• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfool

Banned
Watching Drew will make me jealous of those who play with the lethal weapons. So many weapons to choose from and I restrict myself to non-lethal. Luckily, I just unlocked the ability to have a silenced non-lethal assault rifle and sniper rifle to go with my tranq pistol.

Just go wild on Lethal weapons in side ops. The only thing it affects is your horn.

Watching Drew will make me jealous of those who play with the lethal weapons. So many weapons to choose from and I restrict myself to non-lethal. Luckily, I just unlocked the ability to have a silenced non-lethal assault rifle and sniper rifle to go with my tranq pistol.
I never leave home without my rpg. I just never know when things are going to go crazy so I bring some crazy with me just in case.

I am early on and the rubber smg is like the only thing I use.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Of course they drop 2 reviews in one day when we notice how few reviews they've been doing this year.

Patryn

With all the people mentioning the content they miss/wish was more frequent I'll just say I wish Jeff would do more Jar videos. They're my favourite thing on the site. Just listening to Jeff talk to the camera without anyone else and share his thoughts is always insightful and interesting.
The problem with the those is that he answers a ton of questions on Jeff.zone, and it seems like he was finally able to achieve the work/life balance where he's not making videos from home anymore.

They were fun videos, but they're practically a relic of when he admits he was devoting too much time to the site.

popo

"Hi I'm Norm from Tested ... err, just Norm from Tested. Today we are going to be going though the bins of TV luminary Adam Savage. Hopefully it will give us some insight in to what fuels the great man. Huh. Just coffee grounds and candy wrappers. That wasn't what I expected. Anyway, I have a new article on the site looking at the Top 3 camera lenses for perving on cosplayers, so be sure to check that out. This has been Norm from Tested. Like, share, subscribe!"

The problem with the those is that he answers a ton of questions on Jeff.zone, and it seems like he was finally able to achieve the work/life balance where he's not making videos from home anymore.

They were fun videos, but they're practically a relic of when he admits he was devoting too much time to the site.

He could always record them at work, but yeah, tumblr has replaced them. Rather than 4 or so questions a video he can get to 4 or so a day. I already know his advice on how to break in to the industry anyways. He is one of the few that has kept up to tumblr. Previous heavy posters such as Dan, Danny and Patrick seem to have got bored of it.

If this doesn't drive home the point about how fucking dumb Quiet is then nothing will.

Remove the ridiculous outfit and over the top fan service aspects and she's pretty bad ass. The ridiculous fan service stuff I've seen ruins her though. In some cutscenes she's an interesting character, even without speaking, in others she appears to be mind controlled by a hormonal teenage boy.

Myggen

Is he? You'd think he'd mention Kojima @_@ Yeah she's badly sexualized, but she's a badass character despite it.

In the context of that clip I'd say it seems pretty obvious.

Anyways, looking forward to the Until Dawn stream tomorrow. Hope they're able to maybe finish the game.

Teddified

Does anyone here have the GoG version of Witcher 3?

I have an expansion pass since I was stupid and didn't think what amazon would give me, so I have the GOG version of the pass if anyone can use it.

Is he? You'd think he'd mention Kojima @_@ Yeah she's badly sexualized, but she's a badass character despite it.

I just don't understand Kojima's switch from 3 to 4. Snake Eater has the best female character by far in The Boss, and EVA, although highly sexualized, is a nice flip on the typical James Bond floozy and ends up outsmarting Big Boss at the end. We then go from that to having a photo gallery mode with mentally disturbed women in skin tight suits posing face-down ass-up.

I just don't understand Kojima's switch from 3 to 4. Snake Eater has the best female character by far in The Boss, and EVA, although highly sexualized, is a nice flip on the typical James Bond floozy and ends up outsmarting Big Boss at the end. We then go from that to having a photo gallery mode with mentally disturbed women in skin tight suits posing face-down ass-up.

Yeah the B&B unit unequivocally sucks. I mean, the models are hot, but they suck as characters. But that game has Meryl/Eva/Mei Ling/Naomi who are all equally awesome. So it gets a pass.

In the context of that clip I'd say it seems pretty obvious.

Anyways, looking forward to the Until Dawn stream tomorrow. Hope they're able to maybe finish the game.

On tomorrow's stream? As there's no way that's happening as I think the game is like 6-7 hours long.

Yeah the B&B unit unequivocally sucks. I mean, the models are hot, but they suck as characters. But that game has Meryl/Eva/Mei Ling/Naomi who are all equally awesome. So it gets a pass.

It's baffling that someone would say Naomi is awesome, she's a walking plot device with permanently exposed boobs that the game loves to focus on.

Teddified

I just hope Alex doesn't just try to kill people. I think it'd be funnier if they died because he made a mistake instead of just trying to kill them on purpose like everyone I saw play the game does.

It's baffling that someone would say Naomi is awesome, she's a walking plot device with permanently exposed boobs that the game loves to focus on.
Half of mei ling's screen time features her on the floor with her ass in the air.

I went one by one during the MGS4 play through pointing out how every single female character is shitty in mgs4. I knew then that quiet would be total crap and that words and deeds would be a bunch of nonsense. So far, not even 20 episodes in and I feel justified in that stance.

Half of mei ling's screen time features her on the floor with her ass in the air.

I went one by one during the MGS4 play through pointing out how every single female character is shitty in mgs4. I knew then that quiet would be total crap and that words and deeds would be a bunch of nonsense. So far, not even 20 episodes in and I feel justified in that stance.

Do you judge the characters by their actions or by how they're dressed and how the camera focuses on them?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I just hope Alex doesn't just try to kill people. I think it'd be funnier if they died because he made a mistake instead of just trying to kill them on purpose like everyone I saw play the game does.

I read way too far into that before I realized you were talking about a playthrough and not, for example, something he said on twitter.

Kojima's track record with female characters is pretty terrible and Quiet is like he didn't even care about pretending to hide the fact that he loves to drop pointless fanservice in his games.

Well, the last stream was almost 3 hours, wasn't it (seems to not be on the site right now which probably means they finally got the archive to work)?

I thought it was closer to 2 as it seemed to go a little longer than most GBeast streams. I also just double checked the length and it actually sounds like it might run closer to 8 hours so even if they did do 3 hours last week there's no way that they'll finish it tomorrow.

Myggen

I thought it was closer to 2 as it seemed to go a little longer than most GBeast streams. I also just double checked the length and it actually sounds like it might run closer to 8 hours so even if they did do 3 hours last week there's no way that they'll finish it tomorrow.

Okay, cool.

Bacon

Just wanted to give a shout out to Teddified from our very own community for giving me his Witcher 3 dlc code because he won't be able to use it. Thanks man!

yami4ct

Kojima's track record with female characters is pretty terrible and Quiet is like he didn't even care about pretending to hide the fact that he loves to drop pointless fanservice in his games.

I wouldn't necessarily call Kojima's track record out right bad. It's more frustratingly mixed. He either writes female characters that are the worst thing ever or are actually really interesting. The Boss and Meryl are quite good. I also found Sniper Wolf, Doctor Strangelove and other of his female side characters to be really cool as well. The problem then is he goes to write absolute bullshit like the BB core or just has the camera focus on the TNA of an otherwise kind of interesting character like Naomi.

What frustrates me most about Quiet is that there's something there. The parts of her character that aren't the over the top sexualization are quite interesting on their own. Kojima just doesn't do anything with those and the sex stuff just ruins a ton of otherwise good moments she has.

I wouldn't necessarily call Kojima's track record out right bad. It's more frustratingly mixed. He either writes female characters that are the worst thing ever or are actually really interesting. The Boss and Meryl are quite good. I also found Sniper Wolf, Doctor Strangelove and other of his female side characters to be really cool as well. The problem then is he goes to right absolute bullshit like the BB core or just has the camera focus on the TNA of an otherwise kind of interesting character like Naomi.

What frustrates me most about Quiet is that there's something there. The parts of her character that aren't the over the top sexualization are quite interesting on their own. Kojima just doesn't do anything with those and the sex stuff just ruins a ton of otherwise good moments she has.

Yeah, Quiet is a pretty good character because of her actions in the game. I've learned to ignore overtly TNA stuff and to not put that in the forefront of a character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom