• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jothel

Whoever said a few pages back that UK Papa Johns is better than Dominos is a crazy person. Papa Johns garlic butter dip is absolutely disgusting.

Also fuck grow home

Turnstyle

A new MPP would be so good. I know people love the live show, but there's something to be said for the contained stupidity of them in a studio slowly going mad. You also don't get assholes yelling 'skill' every 10 seconds.

As someone who loves the MPP content, and was Jonesing for something new to watch over the last week, I still haven't tackled the MPP live show. I'm worried it'll be a bit like going to see your favourite band play live, only to have some drunk bloke behind you bellowing the words to all the songs in your ears all night.

Or watching a studio sitcom with an obnoxious, over the top laughter track. Like in Happy Days, when the Fonze comes into the room and the audience goes 'WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!'. I think it'll be like that every time Dan rolls a one or gets dicked over.

Guys. I think I hate Giant Bomb fans.

Jothel

As someone who loves the MPP content, and was Jonesing for something new to watch over the last week, I still haven't tackled the MPP live show. I'm worried it'll be a bit like going to see your favourite band play live, only to have some drunk bloke behind you bellowing the words to all the songs in your ears all night.

Or watching a studio sitcom with an obnoxious, over the top laughter track. Like in Happy Days, when the Fonze comes into the room and the audience goes 'WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!'. I think it'll be like that every time Dan rolls a one or gets dicked over.

Just watch it, it's so good

yami4ct

The crowd works more than it doesn't. There's a lot of good energy there that allows Dan to play heel in a way he normally doesn't get to.

The only real problem is a single asshole who was just yelling 'Skill!' over, and over and over. It really sucks that he was there, but the show was really fun overall. I wouldn't want it as a complete replacement for in-studio MPPs like some have suggested, but it was fun for a once in a while thing.

Bacon

You're overthinking this. Just watch it

The cringe is at a minimum. It's a great fucking video.

Turnstyle

Live MPP is one of best content of the year.

Even better than the guest appearance by Mary's calzone in the live show?? God I wanted that calzone so bad. Calzooooooooone.

Okay chaps, you've convinced me, I'll give it a shot.

Btw, Dominos is a decent delivery pizza, but Papa Johns is far better. Even if it does always give me the
poops
. The Papa's garlic butter dip beats Domino's garlic and herb, hands down. UK anyway, I can't vouch for the quality in other regions.

Jothel

Says you.

I would happily drink a pint of the stuff, and then come back for a second.
Even+old+people+get+crushes+what+the+hell+are+you+_47ca0304d8c46121f0342b75e818f048.gif

UK pizza talk........is this the end times?
end of my shift pizza get in my belly times more like it, haha I'm here all week
Pizza Express

way better than it has any right to be

repeater

Oh my God the Springsteen story on the Ryckertcast.. I'm starting to understand how it is that Paul has been divorced 36 times.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, that price for the Oculus Rift is just too high. Like I don't think I can support VR anymore.

It's not like this will be the final lowest price for VR forever.

Or that you have to get it in the first stage or never ever support VR.

Heimbeck

Banned
Wait, why are they doing a quick look for chapter 2 of King's Quest?
Is chapter 2 that different from 1 that it needs its own quick look?

McNagah

It's not like this will be the final lowest price for VR forever.

Or that you have to get it in the first stage or never ever support VR.

I don't mean it that drastically, I just heard from the podcast the price for the VR headset and I don't think I can financially support it right now. Waiting for a while might be the best option.

Just don't be an early adopter. You'll get a better product with a better library and save money.

This is a good idea, just for curiosity sake, what are the more prominent games coming out in the future for OR?

Bowlie

Banned
I played Glitchhikers, mentioned in Austin's Top 10. It's an amazing, peaceful and almost surreal experience. If you have 30 minutes, you should give it a try, and at night if possible.

Antiwhippy

I don't mean it that drastically, I just heard from the podcast the price for the VR headset and I don't think I can financially support it right now. Waiting for a while might be the best option.

This is a good idea, just for curiosity sake, what are the more prominent games coming out in the future for OR?

That is a good thing to practice, but the the phrase should be "can't support for now" instead of "can't support anymore". :p

Also as I've said, summer lessons.

McNagah

That is a good thing to practice, but the the phrase should be "can't support for now" instead of "can't support anymore". :p

Also as I've said, summer lessons.
After reading a short summary of the game, I might want to try it for myself, I think I personally want Jeff to do a quick look on the game.

Antiwhippy

Oh I'm talking about vr in general.

Fuck flying in space, I want to teach people as they get uncomfortably close into my personal zone.

Wunder

Also Danielle left idle thumbs?

Are they even worth listening anymore?

She moved to NYC for her GF's job so she couldn't continue doing Idle Thumbs. She's started a podcast with Rob Zacny called Idle Weekend though, and that's pretty great although I wish they would have a guest on occasionally.

K.Sabot

I used to be able to listen to idle thumbs before they did the kickstarter. Not sure what happened since because I just couldn't bear through it after they reunited.

hamchan

I forgot why I stopped listening to Idle Thumbs. Probably was because they talked about some weird indie game I never heard of and then forgot what they were talking about halfway through their conversation. Looks like they talk about Yakuza 5 this week so I might listen again.

repeater

I forgot why I stopped listening to Idle Thumbs. Probably was because they talked about some weird indie game I never heard of and then forgot what they were talking about halfway through their conversation. Looks like they talk about Yakuza 5 this week so I might listen again.
I don't mind weird indie game talk. I dropped off because they had a tendency to get pretty selfserious and kinda.. I dunno, preachy? And the balance between those aspects and the fun silly stuff (often instigated or enhanced by Danielle) wasn't working out sufficiently well for me to keep it in my regular podcast rotation (that most prestigious and competitive space) in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom