• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

repeater

better than most dialogue in MGSV
Punished "Venom" Warren
A Fallen Legend
ZongvIJ.png

Spoilers for episode 5 of Life is Strange:

I told David the truth because I didn't know what the rules of LiS' brand of timetravel were. Will the timelines that Max leaves behind keep on existing or will they disappear? The game touches on this (in one of the 'sit down and reflect' moments after coming back to the original timeline in episode 4) but never gives an answer. Keeping this in mind:

Timelines continue + you tell the truth = David is devastated, but he was gonna find out anyway.
Timelines continue + you hide the truth = You fill David with false hope, which I think is more cruel than telling him right away.
Timelines end + you tell the truth = David suffers through unnecessary grief, until you leave the timeline.
Timelines end + you hide the truth = David does not suffer.

Outcome 4 is the best option, but I feel outcome 2 is so cruel I didn't want to risk it.

FStop7

Banned
I should watch more LiS. I forgot that there's a lot of photography related story matter. I loved the quip about the monochrome camera in Nathan's room.

I have that camera

fuzzyset

Has anyone at GB played the Division now that the NDA is up? Jeff made some comments on last week's(?) bombcast but it wasn't clear if he played it recently.

Fireblend

Banned
They are going to take forever on
the stealth section.
I can just feel it.

I didn't get
caught
once during that and then was surprised to see all the people complaining about it online.

But yeah they're gonna get stuck, putting it there wasn't a great idea.

I have have the stream paused, I just got home from work. Is there anyway to rewind back to the beginning, or download the part I have already missed somehow so I don't have to wait until tomorrow?

Oh, the pang of regret as they realised they made the 'wrong' dialogue choice....

[EDIT -
I have have the stream paused, I just got home from work. Is there anyway to rewind back to the beginning, or download the part I have already missed somehow so I don't have to wait until tomorrow?

You can rewind, but you'll only be able to watch before they reset the stream backend ahead of UPF.]

Patryn

I didn't get
caught
once during that and then was surprised to see all the people complaining about it online.

But yeah they're gonna get stuck, putting it there wasn't a great idea.

I didn't have a tough time, but I got caught a few times.

But I feel like Vinny's instincts will lead to that taking a while.

On a PC you should have full VOD controls... at least until the time in which this gets booted to make way for UPF.

On an iPad, I know that I generally don't see the timeline, so I can't rewind.

I thought I would see the VOD controls, they're usually there, but not today on this stream. Oh well, I was never going to finish it before UPF anyway, I forgot about that.

Damn, been looking forward to it all bloody day and I'm busy again tomorrow night.

Patryn

I thought I would see the VOD controls, they're usually there, but not today on this stream. Oh well, I was never going to finish it before UPF anyway, I forgot about that.

Damn, been looking forward to it all bloody day and I'm busy again tomorrow night.

Odd. I have VOD on the video. Chrome in Windows 10 PC, fyi.

repeater

Like the rest of the series, this episode doesn't seem perfect, but I don't know.. Either Jeff read a pretty shitty summary, or...
Jeff has poor taste?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom