• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brashnir

tumblr_ncn4ybzhzV1rlc5f9o1_500.png

Needs "Saturn Sucks" and a bad drawing of boobs in the background.

daydream

Banned
devil's third multiplayer looks kinda interesting but not interesting enough to warrant anything near full price

especially when people could be playing steamworld heist instead, game's dope

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
devil's third multiplayer looks kinda interesting but not interesting enough to warrant anything near full price

especially when people could be playing steamworld heist instead, game's dope

I'd much rather play the chicken game as illustrated in the load screen.

neshcom

Banned
I refuse to believe they're actually going to go through with that, regardless of voting.

It would be incredibly off-brand for CAH to do a fake-out.

I think the painting thing is fine, but I can also see that extrapolating that idea is kind of not-great.

So Tales from the Borderlands is on sale on Steam for $8.50 I've heard a few people here and at GB talk about that game being maybe the best Tell Tale game. Should I pull the trigger (only played Walking Dead season 1 before this)

Zaph

So Tales from the Borderlands is on sale on Steam for $8.50 I've heard a few people here and at GB talk about that game being maybe the best Tell Tale game. Should I pull the trigger (only played Walking Dead season 1 before this)

Absolutely. That and Walking Dead S1 are Telltale's best.

Lijik

I doubt Patrick is cheating. We watched him beat the Ryckoning live and honestly that one was far more obtuse than this one, this one just has more stuff to do start to finish

That playthrough also involved patrick figuring some stuff off screen when he was hitting a wall. #followthemoney #ConsumerKlepek

Yeah, I'd say there's a difference if it's some original piece that should be sitting in a museum but this just seems pointless and dumb so I say all the more power to them.

if anything, it's giving an obscure, and frankly not very good piece of art more attention and exposure than it would have ever received. it's an interesting social experiment and, "worst case scenario," 150,000 people have an interesting conversation piece.

people on GAF have a really fucking weird obsession with "authorial intent." everything else is censorship or disrespect to the creator; I halfway imagine some folks living in a house where everything is wrapped in plastic

is this some kind of weird behavior that video games encourage or inherent to nerd culture? hoarders everywhere

jaina

I bought that Undertale because of you guys, I hope it is as good as you say.

Didn't expect it to be on sale...

Also, get Tales from the Borderlands everybody!

Yeah, I'd say there's a difference if it's some original piece that should be sitting in a museum but this just seems pointless and dumb so I say all the more power to them.
If it's a print, the whole stunt lost all meaning. And if it were the original I'd be against it.

He uses that american flag pajamas too many times
I think he mentioned he has two? I'm not enough of a stalker to actually start that wardrobe inventory of the duders though

if anything, it's giving an obscure, and frankly not very good piece of art more attention and exposure than it would have ever received. it's an interesting social experiment and, "worst case scenario," 150,000 people have an interesting conversation piece.

people on GAF have a really fucking weird obsession with "authorial intent." everything else is censorship or disrespect to the creator; I halfway imagine some folks living in a house where everything is wrapped in plastic

is this some kind of weird behavior that video games encourage or inherent to nerd culture? hoarders everywhere

Gotta keep that shit in package! Mint or shit!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's not? I read it was. Fuck it then, if it's just a signed print let them do what they want.

Caution, Undertale is the biggest practical joke the internet has ever pulled off.

Caution, zaph is the biggest practical joke the internet ever pulled off.

;O

yami4ct

Hey guys!

The Trails in the Sky games are on Sale on Steam. You should buy them both so we can get more. The second one is only like $3 off but it's worth it, I promise.

neshcom

Banned
Yeah, after they've done more looking into it, it seems like it's just a signed print. That part is kind of getting overlooked.

Well, it's an original wood print, not like a paper print, so it's kind of an original?

I went to Steam to look at TFTB and ended up with a bunch of not-that in my cart...

I have received Trails of Cold Steel in the mail!

Same here. Got the Lionheart edition on Vita as well, but probably won't start it till after Xenoblade. Having too much fun with that game to stop now.

Hey guys!

The Trails in the Sky games are on Sale on Steam. You should buy them both so we can get more. The second one is only like $3 off but it's worth it, I promise.

I felt like I ripped them off for only paying $30 for it :p

Better than almost all the game I paid $60 for.

It's absolutely a nerd culture thing, both with hoarding and this insane fixation on executive meddling and the idea that the creator's TRUE vision is always one director's cut away. I mean, you can look at the obsession about "hidden" MGSV chapter three content for the latest example. Creators who are subject to nerd idol worship are usually considered infallible and any attempt to alter their "vision" -- like, say, removing a boob size slider -- is seen as a violation. It's out of control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom