• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

def sim

Weirder than doing Mario Party Party live? By doing it live, there can be fan interaction. It'd be fun to see people reminiscing about those games along with the guys. Maybe they could even have representatives from PlayStation (Boyes and Drake?) join them.

Yes, I'd say so. The Mario Party thing was their own event and it specifically celebrated GB and their fans. It was also "competitive" so it made audience participation work for the most part.

Being in PSX would come across as weird to me as bringing a youtuber to a publisher's press conference.

talking about it on the Bombcast / doing a release day Quick Look isn't a review but much better than nothing.

Bombcast talk and QLs are definitely more valuable to me than a review. I can't remember the last time I made a purchasing decision based on an individual review, but I've bought many games immediately after watching a Quick Look.

Eh.

I'm enjoying it so far.

Not the shooting part.

Just everything around it.
Everything around it is also the disappointing part. Pretty much all the new characters in it are annoying and bad (especially the terrible antagonists). The only thing I'm enjoying are the things from the other games, mostly Toko. Maybe Danganronpa is just one of those franchises doomed to peak with the first game and decline steadily after that. The puzzles aren't very interesting either, most of them are stupidly easy.

jaina

Bombcast talk and QLs are definitely more valuable to me than a review. I can't remember the last time I made a purchasing decision based on an individual review, but I've bought many games immediately after watching a Quick Look.
Yes, it's the same for me, chopper music in the MGS V QL is my latest example. I also meant that the audio/video stuff is enough for the publisher to send out copies.

Reviews are nice because it actually encourages the crew to finish games and have a more detailed opinion, as opposed to playing 4 hours of something and forgetting about it until GOTY.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Everything around it is also the disappointing part. Pretty much all the new characters in it are annoying and bad (especially the terrible antagonists). The only thing I'm enjoying are the things from the other games, mostly Toko. Maybe Danganronpa is just one of those franchises doomed to peak with the first game and decline steadily after that. The puzzles aren't very interesting either, most of them are stupidly easy.

I actually do like the antagonists, but I'm not that far into it yet?

Also 2 >>> 1.

If you want to talk about a game with boring characters (they even stick most of the worst ones at the end with you!) it's 1.

I'm actually surprised that they actually made toko an interesting character in this.

Raiku

TameSkeletalAmericanquarterhorse.gif

Megasoum

Banned
I started a new job this week which is great but it also means that I no longer have a private office. This will have a dramatic and unfortunate impact on my GB content consumption.

I'll be interested to see how often they put out episodes because this could take a long ass time on the old schedule.

Oh my god this means Drew can finally join in on the conversation.

._. Guess the wait was too much.

He's still going to be behind the conversation at this point considering that everyone else is either finished or close to being finished

SomberOwl

With all the people mentioning the content they miss/wish was more frequent I'll just say I wish Jeff would do more Jar videos. They're my favourite thing on the site. Just listening to Jeff talk to the camera without anyone else and share his thoughts is always insightful and interesting.

Watching Drew will make me jealous of those who play with the lethal weapons. So many weapons to choose from and I restrict myself to non-lethal. Luckily, I just unlocked the ability to have a silenced non-lethal assault rifle and sniper rifle to go with my tranq pistol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom