• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, like every POTG. 'McCree/Bastion/Hanzo/Widowmaker/Sentry scrub' or snipers on offense saying they were why the team won.

POTG is like a salt mine factory. It's a terrible implementation ,and I don't know what blizzard was thinking adding it if they want to encourage teamwork.

It's terribly implemented since it just counts kills or revives if you're mercy, but its fun to laugh at to see how bad Blizzard's tracking is.

jambo

Why is australia even grouped in the americas anyway?

It's like we get roped into both eurovision and the asia cup.

I think it's due to most of the international undersea cabling out of Sydney being between US and Australia. And better internet routing.

JonCha

Oh man, like every POTG. 'McCree/Bastion/Hanzo/Widowmaker/Sentry scrub' or snipers on offense saying they were why the team won.

POTG is like a salt mine factory. It's a terrible implementation ,and I don't know what blizzard was thinking adding it if they want to encourage teamwork.

Granted I've only had the game for a couple of days so the feature is still new for me, but I don't care about it at all. I actually think the post-game screen is more interesting, seeing things like who took a large percentage of team damage or who healed a lot.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If anyone buys that the Watch Dog stuff came out 'unintentionally' in a game about hacking

ya'll are what the wrestling biz calls 'worked'

jgminto

Is it just me that has their gag reflex triggered by the concept of San Fran punk hackers breakin' the system and rulin the tech capital? The pure obnoxiousness of the concept makes me want to barf, I have no idea how they can do an enjoyable story with that.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Well, Ubisoft will have him killed now but enjoy your fame Fob.

Is it just me that has their gag reflex triggered by the concept of San Fran punk hackers breakin' the system and rulin the tech capital? The pure obnoxiousness of the concept makes me want to barf, I have no idea how they can do an enjoyable story with that.

Well, it's Ubisoft so it won't have an enjoyable story anyway

Granted I've only had the game for a couple of days so the feature is still new for me, but I don't care about it at all. I actually think the post-game screen is more interesting, seeing things like who took a large percentage of team damage or who healed a lot.

All of that stuff tends to get very systematic too. Was there Pharah most of the match? Was she okay at her job? Most damage. Is there a Lucio? Most Healing. Was the Reinhardt? Did he actually tank? Most Damage blocked.

The stuff to commend players gets incredibly samey at some point as does the PotG. If they could sort out to reward very clear cooperation like a Zarya ult into Mei Ult or something similar its going to be like that forever. In regards to PotG in particular they should maybe score Ult multi-kills lower than traditional multi-kills. Someone who gets a triple kills running around alone as Tracer should get some respect, but they usually don't since Hanzo got a 5 person ult on the Payload.

I thought the Watch Dogs 2 teaser thing looked pretty cool. Certainly better than most of the reaction to it implied.

I mean you can't really do a successful mainstream hack story in a video game without it being cartoonish. Might as well go for it.

All of that stuff tends to get very systematic too. Was there Pharah most of the match? Was she okay at her job? Most damage. Is there a Lucio? Most Healing. Was the Reinhardt? Did he actually tank? Most Damage blocked.

The stuff to commend players gets incredibly samey at some point as does the PotG. If they could sort out to reward very clear cooperation like a Zarya ult into Mei Ult or something similar its going to be like that forever. In regards to PotG in particular they should maybe score Ult multi-kills lower than traditional multi-kills. Someone who gets a triple kills running around alone as Tracer should get some respect, but they usually don't since Hanzo got a 5 person ult on the Payload.

Yeah it's pretty rare to not get listed at the end of the match as Mercy if the match was any good. Unless the other team has a good healer too, of course.

I usually get mentioned for direct rocket hits when playing as Pharah, all that Unreal Tournament I played as a teenager finally paying off.

Megasoum

Banned
If anyone buys that the Watch Dog stuff came out 'unintentionally' in a game about hacking

ya'll are what the wrestling biz calls 'worked'

As someone who has worked closely with videogame marketing teams in the past, I think you are giving Ubisoft WAY too much credit. They might try to spin it that way now that it has leaked everywhere tho.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, do many people nothing about lack of dual audio. I feel like I'm one of the few that would take a quality dub over sub, which the persona games tend to have. More options would be nicer but, eh.

Do... do I want to know?

because I have many years of studying left before I'm fluent enough to play without them? (well, to have full understanding anyway.) as a general rule I prefer things in their original language, but that preference shoots up 1000% if it's a language I know or am studying.

demidar

because I have many years of studying left before I'm fluent enough to play without them? (well, to have full understanding anyway.) as a general rule I prefer things in their original language, but that preference shoots up 1000% if it's a language I know or am studying.

I've been doing some study on the side.

It's tough. :(

Jintor

頑張ります

JLPT3 in three weeks... I'm not ready... listening and grammar are going to #rek me

I've been doing some study on the side.

It's tough. :(

It's going to take me forever at this rate but at least I manage to do some review/quizzing/whatever for 20 minutes a day or something at the bare minimum. I don't know how I haven't given up after like a year and a half or so? slowly making progress...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Ah cool, yeah I've been thinking of picking up Japanese for awhile, and now I'm wondering if I should use the Japanese p5 CE as motivation. :p

Jintor

It's going to take me forever at this rate but at least I manage to do some review/quizzing/whatever for 20 minutes a day or something at the bare minimum. I don't know how I haven't given up after like a year and a half or so? slowly making progress...

i find inspiration in the fact that probably a year ago, i would get exhausted reading 1 easy NHK article, and now I can read a fair amount of material without a break... if slowly

my conversation still totally sucks ass though. had a 1 hour meeting today with my supervisor who doesn't speak english, thank god one of my co-workers has decent listening japanese because we were talking some complicated shit and I was only getting the gist of things

Jintor

and japanese people have the nerve to look at you funny if you choose the wrong one

of course english is a completely fucking stupid kettle of pronounciation fish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom