• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

While that sort of makes sense, for the most part they always record on Monday, so why exactly it takes until late afternoon Tuesday is beyond me. Beastcast is recorded Thursday and goes up very early Friday. What it seems like to me is that Vinny is much more on his game as far as getting it done. I don't know what their daily schedules are so maybe this is all a mute point, but that's what it looks like to me.

It is personal style. Jeff did very little editing. Ryan heavily edited. Brad is somewhere in the middle. I doubt he is taking a whole day to finish it. They have other stuff to do.

As Jeff and someone else said. If you really want a schedule then get it every Wednesday morning.

Alfredo

I finished making Persona 4 Monopoly, and I wanted to share one of the "Shuffle Time" cards with you.

1syq1PV.png

Megasoum

Banned
Also, I just got to the Tetris pieces tutorial in The Witness (well a series of panels next to each other)...

I understand the concept behind the Tetris pieces but for some reason I just can't get the first one.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Only ones that really bother me is when they start talking about something else but Vinny just keeps going and it takes them like 20 minutes to talk about something that should take 4 minutes.

Yeah last week was especially bad. I like it when they go off tangent, but not when it's like 5+ times per topic.

MG310

Latest Metal Gear Scanlon:

I totally used the same mortar Drew did to finish this mission. It worked fantastically. They didn't get up onto the roof for a long time, though.

They really have trouble with the smaller building with the ladders as well. All they'll do is occasionally make the rocks burst out of the rooftop.

I'm way behind on kerbal, and it makes me sad.

Off topic, but I can't find an active GTAV thread. How do I sprint full speed with a controller in 3rd person on GTAV PC? When I mash the A button, it just toggles into first person view.

Frith

I'm not bored of the witness but the podcast is going way too far discussing the ending stuff I wish I had just finished it tonight In stead of trying to get every side thing first.

I thought I would be safe given I've done everything up too the point of no return(I assume it's that I haven't done it)

so maybe skip the witness chat in the first half hour if you care

I'm not bored of the witness but the podcast is going way too far discussing the ending stuff I wish I had just finished it tonight In stead of trying to get every side thing first.

I thought I would be safe given I've done everything up too the point of no return(I assume it's that I haven't done it)

I just need to stay off of forums and stop listening to podcasts with stuff I care about. There's only so much "man thing is so great, you should really check out thing at end of game!" I can handle before I begrudge the game for hiding something from me.

I listened to all that and then knew I still had like, 20 hours of line puzzles in front of me and said "fuck it."

I've done probably around 80 puzzles or so already and thus far I'm somewhat underchallenged and underwhelmed

also fuck every puzzle series that resets all the puzzles when you get one wrong

Patryn

Yes, let's avoid calling out other sites. Let's especially avoid directly linking them.

That shit gets communities banned around here.

TraBuch

Banned
I'll never understand the concept of a guilty pleasure. Who gives a shit what someone else thinks of what you like? Embrace your weirdness. Unless you're a bronie. You can stay ashamed.

It wasnt that bad to be honest. Their talk is vague enough that someone like me whos gone through...a quarter of the game doesnt really know what they are talking about

Megasoum

Banned
I got a 55 inch during Boxing Day and I had the same reaction. I sat and stared at the box in my bedroom and was like "what did I do"

I never had a TV anywhere as close as big before

Yeah I'm going from a 24" Sony 3D Playstation TV (the giant PSP one that they released a while ago) to a 50" lol.

I'm kind of glad they talk deeper into the witness on this podcast. Any time they talked about it, it's just them talking about how great it is while never really saying why.

I have to listen to it soon after I catch up on this Vinnycast.

Alright I'm sold on this guest contributor thing. Aside from some needing some editing, it's a great piece that makes some insightful points. Looking forward to the GBPresents and diving into the comments.

I feel like Austin's weekend articles and the guest columns will bring out some great comments on top of the articles themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom