• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gjerven

Was about to ask how long support usually takes from GB, then I saw Rories tweets. 258 cases in the inbox :) Hope most is the same issue, so that it's easy to fix.

Myggen

Was about to ask how long support usually takes from GB, then I saw Rories tweets. 258 cases in the inbox :)

Rorie is usually extremely quick responding to support requests, on the day of the request most of the time. It might take a little bit extra time now since there`s a sale and I`m guessing most of those requests are about payment options and people who renewed their subs days before the sale began. With how fast Rorie is with this stuff I would still expect a fast answer.

TraBuch

Banned
I'd rather see a kpop group not be terrible at acting in terrible kdramas because the terrible kentertainment industry is terribly fucked.

oti

Banned
How would people on this thread and Brad cope if another guy on the staff got into pro wrestling

Let me be serious here for a second, if this wrestling thing goes too far I wouldn't resub come September when my current subscription runs out. They can do what they want and I'm not calling for them to stop their wrestling podcast, but there IS a wrestling podcast for this kind of stuff. That's something with literally zero value to me, which again, that's totally fine. I just hope they contain their passion for wrestling inside that podcast. If let's say they would do a weekly stream of wrestling games that would be teeeerible.

And I'm not saying they should ban all wrestling talk. I can endure that stuff during their podcast but again, zero value for me. Brad is channelling me so we get through those segments together lol.

Or set a schedule. These guys produce tons of content every week, I'd be OK if Wednesday was wrestling day aka garbage day if I knew that Thursday is not-garbage day and so on.

As you can tell I'm pretty salty about today's East stream. My interest level is negative 50000. Or if we'd use the Greek Alphabet to measure my interest, Alpha being super interested and Omega being not interested at all, it would be Omega. Which is the final letter of the Greek Alphabet, in case you didn't know. Another fun fact: Alphabet is a Greek word which literally means Alpha and Beta, the first two letters of the Greek Alphabet. You know what the last one is? Omega.

Now you know.

&#937; <- That's an Omega.

Let me be serious here for a second, if this wrestling thing goes too far I wouldn't resub come September when my current subscription runs out. They can do what they want and I'm not calling for them to stop their wrestling podcast, but there IS a wrestling podcast for this kind of stuff. That's something with literally zero value to me, which again, that's totally fine. I just hope they contain their passion for wrestling inside that podcast. If let's say they would do a weekly stream of wrestling games that would be teeeerible.

And I'm not saying they should ban all wrestling talk. I can endure that stuff during their podcast but again, zero value for me. Brad is channelling me so we get through those segments together lol.

Or set a schedule. These guys produce tons of content every week, I'd be OK if Wednesday was wrestling day aka garbage day if I knew that Thursday is not-garbage day and so on.

As you can tell I'm pretty salty about today's East stream. My interest level is negative 50000. Or if we'd use the Greek Alphabet to measure my interest, Alpha being super interested and Omega being not interested at all, it would be Omega. Which is the final letter of the Greek Alphabet, in case you didn't know. Another fun fact: Alphabet is a Greek word which literally means Alpha and Beta, the first two letters of the Greek Alphabet. You know what the last one is? Omega.

Now you know.

Oh, the God of War symbol

i more or less agree with you

TraBuch

Banned

Now you know.

Get over it. I fucking hate games and anime and California and New York and podcasts and food and Cobra and Commando and the Fast and the Furious franchise especially Tokyo Drift and Rocky and let's plays and F1 and European sports and Eurovision and Europe and being unprofessional and you don't hear me complaining.

oti

Banned
Get over it. I fucking hate games and anime and California and New York and podcasts and food and Cobra and Commando and the Fast and the Furious franchise especially Tokyo Drift and Rocky and let's plays and F1 and European sports and Eurovision and Europe and being unprofessional and you don't hear me complaining.

I love you.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The lasting impression I get about wrestling from giantbomb is that it's basically a toku show but worst.

And considering how weird toku fans can get I can see why wrestling fans get super weird.

this Dangerous Golf UFEX is kind of a textbook example of why the EX format is a bummer. watching a dev do near-perfect playthroughs of levels while steering all conversations into a sales pitch. the latter I understand, but the former? why?

I watched Pitch Perfect 2 earlier and it left me irrationally angry.

yeah, fuck that movie. the first one had some charm and genuinely solid comedy.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also I feel like I prefer the weird external politics of wrestling compared to actual wrestling. I watched the zyan V nakamura and while it's OK it's not really entertainment I feel like I need to watch, and if that had people orgasming over how it is the GOAT the rest of wrestling must be a pretty big bummer.

TraBuch

Banned
Also I feel like I prefer the weird external politics of wrestling compared to actual wrestling. I watched the zyan V nakamura and while it's OK it's not really entertainment I feel like I need to watch, and if that had people orgasming over how good it is the rest of wrestling must be a pretty big bummer.

BareFaithfulClam.gif

Is this a bummer?

I still haven't watched the Dangerous Golf quick look because it sounds very bad.

on top of what I said, I don't really see anything appealing about the game. on paper, it sounds like a blast. watching this guy play? boring as fuuuuuuck. maybe it's more fun when it's not just someone rotely acing every single stage, but I kind of doubt it?

on top of what I said, I don't really see anything appealing about the game. on paper, it sounds like a blast. watching this guy play? boring as fuuuuuuck. maybe it's more fun when it's not just someone rotely acing every single stage, but I kind of doubt it?

It was also pretty weird that he sounded like he was doing a job interview with the whole core principles thing.

The kids who liked wrestling back in my middle school were the same kids who were really into yugioh.

Fucking weirdos.

Edit: Also re-dangerous golf ql. Was the frame rate just tanking or was that my video stuttering?

It was also pretty weird that he sounded like he was doing a job interview with the whole core principles thing.

and then to go on and on about how much thought and effort they put into the physics and how system intensive it is... to knock over a stack of cups. so, you build this nutty physics engine so you can make a statue fall down.

I don't get it.

Edit: Also re-dangerous golf ql. Was the frame rate just tanking or was that my video stuttering?

definitely the frame rate. he said they were trying to see how far they could push a twin Titan pc at one point, which, again, why?

Tubobutts

The people who liked yugioh were the same weirdos who liked Digimon. Them also liking wrestling and being terrible in general makes sense.

I liked yu-gi-oh in middle school. But don't associate me with those wrestling freaks.

Maybe it was just this particular crowd at my school...

Nah, I'm just gonna keep on generalizing.

definitely the frame rate. he said they were trying to see how far they could push a twin Titan pc at one point, which, again, why?

but they were showing off the ps4 version...

I mean, I know they have time still for optimization, but if the main gimmick of your game is look at how cool our physics are, then I kinda need to see that it's not running like shit.

Jamie OD

Now you know.

Kenny-Omega1.jpg

This is also an Omega.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom