head of Third Party Productions. They basically co-publish third party games. Borderlands 2 Vita was the first game out of this. They wanted fans to tell Sony what games they wanted to be brought (or brought back) to PlayStation or (in many cases) doing localized editions of games that never released in certain regions.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...-playstation-via-third-party-production-team/

So... what would be the big standout games this year that have cool twist/moments that I should play before GOTY comes along and they discuss spoilers in the detail?

I am pretty much behind on everything this year

Big-E

Just hit the part about the mortgage in the bombcast. Holy fuck how is it possible? The shocking part is that he admitted he tried to understand and couldn't. Unbelievable.

chogidogs

Vjk5vZC.jpg

Drew is talented.

Ketch

So... what would be the big standout games this year that have cool twist/moments that I should play before GOTY comes along and they discuss spoilers in the detail?

Off the top of my head:

Transistor, Ethan Carter, D4, Broken Age, Evil Within, Metal Gear Ground Zeroes, Dragon Age, Divinity, Dark Souls 2, South Park....

Do people really care about the story in Mordor? Or sunset overdrive?

edit: I should say I don't know for sure, I haven't played most of those games either. Just some guesses.

Off the top of my head:

Transistor, Ethan Carter, D4, Broken Age, Evil Within, Metal Gear Ground Zeroes, Dragon Age, Divinity, Dark Souls 2, South Park....

Do people really care about the story in Mordor? Or sunset overdrive?

edit: I should say I don't know for sure, I haven't played most of those games either. Just some guesses.

The best moment type stuff in Mordor can't be spoiled because it all stems from the nemesis system. I'd add Shovel Knight to the list because of the last boss fight and Bayonetta 2 because of the chapter four boss and the easter egg in the last chapter. I'd also add The Fall, but fat chance that comes up.

justjim89

Definitely Wolfenstein. Fantastic fucking game. My game of the year.

Myggen

Interesting comments from Patrick regarding Halo: MCC on the podcast btw. Not that any of it was surprising, of course. I'd love to get a behind the scenes story of the launch (and the aftermath) of that game, must be an absolute nightmare for that team.

I'm just trying to figure out who this developer is that hid part of a game in the ceiling, that's some next level conspiracy shit that I have to hear.

Sounds like some Dave Lang shit to me. But yeah, I'd love to hear that story on the record.

I'm just trying to figure out who this developer is that hid part of a game in the ceiling, that's some next level conspiracy shit that I have to hear.

Myggen

Persona Q QL today. So good.

Will be great! Also, surprised to hear just how much Patrick loved Bayonetta 2. They all pretty much just had positive things to say about that game. I expect it to be a top 3 game on their GOTY list now.

Also, my avatar bet with Tharp is looking better every day. No way in hell will Destiny be on GB's top 10 list!

Patryn

I'm calling it: the final dual for the Game of the Year award will be between Bayonetta 2 and Shadow of Mordor.

I've been saying this for like a week now, and nobody believed me!

In fact, knowing that Jason will be in the room, I'd actually argue that Bayo 2 is now the favorite for GOTY.

Patryn

Also, is there a chance we can confine the podcast talk to the podcast thread? I tend to listen to it over the week during my commutes and it can be annoying to have jokes ruined here.

If I'm the only one who thinks that way, that's cool, I can deal.

GOTY going to Bayo 2 would be the first time GB has given it to the right game ;)

Actually I might agree with XCOM and Mass Effect 2

Vinny killed me on the mailbag when he said the package for Dan that should be opened after MGS4 was a noose. Lol.

his recent frustrations plus general east coast cynicism is manifesting in high-grade Vinny humor.

I feel bad for him, but it makes for some really entertaining content

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Wait there's a chance Shadow of Mordor will be GOTY? Good god

There isn't a huge list of contenders for the #1 spot, so SoM seems like a very likely candidate. I don't think it deserves it, but they seemed to enjoy it quite a bit.

You lot are way too excited for the PQ QL. You know half of it will be Jeff bitching about Persona 3's
superior
characters, right?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
P4 has the objectively best character in Kanji, but P3 has the objectively best "best friend" in junpei.

It's a shitshow in trying to decide who's the least worst in Fuuka and Rise when it comes to support characters.

Yukari has a fucking arc! Sure, she can be uptight, but her life ain't all sunshine and roses! There's some fucking depth there man.

Man Persona 3 is so good.

sjack

Banned
Yes, Yukari is a better character than Chie, I agree.

Yukari is literally the prime example I give as to why the P3 cast is massively inferior to P4, and this is coming from somebody who thinks Chie is overrated. Yukari is hot steaming garbage.
Yukari has a fucking arc! Sure, she can be uptight, but her life ain't all sunshine and roses! There's some fucking depth there man.

Man Persona 3 is so good.
yes thats completely shat on by the answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom