• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scizzy

"If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country.”

E.M. Forster

Box city was better.
LWbCsvLh.png

XMK1mNQh.png

I like Minecraft. Xbox Ver was great. I sunk too much time into that.

ST2K

It's also incredibly binary given Max's powers to shift even the smallest events. Granted, it's a video game, and time travel is always fucked, but still, it rings false unless you played as the most horrible person in the game.

That's the point though. Everything is fucked because Max shifted events. The ending is choosing between using your powers to meddle or not.

- J - D -

That's the point though. Everything is fucked because Max shifted events. The ending is choosing between using your powers to meddle or not.

I get that, and it works from a thematic standpoint, but unfortunately that doesn't preclude from also feeling extremely video gamey and artificially black/white. I can appreciate it from a detached perspective, but that's it.

In any case, it's over, and I'm done with it.

LiS episode 5 spoilers

In my playthrough, I chose to
sacrifice Chloe
, but later I read someone's explanation of why they chose to
sacrifice Arcadia Bay
that made me reconsider my choice.

If timelines continue to exist after Max leaves them behind, then Arcadia Bay will always be doomed in one timeline, even if Max goes back to another timeline and makes sure the tornado never appears in that reality. The tornado timeline is already created and there's no stopping it. If you assume this, then the final choice is not 'what is the reality that should happen?', but 'what reality would I rather live in?'. Arcadia Bay's blood is already on your hands, might as well live in the reality that allows you to be with your best friend/girlfriend.

6ljB1qf.png

Yep, I figured I'd see this tweet.

I was kinda surprised to see this, in his review of Undertale he was a bit adamant about not going back to see the other endings just because he could.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
watch out jeff there's a dune bug on the wall behind you

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
This is a far too cute aesthetic for a game with really horrifying themes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom