• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

I've never even played Hitman but even I understood what the white dots on the minimap and above the npc heads meant before Bran.

pizzacat

Banned
tumblr_o6q9k3FrDh1qe4qeqo1_500.jpg
I forgot who they said is the living embodiment of heihachi but they were wrong

It's jeff

So. Much. Content.

Also, glad people are seeing the glory of Hitman.

Edit: I pulled off the suit only, silent assassin objective in the Paris mission yesterday. Shit was stressful.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Bran might not understand game design, but at least they have consistent bowel movements.

Read one wrong letter and I suddenly became terrified that I slept through Friday and the weekend was here. Reading new posts in order is important to get contextual jokes sometimes.

StoveOven

Banned
Barely. I can't think of them having much praise for the original games, other than Dan.

Jeff has said that he thought the old games were cool at the time while he has talked nothing but shit about FF7 and Shenmue. I also think there would just be a general curiosity about what a Crash reboot would be.

yami4ct

I actually think they would be more interested in a new Crash than FF7/Shenmue 3

I'm excited for FF7:R because I pretty much hate the original, but I see a ton of room to make an amazing game(s) out of it. In terms of Shenmue/Crash, I honestly don't see how you make either of those games in modern times and have them be something I want to play. Making a good Shenmue basically means making Yakuza, and not only does that exist already it also stops being Shenmue at some point in that transition. For Crash, I just don't want that style of game in 2016.

yami4ct

Open-world RPG with Crash Bandicoot characters.

So you're saying Starfox Adventures, but for Crash?

I actually played SFA back in the day and didn't hate it. Only problem is there was an awful button mash mini game I couldn't beat and had to quit. I'm certain I was just an idiot kid and that game was awful, but I don't have the reflexive hate most do.

Jak and daxter 1 was basically how a true 3d Crash game should have been. I think there is plenty of room for a good platformer these days.

That said actually making a new Crash game will be a rough time.

People will moan if it's too far from the ps1 gameplay.
People will moan if it's too close to the old ps1 gameplay
People will moan if Crash gets a fresh design
People will moan if Naughty Dog isn't making it even though nearly no one from crash team is still around, and basically zero of the leads from that era.

But making a new CTR would be piss easy. Just get the Sonic All Stars people on that sucker

Lunar FC

Are there any instances of the duder actually being mad at eachother on video? Other then the vinny thing which was nothing.

yami4ct

Jak and daxter 1 was basically how a true 3d Crash game should have been. I think there is plenty of room for a good platformer these days.

People will mean if it's too close to the old ps1 gameplay
People will moan if Naughty Dog isn't making it even though nearly no one from crash team is still around, and basically zero of the leads from that era.

But making a new CTR would be piss easy. Just get the Sonic All Stars people on that sucker

I still think it's impossible to make a good Crash for the modern era, but a new CTR is a spectacular idea.

People complain about the people that complain about Brad in Quick Looks, but I'm pretty sure Jeff feels the same way.

Why would I complain about top shelf entertainment?

People will moan if it's too close to the old ps1 gameplay

Ah yes, the Final Fantasy 7 Remake problem. Butthurt for miles 'n miles in every direction.

yami4ct

A straight up high-res remake of Crash 1 probably wouldn't be great either. R&C 2016 is cool because those games are still relatively modern and hold up. Crash, not so much.

TraBuch

Banned
Remake Final Fantasy IX. Leave it exactly the same except with HD graphics and a sped up battle system. And voice acting if you want.

Still the best FF game and Square's second or third best game.

yami4ct

Remake Final Fantasy IX. Leave it exactly the same except with HD graphics and a sped up battle system. And voice acting if you want.

Give me an FFIV remake in one of SE's current smaller engines (either the Project Setsuna or Bravely Default engine). That'd be absolutely killer.

Crash probably has it worse as those games were actually good for their time. FF7 has nowhere to go but up.

Good front runner for wrongest post of the year! I played the hell out of the first Crash at the time, as I did with Jurassic Park and Toy Story and so many other garbage games, but at no point in time is Crash ever actually good.

FFIX is ridiculously fun. It's a love letter to Final Fantasy, and it just excels at being fun.

yami4ct

Good front runner for wrongest post of the year! I played the hell out of the first Crash at the time, as I did with Jurassic Park and Toy Story and so many other garbage games, but at no point in time is Crash ever actually good.

Even if the crash games weren't the best thing ever, they were at least better playing than FF7. That game is a broken terrible RPG on nearly every level. That's before you get into the numerous issues with its writing.

Zekes!

I never understood the love for Crash. And Spryo. As a kid I was just like "fuck this I have Super Mario 64", and when I played them when I was older they were like "okay". I do remember looking at demo stations of Sonic Adventure and thinking that shit looked amazing....*shakes head, puts hands in pocket and walks away*

TraBuch

Banned
And was there a DS action RPG where when you died, you could like choose to automatically gain five levels and retry or am I imagining things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom