• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Idle Thumbs is still beetling along. A far cry (too) from their Space Asshole highs but enjoyable enough week to week.

Still probably the single best episode descriptions of any podcast out there, and occasionally they get a really fascinating or hilarious piece of robot news or reader mail.

i wish to god they'd stop advertising me undies though.

Xater

Idle Thumbs is still beetling along. A far cry (too) from their Space Asshole highs but enjoyable enough week to week.

Still probably the single best episode descriptions of any podcast out there, and occasionally they get a really fascinating or hilarious piece of robot news or reader mail.

When I stopped listening to Thumbs it already felt on a downslope. Can't say I have a serious desire to return.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member

I think the last few episodes have been huge improvements over early/mid-2015. Having Nick on as a regular again has done wonders.

Zaph

Danielle now works for this site? Zam.com

Doesn't seen like a site you'd leave polygon for, but I remember Alexa not being too kind about them recently so...

Zaph

Uuuh did i miss some juicy material?
She threw some shade at them on Twitter a while back and more recently on The Lobby along the lines of being glad she doesn't work there anymore.

Just found it odd because as much as GAF likes to take the piss, they seem to be a pretty open and progressive site to write for.

LiK

She threw some shade at them on Twitter a while back and more recently on The Lobby along the lines of being glad she doesn't work there anymore.

Just found it odd because as much as GAF likes to take the piss, they seem to be a pretty open and progressive site to write for.

Kinda surprised about that. The Polygon crew seemed pretty tight. Guess it's not all roses there.

https://vimeo.com/102391697

That said, Idle Thumbs will get better once Jake/Sean/Chris finish up Firewatch and start playing more games again (for a while).

hah, idle thumbs crew playing games.

it's like you haven't been listening for the last 3 years or something. Hearing Chris break down games based solely on assumptions since he hasn't even touched them has been one of the lowlights of the last few years. Danielle was great because at several times she was literally the only person actually playing things.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

it's like you haven't been listening for the last 3 years or something. Hearing Chris break down games based solely on assumptions since he hasn't even touched them has been one of the lowlights of the last few years. Danielle was great because at several times she was literally the only person actually playing things.

Yeah, this pretty much summed up my thoughts on why I stopped listening.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member

Can you give some examples of Chris doing that dismissively? I'm not saying he hasn't ever, but I'm struggling to think of examples.

Can you give some examples of Chris doing that dismissively? I'm not saying he hasn't ever, but I'm struggling to think of examples.

off the top of my head, i would say the podcast period right before Danielle joined had some of this. It was Chris going on and on and me shaking my head because he literally hadn't even touched these games.

I kinda wished they stopped feeling the need to do weekly casts and only do them when they can get together and have something substantially to say, like they did back before they first stop casting. But now that they're knee deep in the Idle Podcast network with sponsors and all I dont see them going back to that approach anytime soon

As someone who has been listening to them since bird noise and horsebags, I hope Haunted is right and that the casts will get better once they ship Firewatch. The new cast with Steve Gaynor on it was fantastic and Nick's occasional appearances are always a delight.

Megasoum

Banned
Quick question guys...

I just want to be sure... So the Guitar Hero 3 360 guitar works on Rock Band 3 (360) right?

Also all the songs DLC for RB1 and 2 is also available for RB3?

Quick question guys...

I just want to be sure... So the Guitar Hero 3 360 guitar works on Rock Band 3 (360) right?

Also all the songs DLC for RB1 and 2 is also available for RB3?

i believe the answer to the first is yes and the answer to the second is mostly yes. if youre using the rock band key transfer to transfer tracks from previous rock bands then some of the tracks will not carry over due to licensing issues. A vast majority will, though, and i *believe* that all the DLC from previous rock band games should work with RB3

Jintor

tbh chris does it all the time. he doesn't deliberately dismiss things but his perception of what a game will be like often rises to the fore when talking about stuff he hasn't actually played yet. it can be really irritating

see the best bits for chris are when that conflicts with what a game is actually like to him when he plays it and then his head explodes. when it's just his expectations and then either nobody or a third person talking about how it meets/doesn't meet that thumbs can become kind of a chore to listen to.

Megasoum

Banned
i believe the answer to the first is yes and the answer to the second is mostly yes. if youre using the rock band key transfer to transfer games from previous rock bands then some of the tracks will not carry over due to licensing issues. A vast majority will, though, and i *believe* that all the DLC from previous rock band games should work with RB3

Ok sounds good thanks.

Yeah the stuff I want to play is all actual DLC I think, no transfers from RB1/2.

Now to find a used copy of RB3 lol... I know I could find one online but I'd love to play this week-end...hmmm

Not that this isn't crazy, but if it makes you feel better she seems to barely talk at all the first hour or so. Then she opens up a lot more.

She doesn't talk that much. You can still enjoy it.

Fine
You twisted my arm. I'll give it a listen :p

I actually laughed out loud in public at both of those. The Battlefront report was the fucking cutest greatest thing.

"Darth Vader is doing well"
I was laughing throughout the whole thing. Great stuff.

super happy the new king's quest is shaping up nicely

i thought Activision would pull the plug when the first episode didn't seem to set the world on fire. Glad to see that as of now, it's still on track to see a full release.

I picked up the full season on newegg for $8 so im just sitting here, patiently waiting for the whole season to come out before giving it a go

also, this micromachines story is a tragedy and gaming will be dead in 5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom