• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I never liked playing on Ironman in XCOM, it always seemed unfair more than hard to me.

Ironman is less about being hard and more about forcing yourself to deal with the shitty things that happen. If you aren't playing on a hard difficulty level, it'll be entirely possible to overcome losing soldiers or even missions and ironman just keeps you from wanting to reload and try it again. And on harder levels it just forces you to play better to avoid those shitty things in the first place as much as possible.

I don't see how a fake robot that you have to assemble yourself that doesn't do any of the stuff that makes robots cool in the first place is rewarding

It's the process of making something that looks bad (unpainted plastic parts in an injection molding sprue frame) into something that looks rad(a fuckin Gundam).

BearPawB

Banned
Ironman is less about being hard and more about forcing yourself to deal with the shitty things that happen. If you aren't playing on a hard difficulty level, it'll be entirely possible to overcome losing soldiers or even missions and ironman just keeps you from wanting to reload and try it again.

That's why I'm considering it for 2.
force me to deal with my bad choices

But can a gunpla do THIS?!

HMoLlt4.jpg

def sim

Alex Navarro ‏@alex_navarro 2m2 minutes ago
“I have installed American Truck Simulator” he said to himself aloud, his voice cracking with barely stifled despair.

aw dip

Ha, I have to be careful. The Euro Truck Sim 2 QL convinced me to buy that game and I played it for like 100 hrs. Sim games apparently dig their claws into me deep.

I think it's really interesting how the novelty of Euro Truck Simulator has birthed legitimacy to American Truck Simulator. Like, if ATS was first I think the chance of it being mostly ignored would be pretty high even if it was the same game given the general mundane notion of it. The silly idea of being specifically a Euro truck driver gets you through the door then you realize it's actually fun. Now you know what you're getting yourself into and are just more receptive. It's pretty cool.

I think it's really interesting how the novelty of Euro Truck Simulator has birthed legitimacy to American Truck Simulator. Like, if ATS was first I think the chance of it being mostly ignored would be pretty high even if it was the same game given the general mundane notion of it. The silly idea of being specifically a Euro truck driver gets you through the door then you realize it's actually fun. Now you know what you're getting yourself into and are just more receptive. It's pretty cool.

I still don't get the appeal. I played the demo and figured people only enjoy it as a quick joke. I can't imagine playing that game for more than like 10 minutes.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I kind of think driving in the more varied environments of the Americas would be more interesting than the countryside of most eu nations.

So what's the radio functionality like in American Truck Simulator? What do I have to do to listen to When We Were Young as I haul freight across our great nation?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So is Patrick "just another YouTuber" now? Him doing Let's Plays and the dumb thumbnails is kinda depressing.

That said I really love his Maker Morning series. I even got my family hooked over the holidays.

I sadly had to unsub after Patrick Reax to Horror MOvie trailer where he aggressively went into it with people who posted that they simply weren't interested in that kind of content. And the TOP 10 PATRICK REAX MEME MONDAYS thing he did after that

It's weird that he's become so negative towards criticism when he went off on his own after he left GB. I imagine he would have gotten the worst criticism then

omgkitty

I really wish the west guys would start setting up a standard time the podcast drops. Vinny always (almost) puts it up around 7am or so on Friday mornings whereas the Bombcast is just kinda whenever on Tuesday.

SomberOwl

Hopefully we get some coverage of a lot of the new games in the next few weeks.

• Not a Hero
  • Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
  • Firewatch
  • Unravel
  • Gravity Rush Remastered

Myggen

I need to listen to the latest Beastcast too. I'm about 8 hours behind on content. I need to take a vacation or something.

Dineren

Banned
I'm only 30 minutes into the Beastcast, but it has been pretty entertaining so far. It seems like Vinny drank a full vial of that Black Blood of the Earth right before recording though.

I really wish the west guys would start setting up a standard time the podcast drops. Vinny always (almost) puts it up around 7am or so on Friday mornings whereas the Bombcast is just kinda whenever on Tuesday.

You realize if they did that they would just release it at the same time every Wednesday? So why not wait til Wednesday morning to download your bombcast and you will always have a new bombcast at the same time Wednesday morning.

jaina

You realize if they did that they would just release it at the same time every Wednesday? So why not wait til Wednesday morning to download your bombcast and you will always have a new bombcast at the same time Wednesday morning.
Jeff answered similarly
jeff.zone said:
The show goes up on Tuesday, the minute it’s done being edited. If we were to schedule it, it would go up at midnight Tuesday night or sometime Wednesday morning. Would people rather have it at a set time every week that is always later than we currently deliver it? Or would they rather have it as soon as it’s finished?

Right now, people who want the schedule approach should just check their feed on Wednesday morning. Because it’s always there.

I just need to learn getting to sleep instead of waiting for the possibility of an early cast.

Hopefully we get some coverage of a lot of the new games in the next few weeks.

• Not a Hero - already got a QL but I'd like to see Jeff appreciate the Scottish character some more
  • Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth - definitely needs to be an Austin/Vinny joint
  • Firewatch - will take anyone for this one
  • Unravel - definitely an Alex joint
  • Gravity Rush Remastered - anyone but Jeff

please do it like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom