• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half of mei ling's screen time features her on the floor with her ass in the air.

I went one by one during the MGS4 play through pointing out how every single female character is shitty in mgs4. I knew then that quiet would be total crap and that words and deeds would be a bunch of nonsense. So far, not even 20 episodes in and I feel justified in that stance.

Yup, that makes sense for you at that point in the game.

I was pretty indifferent to Quiet, but about
missions in so far and I'm really starting to like her character a lot. She's probably my second favorite behind BB and that's in a game including Ocelot.

Alex putting in work with two reviews in a day. Wonder if the MGSV review is dropping soon with Brad most likely done with the game(?)

Assuming Brad is gonna be the one to review it of course.

I wouldn't necessarily call Kojima's track record out right bad. It's more frustratingly mixed. He either writes female characters that are the worst thing ever or are actually really interesting. The Boss and Meryl are quite good. I also found Sniper Wolf, Doctor Strangelove and other of his female side characters to be really cool as well. The problem then is he goes to write absolute bullshit like the BB core or just has the camera focus on the TNA of an otherwise kind of interesting character like Naomi.

What frustrates me most about Quiet is that there's something there. The parts of her character that aren't the over the top sexualization are quite interesting on their own. Kojima just doesn't do anything with those and the sex stuff just ruins a ton of otherwise good moments she has.

I'm not necessarily saying he's never written a good female character but most of them time even when he does write a good female character he can't stop himself from dumping some pointless fan service on them.

Quiet probably could have been super well written but they would rather take time that could be spent developing a character and instead they just focus on how they can make sure her boobs or ass are always in your view.

popo

Jeff should stop going to the COD review event IMO. Even if it wasn't losing popularity year on year - no way can the traffic from one review make up for the weeks worth of man hours they lose for it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What about Mad Max is grabbing you?

The ground combat is really satisfying. It reminds me of Sleeping Dogs where I just like looking for fights because of how powerful and badass the game makes you feel. Driving the car is really fun and I like the customization options they have for you in it. They do a good job of doling out upgrades as you level. The world's not that interesting, but it's a hell of a looker at times and that goes a long way.

Is anyone excited for Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows (the free expansion for Shovel Knight coming out next week)? Apparently it's just the first. I've heard they want to do one for every knight. This one you get to play as Plague Knight.

daydream

Banned
clearly mgscanlon 5 will need a separate thread in gaming, clearly

i've seen threads for in-progress let's plays before!

Megasoum

Banned
Guys... I just noticed that Mark Cerny is my top recommendation in the "Players you may know" list on PSN.... Maybe I should send him an invite? lol

Is anyone excited for Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows (the free expansion for Shovel Knight coming out next week)? Apparently it's just the first. I've heard they want to do one for every knight. This one you get to play as Plague Knight.

I'm looking forward to it, but I think they're only doing three playable boss campaigns.

On the other hand, I suspect they could get the entire story in three videos at most. Including the cassettes.

Of course, actually playing the game will be a whole lot more fun for both us and them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom