• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doop

I just finished watching the end of their Life is Strange playthrough and I almost cried at the ending a second time. That's a really good game.

justjim89

Guys, I just finished watching The Resurrection of Jake The Snake, and I'm here to say wrestling isn't stupid.

It's dumb, but it's not stupid.

Great documentary, by the way. Anyone on the fence about checking it out ought to watch it. Then again, give it a few months and it'll probably be on Netflix like The Iron Sheik one.

I'd love to hear Brad's thoughts on a wrestling documentary, since he seems to be a fan of the genre even if he doesn't care for wrestling. Have him watch some shit and do a segment on the Powerbombcast.

Lunar FC

So this last part of LiS where
max is fucking see shit
is honestly giving me extreme axiety and making me super uncomfortable. Honestly havent felt like this from a game since like Gone Home. Where nothing scary is happening yet I still feel uneasy.

Am I just a baby?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Am I actually missing something with donut create push or am I putting too much thought into your regular engrish nonsense phrase?

jaina

Am I actually missing something with donut create push or am I putting too much thought into your regular engrish nonsense phrase?
If you've seen a lot of these nonsensical "english" shirts, it's less surprising. you're not missing anything. except for the fun. maybe Vinny's salad dressing made you smile instead.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
If you've seen a lot of these nonsensical "english" shirts, it's less surprising. you're not missing anything. except for the fun. maybe Vinny's salad dressing made you smile instead.

Oh no I had a good time during that moment, trust me, but I'm just wondering if I'm missing something deeper, more intricate.

repeater

6msp2ZCh.png
The roles have been reversed. The pupil has become the master. And the former master is DISGUSTED.

Man Yakuza really is the perfect series for a hypothetical future Endurance Run. After Deadly Premonition and Persona 4 my mental definition of what an ER game is has become oddly specific, of a Japanese game with some combination of self-seriousness and bizarre Japan weirdness, where despite how off-the-wall the story might get it is still grounded in a fairly normal setting with a backdrop of day to day life and social interaction mechanics.

I never watched the third endurance run

popo

Rorie turned into an Eldritch Monster.

Eldritch has become a new favourite word for the GB staff, ever since that bombcast where Dan insisted that Eldritch Horror was not in common parlance. This week alone Vinny used it twice (The Room 3 QL, Dragons Dogma QL) and Alex once (Beastcast).

demidar

Pure ending conjecture here for LiS, but
if you picked the Chloe ending, wouldn't that mean more supernatural destruction if Max continues to use her power? I guess she could not use them but I think the urge would be too much for her to resist. There's also the fact that the Cosmos seemingly has a hard-on for killing Chloe, maybe the destruction is attached to her continual existence with the timeline is trying its darndest to write her out instead of the time powers?

Pure ending conjecture here for LiS, but
if you picked the Chloe ending, wouldn't that mean more supernatural destruction if Max continues to use her power? I guess she could not use them but I think the urge would be too much for her to resist. There's also the fact that the Cosmos seemingly has a hard-on for killing Chloe, maybe the destruction is attached to her continual existence with the timeline is trying its darndest to write her out instead of the time powers?

If she continued to use her powers then yeah it would probably happen again, but I don't think she would use them again after the damage she already caused with them.

Jintor

i think dan's right that it's not in common common parlance, but it's pretty common in geek parlance. especially when you're talking about lovecraftian kinda stuff.

Xater

Guys I really want slime rancher.

Should I break my early access vows or just wait till full release?

I had the same feeling, but you know you will just hate yourself the next day that you bought it on Early Access. You will play it now for a couple of hours, get sick of the little that's there and then never touch it again. Not even once it's finally out.

Xater

Yeah that is my EXACT experience with don't starve.

I'll just wishlist it and wait.

That was me and Prison Architect. Played a bunch of it EA and then barely touched it when it was out.

I stopped myself from playing more than 2 hours of Darkest Dungeon in EA, so I am really looking forward to tuesday when the final game is out. Not buying Early Access ever again though.

Xater

Speaking of Early Access, someone stop me from trying Star Citizen.

You should definitely not buy that. They have more than enough money. Wait until they are finally done. Get Elite: Dangerous if you want your space sim fix. That is at least done and doesn't cost too much.

You should definitely not buy that. They have more than enough money. Wait until they are finally done. Get Elite: Dangerous if you want your space sim fix. That is at least done and doesn't cost too much.

Yeah, I'm way into Elite: Dangerous already, I'm just really curious about Star Citizen and it looks like they recently put out a big update.

Xater

Yeah, I'm way into Elite: Dangerous already, I'm just really curious about Star Citizen and it looks like they recently put out a big update.

Problem with Star Citizen is that it looks like a game that will take forever to be actually done and once that is the case you will get in for way cheaper I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom