• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I was waiting on the Mario Maker video on youtube, thinking their auto upload was broken and they'd do it manually, then I remembered....Nintendo! Fuck them.
It's up on youtube now. I think I remember Jeff saying that Nintendo's policies are not a problem for GB.

daydream

Banned
It's kind of sudden, but jeff and dan has turned into a really good quick look duo. Jeff seems super energetic in this combo.

not so sudden. it's been my favourite gbwest ql team since dan joined. at best, you get something hilarious, at worst you get a 'dan & jeff rank various media' podcast segment

It's kind of sudden, but jeff and dan has turned into a really good quick look duo. Jeff seems super energetic in this combo.
I honestly thought Jeff would have been the person Dan would work best with because they've known each other the longest. Then it ended up being Drew for Dan which has been such a great surprise. I think Jason and Jeff get along best.

When there is weird/sandbox/creative stuff in a game one or both of Jeff and Dan are a must. They fill some of the void left by Vinny in that department.

ETA: Watch the Westerado QL with Jeff and Dan. Maybe my favorite that they've done.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
not so sudden. it's been my favourite gbwest ql team since dan joined. at best, you get something hilarious, at worst you get a 'dan & jeff rank various media' podcast segment

I've liked it from the start but it seems like there's a sudden jump in quality somewhere.

Could it possibly dethrone Jeff + Vinny... ?

*ducks under the couch*

DamnBoxes

I've liked it from the start but it seems like there's a sudden jump in quality somewhere.

Could it possibly dethrone Jeff + Vinny... ?

*ducks under the couch*

They set the bar pretty high with Sniper Elite III. The chemistry is there but the key ingredient is an entertaining game!

eh i think its all fine (even the wrestling mentions).

Hell i watched that Forza Horizon 2 quicklook many times due to that discussion about the influence of the Wipeout XL soundtrack and Kid Rock shenanigans lol

daydream

Banned
I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye on that as a lot of the levels I'm coming across by looking in the game are pretty bad.

i've been playing a lot of gaffer levels and i can safely say that they are 1000x times higher quality than the user levels i've encountered in 100 mario challenge

but yeah, out of those, i will definitely be cataloguing the best ones i come across!

I wish I could play Mario Maker. I'd buy a WiiU but I have like 1000 hrs of backlog that I actually do want to get to, I can't add another platform to the mix.

It's tempting to go out and buy Mario Maker despite being on limited funds and planning to move in a month. Like shit everything I've seen looks amazing.

Also the best part about that Sonic sprite is that they used the original Sonic 1 styled one. It looks so badly out of place in the original tilesets.

i've been playing a lot of gaffer levels and i can safely say that they are 1000x times higher quality than the user levels i've encountered in 100 mario challenge

but yeah, out of those, i will definitely be cataloguing the best ones i come across!

I've also tried a few gaffer levels and I agree that they are far better than anything I've encountered by just searching the game. As time goes on I'm sure the game will start to surface better levels but so far I'm probably going to stick to the GAF thread.

Guys Metal Gear just keeps getting weirder. (LATEGAME)
The structure or Chapter 2 definitely seems very "Konami came down on us to actually finish this.

Going by what BUNTING1243 said, they would've been born around 1998. So, that'd mean you've been following Jeff since 1999/2000. I'm not sure anyone else was around then. Brad, maybe. He joined GS around then, I think. Vinny, too?

1996! I'm not that young!

oh shit, Grant Ward is in Until Dawn. :O

EqGoPUZ.gif

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Austin continued a bit on Twitter. It was pretty funny.

PS: Thank fuck for this thread and the Wrestling one. Otherwise I feel like I would go crazy on GAF these days.

When the NeoGAF wrestling discussion is one of the bastions of sanity, we have truly entered the darkest timeline.

Xater

When the NeoGAF wrestling discussion is one of the bastions of sanity, we have truly entered the darkest timeline.

Usually the people there are just funny and actually discuss things when stuff comes up. It's fine. The people there are for the most part nice. Looking into the thread about queer masculinity in stealth games really made me think GAF became too big for it's own good. That is a cesspool of dumb people shouting about nothing, instead of actually having a discourse about what I think is a pretty interesting article.

On a different note: I hope the East Crew will play dropsy. I thought that game was great when I played it at Gamescom. It's an adventure game in which you play a clown who just wants to bring happiness to people. You also want to hug them. I hugged a tree and a squirrel during my time with it and thought it was delightful. http://store.steampowered.com/app/274350/

demidar

Usually the people there are just funny and actually discuss things when stuff comes up. It's fine. The people there are for the most part nice. Looking into the thread about queer masculinity in stealth games really made me think GAF became too big for it's own good. That is a cesspool of dumb people shouting about nothing, instead of actually having a discourse about what I think is a pretty interesting article.

On a different note: I hope the East Crew will play dropsy. I thought that game was great when I played it at Gamescom. It's an adventure game in which you play a clown who just wants to bring happiness to people. You also want to hug them. I hugged a tree and a squirrel during my time with it and thought it was delightful. http://store.steampowered.com/app/274350/

I've certainly squirreled myself into community threads due to a perceived drop in post quality over on gaming main. It makes getting through those threads really hard sometimes. But at least it's damn good at news aggregation.

OT: When I started watching the Blues & Bullets QL, I didn't expect it to turn into Deadly Premonition.

Xater

I've certainly squirreled myself into community threads due to a perceived drop in post quality over on gaming main. It makes getting through those threads really hard sometimes. But at least it's damn good at news aggregation.

Yeah getting news is mostly the thing I use it for these days.

santeesioux

I have a couple of community threads that I'm subscribed to and only look at that, I don't even venture out to gaming or off topic anymore.

Xater

I'm unreasonably excited for Until Dawn ep. 02.

I have already played through and was surprised how much I ended up liking it. During my time with it though I could only think that it would have been more fun with a friend or two by my side. It would be like an interactive horror film night and sounded super appealing to me. I guess I know kinda get that with these play dates.

Myggen

I have already played through and was surprised how much I ended up liking it. During my time with it though I could only think that it would have been more fun with a friend or two by my side. It would be like an interactive horror film night and sounded super appealing to me. I guess I know kinda get that with these play dates.

Yeah, it seems like a perfect game to play with people who normally don't play games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom