• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

From the review:

This doesn't really make sense. PS4 is the most powerful console so it's the best looking game on any console by default. Therefore the first statement is still correct and by that claim is still a disservice?

Best looking doesn't necessarily mean just technical proficiency - it's art style, animation etc. Those things don't require the most powerful console (but it helps).

Curufinwe

So wanna take bets on how far Jeff gets in uncharted 4 before giving up on it?

Personally... I think he might actually finish it this time.

Depends if there are blue guy enemies who he can blame for ruining the game, even though they are a piece of piss to deal with on Normal. Hell, my wife managed to get past them on Hard without much trouble, and Uncharted is the only third person shooter she's played in the past decade.

justjim89

Overwatch feels really great. Man. A big step forward from TF2, for sure, and I say that with about 250 hours in TF2. Only problem is performance really takes a shit on my laptop when things get hairy. Ugh, I only got this thing last year and I feel like I already need to be saving up for a proper PC within the next year.

Surprised Uncharted got such a high score from Dan. Then again, I've never really seen the appeal of those games, so it's probably on me.

Patryn

From the review:

This doesn't really make sense. PS4 is the most powerful console so it's the best looking game on any console by default. Therefore the first statement is still correct and by that claim is still a disservice?

It makes perfect sense.

Just because the PS4 is more powerful doesn't mean it's the best looking by default. The N64 was more powerful than the original Playstation, but there were definitely a lot of games on the Playstation that looked a lot better than the best N64 game.

Overwatch feels really great. Man. A big step forward from TF2, for sure, and I say that with about 250 hours in TF2. Only problem is performance really takes a shit on my laptop when things get hairy. Ugh, I only got this thing last year and I feel like I already need to be saving up for a proper PC within the next year.

Surprised Uncharted got such a high score from Dan. Then again, I've never really seen the appeal of those games, so it's probably on me.

Agreed, Overwatch is awesome! Having a great time playing it, can't wait for it to launch. Also same here on Uncharted haha.

Spoilerzzz.

tumblr_inline_nmylrbJmVr1qjv6xw_500.gif

Alright I wish I could tell what I was doing wrong in Dustforce because I can't feel the flow in this game. It feels clunky, my character doesn't move how I want/expect them to, they go from semi-floaty to a stone in a heartbeat...

Xater

Yup, Overwatch it the best. I have been playing way too much of this beta on PS4. I will definitely get it.

Salarians

My time with Overwatch has been... man. Going from Overwatch being some thing in the distance I never really payed attention to, just something I'd try whenever it came to consoles, to now putting 12 hours in the beta and seeing that this is easily a GOTY contender for me and probably something I'll be playing for years was so nice. What a great fucking game. TF3 is real and it's my friend.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Overwatch seems really great and my type of MP game. No time, alas.

It's filled with loot crates. Does this mean no paid DLC?

Zaph

I've played it for all of 5 minutes, but the loot crates seem like cosmetic stuff - sound effects, sprays etc.

justjim89

You have to respect Brad and Dan's commitment to never reloading unless they die. Just make the best of the mess you made. Most stealth games are actually more fun that way, anyhow.

Xater

How does it play on console? I can't imagine pulling some of the stuff off with Pharah/McCree on a controller

I am surprised how well it plays on PS4. McCree is actually one of my best characters. Pharah is also totally fine. They were smart enough to let you hover with L2. So staying in the air and shooting down rockets is not an issue. If you somehow still don't like that they let you customize the controls completely, even on a per character basis. More games need to learn from this.

Yes, all future content like maps, modes and characters will be free.

Salarians

How does it play on console? I can't imagine pulling some of the stuff off with Pharah/McCree on a controller
I haven't played on PC but I haven't really had any issues. Thankfully you can remap controls on a per character basis (apparently you can even link things to pressing two buttons simultaneously, good for an ult) so I've put jump on the bumper for some characters (Lucio for example). Phara's launch is on L1 and her float is L2 so I haven't even had to change her up.

The default sensitivity is super low though. I'm at 80/50 I think.

justjim89

God, their ignorance of Hitman mechanics is triggering me, but it's hilarious at the same time.

Fuck, they don't know
the virus takes a long time to die and think they have to go back in.

TraBuch

Banned
You know, now that I'm downloading Persona 3, I'm kinda tempted to start downloading Digital Devil Saga and Devil Summoner 2. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom