• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #14 | I'll Never Forget This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
JPL-Celebration-at-Mars-Landing.gif

Zaph

I'm saving games like Elite for when a consumer VR unit is out, but I'm starting to wonder if there'll be so many by then I won't want to play them all.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Elite: Dangerous has such nice presentation, it's really cool looking to see someone play. No desire to play it myself though.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat if there were an online mode. But instead the developers just lied about their intentions to save the Kickstarter.

BearPawB

Banned
I need to try Elite again.

I found there were too many "missions" i simply didnt know how to complete.

Go get some illegal weapons! Ok sure, ill be a space pirate. 30 systems later still no weapons

I'd buy it in a heartbeat if there were an online mode. But instead the developers just lied about their intentions to save the Kickstarter.

? there is an online mode?

I haven't played with VR yet but it is the thing I am most excited to play. I spent so much to play this game in as immersive situation as possible, HOTAS, trackIR but nothing could possibly come close to VR.

Go get some illegal weapons! Ok sure, ill be a space pirate. 30 systems later still no weapons

The thing is the missions aren't really what you focus on but that's the shortcoming right now. Missions should be more interesting but most people will explore, bounty hunt or actually play as a pirate tracking down other players to take their cargo. It needs some more structure and variety to the content.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

? there is an online mode?

Sometimes I get on and off confused. It makes things difficult, but I find a way to persevere.

I love the idea of stuff like Elite and No Man's Sky with the seemingly infinite space stuff, but I really don't have the time for things like that anymore. I'm also a bit worried about the VR stuff considering I like to play games with my wife. Like Jeff mentioned in the bombcast, the real future is AR/VR hybrids where you can easily shift back and forth between seeing the outside world.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm less interested in space sim games if I can't run around inside my ship.

That's like 90% of the appeal of a ship game to me.

I'm less interested in space sim games if I can't run around inside my ship.

That's like 90% of the appeal of a ship game to me.

That supposedly is coming but it's not there yet. Like Drew said, there are a lot of promises they are working on. We'll see how they live up to it.

The order gets its mgs4 on sometimes. At least it's well acted, directed, and written so even if I'm stuck watching 10 minutes of cutscenes I don't feel like cutting myself.

Kimaka

Elite: Dangerous seems like I game that I should get. I'm excited about No Man's Sky and every thread brings up the Elite series as having similar qualities.

BearPawB

Banned
Elite: Dangerous seems like I game that I should get. I'm excited about No Man's Sky and every thread brings up the Elite series as having similar qualities.

No man's sky seems solely focused on exploration with some combat.

Elite is focused on planetary trade with some combat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom