• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the 10/31/2014 UPF for the first time.

The first 35 minutes are absolutely hysterical. Dan playing that crappy horror game was absolutely hilarious. I had tears coming out of my eyes at the end when the program just closes after you beat it, lmao

FStop7

Banned
Somehow, I ended up mistakenly ordering two copies of Mario Maker. And I forgot to cancel my pre-order of The Taken King limited collector's what am I doing with my life Edition.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I kind of wish the skins were just skins and they made a 'big version' because that just being a switch that you can play as 'this dude' would be better than being a temporary powerup
I kinda want to buy a Sonic amiibo now.

You can unlock it without the amiibo.

Bummer. Wish there was a way to default it to HTML 5 :X

There is, but you need to uninstall Flash. I did so and now only get HTML5 as an option, though its performance for me leaves a lot to be desired. CBSi's video player is just not that great. I wish it was a smooth as YouTube (which is now HTLM5).

There is, but you need to uninstall Flash. I did so and now only get HTML5 as an option, though its performance for me leaves a lot to be desired. CBSi's video player is just not that great. I wish it was a smooth as YouTube (which is now HTLM5).

Mines so so. HTML5 sometimes freezes up when skipping around the video. I can do streaming but with the heat in SoCal, and my old CPU, it causes frame drops here and there ._.

Hey guys, remember Whiskey Media? Screened dot com? Those were the days.

I dunno, Will saying that Tested is five and a half years old really got to me. It means I've been following Giant Bomb at least since I was twelve and probably even before that. Weird.

Mines so so. HTML5 sometimes freezes up when skipping around the video. I can do streaming but with the heat in SoCal, and my old CPU, it causes frame drops here and there ._.

That sometimes happens to me during particularly long videos. I kind of wish they could somehow use YouTube tech for the CBSi player. It would be based on YouTube, but wouldn't be actual YouTube (as a way to make sure premium videos don't get shared to non-premium users). Ever since YouTube switched to HTML5 videos, play wonderfully. Back when they were Flash-based, I would have several crashes a day. It was so annoying. I'm glad that Twitch is also (albeit slowly) transitioning away from Flash and switching to HTML5.

That sometimes happens to me during particularly long videos. I kind of wish they could somehow use YouTube tech for the CBSi player. It would be based on YouTube, but wouldn't be actual YouTube (as a way to make sure premium videos don't get shared to non-premium users). Ever since YouTube switched to HTML5 videos, play wonderfully. Back when they were Flash-based, I would have several crashes a day. It was so annoying. I'm glad that Twitch is also (albeit slowly) transitioning away from Flash and switching to HTML5.

Yeah, like I tried hopping back a few seconds in the Mario Maker video and it just locked up for me. Some day one day :(

Yeah, like I tried hopping back a few seconds in the Mario Maker video and it just locked up for me. Some day one day :(

The unfortunate thing is they know the player isn't great, but since it's a company wide (at least CBSi) player, change won't probably come any time soon. Things like that move too glacially when it's tied to a corporation and its divisions.

but even if you have the amiibo you can't use the costume any time you want right? like you cant set it so you default to playing as sonic, you have to drag the mushroom every time?

I think you can set unlocked costumes in maker mode if you place the mushroom in a block?

Right but if I wanted to play as Ness or pikachu every time I played a level it seems like kind of a lot of hoops to jump through.

I understand that part of it is the fact that the costumes act as a super mushroom but I just think its lame that you cant unlock and use costumes at will. against the spirit of mario i guess!

yami4ct

I can see SMM, MGSV, and JC3 easily being Top 3 (not in particular order) on his Top 10 GOTY list. I could see JC3 topping his list, only because it'll be the freshest in his mind.

Don't forget COD. Advanced Warfare topped his list last year and he seems to be digging BLOPS3 so far. I doubt it'll top his list this year, but it's definitely a dark horse to get up further than many would expect.

AcridMeat

Banned
20C8D71AF83BE312B426AAFA86F98AD3B6200F59
So majestic~
I dunno, Will saying that Tested is five and a half years old really got to me. It means I've been following Giant Bomb at least since I was twelve and probably even before that. Weird.
...I may have been following these guys since you were a toddler. Holy fuck.

Don't forget COD. Advanced Warfare topped his list last year and he seems to be digging BLOPS3 so far. I doubt it'll top his list this year, but it's definitely a dark horse to get up further than many would expect.

Yup. I'm sure it'll be on his list. Bloodborne could too, possibly, but probably closer to the bottom than the top. Let's just say the games we listed (Super Mario Maker, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Just Cause 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops III, and Bloodborne) are on his list, what other games did Jeff play a lot and seem to enjoy? I don't think he cared much for Batman: Arkham Knight, Dying Light, Evolve, or The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. He seems to like Rocket League a bit (not as much as everyone else though).

yami4ct

So majestic~

I had the same feeling. Haha. Way to make me feel old Bunting. I've been following Jeff and crew since I was probably 8 or 9 back in the gamespot/hotspot days. I still remember the creation of GB and the Arrow Pointing Down podcast pretty vividly.

Yup. I'm sure it'll be on his list. Bloodborne could too, possibly, but probably closer to the bottom than the top. Let's just say the games we listed (Super Mario Maker, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Just Cause 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops III, and Bloodborne) are on his list, what other games did Jeff play a lot and seem to enjoy? I don't think he cared much for Batman: Arkham Knight, Dying Light, Evolve, or The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. He seems to like Rocket League a bit (not as much as everyone else though).

I could see Pacman 256 making the list if he isn't completely burnt out on it by GOTY. I could also see at least 1 clicker game. Time Clickers could definitely make an appearance.

So majestic~

Going by what BUNTING1243 said, they would've been born around 1998. So, that'd mean you've been following Jeff since 1999/2000. I'm not sure anyone else was around then. Brad, maybe. He joined GS around then, I think. Vinny, too?

AcridMeat

Banned
I had the same feeling. Haha. Way to make me feel old Bunting. I've been following Jeff and crew since I was probably 8 or 9 back in the gamespot/hotspot days. I still remember the creation of GB and the Arrow Pointing Down podcast pretty vividly.
I remember when Rich announced he was leaving on On The Spot and I was legitimately upset for a long time. I mean tearing up during that episode. haha
Going by what BUNTING1243 said, they would've been born around 1998. So, that'd mean you've been following Jeff since 1999/2000. I'm not sure anyone else was around then. Brad, maybe. He joined GS around then, I think. Vinny, too?
I started following Gamespot around 00/01 so yeah, toddler.

yami4ct

I remember when Rich announced he was leaving on On The Spot and I was legitimately upset for a long time.

I had too shit of internet to watch On the Spot, but hearing him leaving the HotSpot definitely got me. I think him, Jeff, Carrie, Ryan and Greg formed a ton of what would be my taste in video games.

AcridMeat

Banned
I can't think of a year in gaming that has gotten the crew so genuinely excited over it's releases so consistently. It's super awesome to see.

Also holy crap I'm slow with MGS5. I'm almost 20 hours in and I only just got Quiet as a buddy, and almost immediately killed her on the second side ops I had her, because we landed right next to the tank I was supposed to blow up. I think I'm on mission 15 now.
I had too shit of internet to watch On the Spot, but hearing him leaving the HotSpot definitely got me. I think him, Jeff, Carrie, Ryan and Greg formed a ton of what would be my taste in video games.
It's funny, we were pretty early adopters of DSL, but we stayed on that same kind of speed for years. It blew later on in life when things like Xbox live really took off.

oti

Banned
Watching UPF when Jeff plays Mario Maker. Everybody laughs. Everybody but BRAD.

He knows that very second that his plan to get Destiny and/or Dotst 2 on the top of GB's GOTY list 2015 is in danger.

He needs to be stopped.

#NoBRAD
#stopDestinyDota
#stopD-D

Also holy crap I'm slow with MGS5. I'm almost 20 hours in and I only just got Quiet as a buddy, and almost immediately killed her on the second side ops I had her, because we landed right next to the tank I was supposed to blow up. I think I'm on mission 15 now.

That's not slow at all; MGSV is a legit huge game. The hours just fly by!

It's funny, we were pretty early adopters of DSL, but we stayed on that same kind of speed for years. It blew later on in life when things like Xbox live really took off.

I'm pretty much @ the same place you are. I just got her.
I am going slow too. I'm not really in a hurry though. Next game I play doesn't come out for like a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom