• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
this guy keeps plugging his mixlr in jeffrl chat every minute or so

shameless, lol

LDqETkW.png

i don't even get why, doesn't even seem to be streaming

Myggen

you should still make the e3 thread, coldy

i'm not acknowledging fraud threads

The thread that's up right now is just for the drive, so the question is whether to make the E3 thread now or wait until after the drive is over, I guess.

I vote make the thread now!

For the longest time from how Dan talked about it, I always assumed that FunCo Land was an amusement park.

The crazy thing is in Maryland I used to have Funco Land, Electronics Boutique (EB, EB Games), and Gamestop close to each other. They are all a Gamestop now. The only video game store that is no longer a video game store is where there was a Babbages at my mall. It's now a jewelery store or something.

Lelcar

I think the drinking age being 19 in Canada allowed us to get over it a lot earlier in life. I was pretty much done getting drunk constantly by the time I was like 22.

Zaph

I mean, I know ton of people who do that at 28-30. Pretty normal here in Norway.

Yup. It's not healthy, but there are definitely a lot of 'live for the weekend' types here, especially city workers. Well into their 30's too. Can't imagine it being much different in the US.

No, it is. Binge drinking is seen as college age behavior. If you're in your late 20s to 30s and still getting blitzed (except on the rare holiday) you'll be considered an alcoholic.

Completely depends on social circle and/or where you live.

For example, St Pete/Tampa is basically Margaritaville.

Also, having lived through my 20s and most of my 30s, it picks back up again where meeting up with other parents, getting a sitter, and going to wineries/breweries is a fun thing.

Myggen

No, it is. Binge drinking is seen as college age behavior. If you're in your late 20s to 30s and still getting blitzed (except on the rare holiday) you'll be considered an alcoholic.

Completely different in Europe, at least Northern Europe. I guess it varies from state to state in the US too, without knowing much about that.

Zaph

What are you defining as binge drinking? Black out drunk/can't walk? Or 4/5 drinks and you're a bit tipsy?

The former, yeah, it's a problem and I can imagine it being rare. But the latter? That isn't common at all?

Completely depends on social circle and/or where you live.

For example, St Pete/Tampa is basically Margaritaville.

Also, having lived through my 20s and most of my 30s, it picks back up again where meeting up with other parents, getting a sitter, and going to wineries/breweries is a fun thing.

This is social drinking, though. I'm not talking about hanging out with your kid's friend's parents and having four beers. It's pretty much impossible to be an adult with responsibilities and get college-level loaded what with how you have to drive everywhere in the US. I guess city people have Uber now.

What are you defining as binge drinking? Black out drunk/can't walk? Or 4/5 drinks and you're a bit tipsy?

The former, yeah, it's a problem and I can imagine it being rare. But the latter? That isn't common at all?
The former.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Just chilling in a massage chair listening to the stream. What a pleasant drive so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom