• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

The problem with giving SFV most disappointing is that it's a 5/5 game in the core gameplay and the rest of its problems stems from Capcom being shit, and who expects much of Capcom these days?

I don't want to even imagine the scenario in which something's a hotter mess than SFV this year. Oculus made a brave early grab, but SFV will simply not stop fucking up.

I can see SFV making a strong appearance in Most Disappointing, too. While they've talked repeatedly about what that game's doing well, they've dinged games with solid cores in that category before- Destiny leaps immediately to mind.

I can hear Jeff saying, "Man, this was the numbered sequel, not some spinoff! Street Fighter V! If you're Capcom and Sony, how do you let it fuck up like this?"

I'm excited for EVO just so I have a reason to like SFV's existence beyond the music.

ok I'm aware there's SFV tournaments on Twitch like every weekend but still

Curufinwe

The fervency of their nostalgia driven affection for Geometry Wars always astounds me, but then I remember how little there was to play in the first year of the 360.

Finally got around to beating Transistor today.

Man that story is a mess. Bastion did such a better job of making me care about the world. Transistor tries so hard to be mysterious that I still don't really understand what was going on. I guess you're supposed to keep looping the game to keep leveling up but I just don't care enough once I found the killer combo that can do thousands of points of damage.

SomberOwl

I would agree with you except that I'm sure that Oblivion would be further streamlined and thus lose a little bit of its magic in how you craft your character.

I still miss being able to assign stat points where you want instead of them being auto-assigned or even hidden from the player altogether.

Yeah totally. If they just did a graphics overhaul and maybe a few gameplay improvements that would be all right in my book. But it looks like were getting a Skyrim Remaster so that's a bummer for me.

Are you also part of the seemingly small group that liked Oblivion more than Skyrim? I feel like there isn't many of us.

Man that story is a mess. Bastion did such a better job of making me care about the world. Transistor tries so hard to be mysterious that I still don't really understand what was going on. I guess you're supposed to keep looping the game to keep leveling up but I just don't care enough once I found the killer combo that can do thousands of points of damage.

I was confused by the story too. And though you shouldn't have to do this for a game, I got a little more satisfaction after reading some explanations/interpretations that can be found on reddit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
SFV should win Hottest Mess of 2016

uZXYt7zNMN9_beautyshot_signaPS4_825_KR.jpg

Gwent sucks

Are you two in a competition to see who's the most wrong?

SomberOwl

So yeah I've heard literally no one talk about South Park The Fractured But Whole since it was announced last year. I imagine we'll get a release date next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom