• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireblend

Banned
Man, this game is good. Glad they chose the true ending.
Really enjoyed watching this. East coast so good.

And yeah the foals song is alright.

Patryn

I dont understand why
warren and kate and everyone are at the funeral? Like, did they know chloe before she left the school? I don't get it.

At one point Chloe went to Blackwell, but she got kicked out. There's some background stuff on that. I'd assume they got to know her then?

Kimaka

I really enjoyed the playthrough but I'll be glad to get back to different stuff for playdates.

Phantasmagoria 2 time!

They're never getting back to that :c

real talk

I don't understand how we've come so far and developers haven't realized that if you're game isn't a stealth game first and foremost that you don't fucking do a stealth segment ever

The stealth sections never bothered me in LiS because I could just rewind and keep powering forward instead of having to start from the beginning like most stealth sequences.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't know the stealth section was a problem for people until now, it was like a 5 minute thing...

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
You know which studio should make a "Telltale" like game? Remedy.
Think about it.

This really surpassed SE expectations, didn't it? Isn't it kinda the reason Hitman is going fully episodic?

It sold a million copies on Steam alone. SE has to be happy with this. Right?

real talk

I don't understand how we've come so far and developers haven't realized that if you're game isn't a stealth game first and foremost that you don't fucking do a stealth segment ever

In fairness, the stealth has a unique twist with manipulating time. But Episode 4 already has a minor stealth sequence. That's sufficient. It never needed to be expanded and reused.

Do you happen to have a link for that?

Not at the moment, sorry. It was spread over the LiS threads back in October.

While we're on the topic of episodic games, that second season of Walking Dead is kind of bad. I remembered Alex and Patrick being really down on it and after playing it I definitely get why.

Kaizer

Banned
So having played the first 3 Life Is Strange episodes & watching the last two with GBeast, overall, I still really loved the game. It definitely has it's issues and can be a little on the nose at times, but overall it was a very enjoyable experience.

Jeff's comments during GOTY deliberations were super wrong, but obviously they couldn't have argued for it being a GOTY-contender without actually playing through all of it. Not sure where I'd place it, but Life is Strange definitely ranks within the Top 5 games of 2015 for me.

Patryn

I still really, really like that game.

Definitely was Top 3 for me last year. Super happy I played through it myself, and it was a fun game to play because my wife got super into it as well and helped me make choices.

And are people bad-mouthing Alan Wake? I liked both that game and American Nightmare.

Sure, AW could have been tightened up a bit, but overall it's a solid game.

repeater

So I have a question about consistency in the ending they chose:
When you're back in the school bathroom, you can't intervene and save Chloe because it would constitute you meddling with time, thus leading to all the supernatural disasters for Arcadia Bay. But then when we get to see what photos are burned and what photos remain in that timeline, we see Mr Professor guy (I already forgot his name) getting arrested, which means Max must have tipped someone off, right? So why didn't that kind of meddling with time using the prescience she got from her time travelling give rise to the disasters?

Also a very minor thing I'm curious about:
If you didn't kiss Chloe in the earlier episode, do you still get that ending kiss?

What's the kiss with Warren like? Friendly peck on the cheek or more romantic? Is it as awkward as the hug?
Tell me about it, Warren totally got a boner during that hug.

When you're back in the school bathroom, you can't intervene and save Chloe because it would constitute you meddling with time, thus leading to all the supernatural disasters for Arcadia Bay. But then when we get to see what photos are burned and what photos remain in that timeline, we see Mr Professor guy (I already forgot his name) getting arrested, which means Max must have tipped someone off, right? So why didn't that kind of meddling with time using the prescience she got from her time travelling give rise to the disasters?

Nathan confessed and revealed all of the stuff Jefferson was doing in the process.

Fireblend

Banned

Also a very minor thing I'm curious about:
If you didn't kiss Chloe in the earlier episode, do you still get that ending kiss?

Tell me about it, Warren totally got a boner during that hug.
Nathan came clean when he was interrogated, which included talking about Jefferson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom