• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

I hope your pain will be able to heal in another five years from now.

Cringe/cringeworthy is that word for me. It's to the point where I just immediately stop reading it when it's used by someone lately... unless you're talking about nails on a chalkboard.

so do we excessively pine for HitDan: Silent Bradsassin or HitDan: Brad Money

Blood Money has aged reasonably well and the missions are quick enough that even if you cause mayhem, they'd all fit within one video in length. Silent Assassin was great at the time but it has some fucked up, broken missions that are beyond irritating.

Meneses

Am I the only one that thinks this thread is ostensibly painful and cringeworthy in its ludonarrative dissonance and it shot itself in the foot and localization is censorship.

That virus room is so good with the dudes coming in yelling "YOU'RE UNDER ARREST" then they twitch for a while and then they say "Better get out of here it's for your own system"

Am I the only one that thinks this thread is ostensibly painful and cringeworthy in its ludonarrative dissonance and it shot itself in the foot and localization is censorship.

Heh, I always liked the achievement in Gunpoint that you get if you pick a dialogue option at the end that acknowledges all of the people you killed:

Acknowledged Ludonarrative Dissonance
Notice the story doesn't necessarily gel with the mechanics. Become qualified games journalist.

Peru

For Giant Bomb content Nintendo's strategy is good. E3 is packed with content. Now we get the separate Nintendo event for them to talk over a couple of months later.

Hitman is the best gaming surprise of the year. You almost think this kind of game isn't made any more and them suddenly this masterpiece comes along.

justjim89

I don't think Brad and Dan even know rat poison doesn't immediately kill the target, but rather sends them to go throw up. I don't think they've ever used rat poison and waited for the full effect. Man, these two are great together.

justjim89

I'm an hour in, do they ever pull off luring her to the bedroom as the golf instructor, or do they never ever find that damn phone?

I'm not that far in, but I'm gonna guess the second one. Shame, too, cause that's a great kill.

Also, the moment they read the text "Missing Explosive Golf Ball" is maybe one of my favorite GB moments of the year so far.

Edit: Fuck, I just got there. You can see his phone fall off the cliff.

Edit: Fuck, I just got there. You can see his phone fall off the cliff.

That was such a bummer! I hope they patch in something that makes the phone just drop with his disguise because that's clearly where you're supposed to kill him, but with a bit of bad luck that entire opportunity is gone.

ArjanN

Rewatching the video I'm pretty sure that the golf coach's cell phone did in fact fall off the cliff (which is kind of lame, they should just have it drop with his disguise).

The phone drops on the floor where you knock the guy out, so I'm guessing they just didn't see it.

MG310

Blood Money has aged reasonably well and the missions are quick enough that even if you cause mayhem, they'd all fit within one video in length. Silent Assassin was great at the time but it has some fucked up, broken missions that are beyond irritating.

Exactly this...I love a lot of the missions in 2 but a video series of that will just be a lot of frustrating restarts rather than the successful shit shows that you can pull off in Blood Money/Hitman

The weapon throwing in HItman 2016 is so damn satisfying. Especially when you chuck a weapon at one guy and then shoot the guy next to him while he is reacting in the span of a few seconds.

daydream

Banned
heads-up: if we're continuing the p4 er rewatch this weekend, it will be on saturday again. will post another notice on the day of, though

Tubobutts

Dan is secretly a theatrical history buff

In another hitman thing, there was a play, and I think Dan was like 'Oh I know that'.
I need to get my Dan lore straight because I thought he said theater stuff isn't for normal cool guys. Or maybe the was just musicals? But wrestling is basically theater stuff.

Oh my god Brad's rampage is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom