• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Austin: dreams are tough, some won't make it

Dan: dreams are easy! never give up and you'll get everything you desire!

I just got to this part of the podcast and it's nice to hear Austin (and Alex) talk about this. I'm not singling out Dan here, because a lot of people do this, nor am I saying this specifically even applies at all to Dan, but I really don't like hearing people who steadfastly propagate that sort of "if you work hard and stick at it, you'll be successful" advice - usually backed up by the evidence: "it worked for me". It's part self-congratulatory (I'm hard-working and successful), and part put-down to the ones who didn't make it or who aren't working their dream job (mustn't have worked hard enough). That's unlikely their conscious intention when giving that advice, but it demonstrates a lack of awareness by completely ignoring the context and factors involved in anyone's success/potential success.

Regardless of any of that, it's also just incredibly generic, unhelpful advice.

Xater

I feel like Goths just mix it up however they want now. It's not like they ever gave a shit anyway. Aren't you from Germany? Leipzig has one of the biggest Goth festivals in the world: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPotsAMAIoY
Cyber, victorian, zombies, whatever, not much "consistency" there in those interviews.

At least I have more of an ideological idea when it comes to normal goths. I mean you meet your fair share if you like metal. No idea though with these Cybergoths.

No o.o but thats because I live in an area where its nonexistant. So I enjoy watching.
thanks youtube
They can be pretty cool when they're pulling all the moves on the dancefloor. Not quite my style otherwise.
I read the Wikipedia article on cybergoths and I don't feel like I know more than before. It was all just about the look and music, nothing what they are actually about. At least normal goths make sense!
Cyber definitely seems to be more just about the fashion and music than anything "serious".

They can be pretty cool when they're pulling all the moves on the dancefloor. Not quite my style otherwise.

Cyber definitely seems to be more just about the fashion and music than anything "serious".

Yeah, I like the dancing. Im sloooooowly learning.

And yeah cybergoth is more about the music and style, and the culture surrounding that.

dugdug

Banned
Bit too much non-game talk in this Beastcast for my blood. I'm an hour in and I think the only game they've talked about was Splatoon for about 10 minutes?

Yeah, I like the dancing. Im sloooooowly learning.

That's cool. I'm more of a "stomp the fuck out of everything" type of guy, so it took me about two minutes to learn everything I know about dancing. Are you from the US? I'd imagine there to be at least some action anywhere with all the touring bands seem to be doing, but then I'm usually bad at taking into account how fucking big the distances between places in the US can be.

no

hell no

no

p70qEmi.gif

Bit too much non-game talk in this Beastcast for my blood. I'm an hour in and I think the only game they've talked about was Splatoon for about 10 minutes?

it's a really REALLY slow period right now. Rocket League only seems to be working now and...that's kinda it. We've got the God of War 3 remaster coming (shrugs) and the Gears of War 1 remake (modestly interested) but i can't even think of anything else that's coming in the next couple of months that's going to be worth discussing at length.

I'll take more DBZ talk over all of it, really

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I would like to see some more information on the construction methodology of the list. Interesting list. Here are numbers in the list from other than individual streamers for video game content firms.

Unless it's a giant coincidence with misleading data, it looks like the only methodology was the average number of retweets that their messages have.

edit: Oh, the article does suggest there's something more at play. But sorting by average retweet would only end up with one out of position.

it's a really REALLY slow period right now. Rocket League only seems to be working now and...that's kinda it. We've got the God of War 3 remaster coming (shrugs) and the Gears of War 1 remake (modestly interested) but i can't even think of anything else that's coming in the next couple of months that's going to be worth discussing at length.

Can't wait for Rare collection videos.
Breaking Brad: Battletoads

AngryMoth

Beastcast was great again today, they seem to have found their groove. Like that they're diving a little deeper into topics than on the bombcast.

Also, Alex was hilariously channeling my exact feelings on gaming mouses.

Lemme tell you a little something thats coming out on my birthday called the Street Fighter V Beta.

Liamc723

Everybody's Gone To The Rapture and Volume are 2 games I'm really looking forward to next month.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm still holding out for American Truck Simulator to come out in the summer, but they've been so quiet that there's no way at this point.

Even fucking Yakuza got pushed to 'fall'

Zebetite

Banned
Alex Navarro has never been my go-to Giant Bomb personality but the Beastcast is doing a lot for my stock in him. He's real good at the podcast game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom