• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I'm reading through the thread and you all did great using the LiS spoiler tags. I appreciate that, much respect as I'm not far and will watch the Beast after I'm done.

Well this is the only album I can actually find of hers, so that's what I've been going through. Turns out it's tough for someone who knows jack shit about Japan to machine translate his way to information about a semi-obscure j-rapper's solo project :p

it's better than most of charisma's stuff imo though I know I'm in the minority on that one.

she also has an EP and used to rap with a group called CREAM SODAZ

she also used to guest on some other people's stuff but it's hard to pin down exactly what releases since the credits aren't super clear.

fun fact: a lot of her current music is co-written by some of her old pals from way back when.

some older stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvKW9wKFH1M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tUfydQ1X_k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcHzpCJnrPo

you guys could just ask me if you have j-music questions, I either probably know the answer or can figure it out.

WSl43x0.png

LiK

started watching the LiS Playdates from the beginning. Up to Ep 2. Oh man, very enjoyable. Looking forward to the whole thing now. The small glimpses of them playing Ep 5 was a good push for me to get through this series. their reactions cracked me up.

daydream

Banned
so, to fix that whole mess caused by max' time travelling you
time travel again

ok game

and way to skimp on the ending for the other
correct
choice

so, to fix that whole mess caused by max' time travelling you
time travel again

ok game

and way to skimp on the ending for the other
correct
choice
I'm gonna try and explian this because it does get really confusing

by going back to the bathroom in episode 1 and not interving max goes into the correct timeline and not the crazy alt timeline where shit is fucked.

daydream

Banned
I'm gonna try and explian this because it does get really confusing

by going back to the bathroom in episode 1 and not interving max goes into the correct timeline and not the crazy alt timeline where shit is fucked.

yeah, i get that but
it still feels like a cop-out and ultimately inconsistent. she doesn't change anything in chloe's past, either, for example, so that timeline ultimately remained the same and shouldn't have affected the time-space-continuum

ultimately, i wouldn't have cared that much if they had fleshed out the other option to do the final choice justice

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
yeah, i get that but
it still feels like a cop-out and ultimately inconsistent. she doesn't change anything in chloe's past, either, for example, so that timeline ultimately remained the same and shouldn't have affected the time-space-continuum

ultimately, i wouldn't have cared that much if they had fleshed out the other option to do the final choice justice

Isn't that the point?
She didn't do anything after that point so she didn't fuck anything up.

I see Dan playing REmake on Xbox One, wonder what he thinks of it. It would be pretty cool if he did a small playthrough with his dad as sort of an update on their original playthrough of the game on PS1.

Anyways, more people should play Resident Evil remake, it's a classic. Even people who despise tank controls since they added alternate controls in the HD version(despite the game built entirely around tank controls) can play it!

daydream

Banned
tofubeats is gud

Isn't that the point?
She didn't do anything after that point so she didn't fuck anything up.

i've thought it through again and i suppose it is consistent.
if she were to travel to the future again, things would be more messed up but the past is still untouched, i suppose. same way everything was fine when she travelled to the point where chloe's dad died. i concede that point then.

i guess that only leaves my complaint regarding the alternate ending

FluxWaveZ

Yep, that's essentially the point, and I love it. I don't necessarily like how telegraphed the choice was, but more games need to tackle the concept of
the ultimate futility of a journey.

Finishing the playdate right now. They made the right choice; if only because that's the one that wasn't hindered by budget.

FluxWaveZ

Lol Larry David

Life is Strange is a Persona game with all these butterflies.

Life Is Strange would have been Persona 6 if the moment this happened:
The main character gained a Persona and not her other power.
  • Blue butterfly
  • High school setting
  • Teenager with supernatural powers
  • Teenagers playing detectives
  • High school kids being targeted/murdered
  • Seemingly innocent culprit
  • Relationship systems
  • Apocalypse scenario mixed with crime
It's all there!

Houndi101

Watching last Life is Strange
"poor" David can't catch a break, I feel he should have beaten Jefferson... Unless he really is a total poser

edit.
that was just dumb

yami4ct

Watching the Dragon's Dogma QL and I found it hilarious that Austin ran into the same problem I did. Changed the vocation on my female characters and instantly thought 'how the heck do I make them not naked'.

And 2 cents on the fast travel, I would find this game unplayable without the Eternal Waystone. There is a ton of walking as is. Let me at least port back to the main town when I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom