• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

Was going to install the Overwatch beta just to mess around with it a little, but apparently I never reinstalled the Battle.net client on my new PC and the Blizzard installer is completely borked.

Nice job Blizzard!

Estimate I played three+ hours of Overwatch today. What was the game Jeff spoke about not wanting to play for fear of getting too absorbed in it and forgoing other responsibilities? Stardew Valley? Got that going on here. Not happy with how much fun I'm having with it.

jaina

And was there a DS action RPG where when you died, you could like choose to automatically gain five levels and retry or am I imagining things?
was that The World Ends With You?

I think you're not imagining things
I don't remember automatically gaining 5 levels.

But The World Ends With You has a system where you can reduce your current max level (e.g. 10 -> 5) for much higher battle rewards (don't know whether exp, pins or more).
So you are encouraged to play the game as underleveled as possible.
Before retrying a tough battle you could just set your level higher, so maybe that's what you're remembering?
58630-190277-leveldropratesmjpg-noscale.jpg

Zekes!

Estimate I played three+ hours of Overwatch today. What was the game Jeff spoke about not wanting to play for fear of getting too absorbed in it and forgoing other responsibilities? Stardew Valley? Got that going on here. Not happy with how much fun I'm having with it.

Yeah Overwatch seems dope. I spent 4-5 hours today after work. Completely absorbed

yami4ct

Good amount of GB content, got to see Civil War, made good progress in Fire Emblem Conquest, Persona News and now Pokemon Sun and Moon info incoming.

It's been a good week for me.

Jintor

Saw a friend from Australia, a friend from Kagoshima, went to a live concert, bought a bunch of merch, going home to sleep now.

Persona 5 trailer on something bigger than my phone and HitDan await!

TraBuch

Banned
I watched It Follows and a couple episodes of the classic Bruce Campbell show Jack of All Trades then listened to some Perturbator.

Pretty sure I have you all beat.

Lunar FC

Pfft, I just watched a SpaceX launch and first stage seperation landing on a droneship coming in hot af. And I was driving during all of this.

pizzacat

Banned
Was going to install the Overwatch beta just to mess around with it a little, but apparently I never reinstalled the Battle.net client on my new PC and the Blizzard installer is completely borked.

Nice job Blizzard!
yeah I downloaded the open one to see if it can run on my laptop (it couldn't) and it took 7 more hours than the ps4 and xbone versions I have of early access

Battlenet was a mistake

oh man, it's so good. Knocked it out of the park. Finally since I've never been interested in their games

yami4ct

yeah I downloaded the open one to see if it can run on my laptop (it couldn't) and it took 7 more hours than the ps4 and xbone versions I have of early access

Battlenet was a mistake

oh man, it's so good. Knocked it out of the park. Finally since I've never been interested in their games

The client literally wouldn't install on my PC. Threw up an 'App not compatible' error. Someone mentioned downloading it on IE fixed it for them and that ended up working for me. Non-IE browsers must be getting sent a bad installer from some reason.

fleck0

oh man the new HitDan is so good I may not bother playing the new levels until they all come out and just watch this series instead.

pizzacat

Banned
And the beta on PC was smaller than the consoles one, it's whatever, battlenet could be limewire and people would still use it because of blizzard

Also there is a prompt on the xbone version saying its a prerelease game and is subject to change but that doesn't show up on ps4 for me

Overwatch is...fine? Slowly coming to the realization that it's not as good as TF2 and the game itself is just ok. Genuinely disappointed. Kind of heartbroken too since I wanted a TF 2 successor.

fleck0

Overwatch is...fine? Slowly coming to the realization that it's not as good as TF2 and the game itself is just ok. Genuinely disappointed. Kind of heartbroken too since I wanted a TF 2 successor.

I would totally get into a free to play overwatch with cosmetic stuff, but I think I'd get burnt out too quick to spend $40, Really enjoy it though, the rocket lady is my favorite.

yami4ct

Watching the Persona 5 subtitled trailer, it's kinda crazy how little we know about that game given how long it's been revealed for. We have the most basic of plot details, the names of 6 of the 8 named protagonists and significant details of maybe 3-4 of them. The game isn't that far off either. It's kinda great.

it's fitting that Gearbox started bleeping the curse words in all their games because you don't want to upset the parents of the children that would find their brand of humor funny

Jintor

oh man the new HitDan is so good I may not bother playing the new levels until they all come out and just watch this series instead.

Imho it's way more fun to play the level before you see them play it and then yell at the screen like a lunatic because they're doing it wrong

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
All the UI and menu design in Battleborn is just god awful. This was made by professionals?

Like honestly, ui and graphic design of most games would be laughed out by ux and graphic designers of other mediums. It's been getting better, but ux and graphic design in games is still a battle between functionality, style and ease of use.

Like for example, to me persona 5 can almost seem far too much style over substance, but it's hard to judge without having used it, and while it emphasizes style a lot it seems to facilitates menu flow and functionality into its design pretty well.

Watching the Persona 5 subtitled trailer, it's kinda crazy how little we know about that game given how long it's been revealed for. We have the most basic of plot details, the names of 6 of the 8 named protagonists and significant details of maybe 3-4 of them. The game isn't that far off either. It's kinda great.
Yeah it's great. Hopefully they don't undo that in these last few months but given how vague they've been so far I doubt that will happen.

yami4ct

i'm really curious to see how that battle menu flow with 'dedicated' yet contextual buttons is gonna work out

I'm almost certain I've played with something similar before, but I honestly don't remember. Someone mentioned the Atelier games being in that style? Just on the face of it, it looks like it'll take some getting used to. That being said, once you get a look at where all the options are, it should be much faster than buttoning through traditional menus.

Yeah it's great. Hopefully they don't undo that in these last few months but given how vague they've been so far I doubt that will happen.

Given how Atlus marketed P3 and P4 after their major reveals, IE they basically didn't, I don't expect we'll see much more now. At this point, I think we'll get a couple TV trailers with recycled PV content and a tiny bit of new stuff and that's it.

Maybe, and a big maybe, we'll get 1 final PV at E3, but I think we'll just get an english version of PV4.

yami4ct

is persona 5 a lock for best styyyyllllleeeeeeeee already?!?!?!?

The only game I've ever seen with close to as much style as P5 is Guilty Gear Xrd, and that's mostly just because of how goddamn amazing it was from a tech perspective. If the GB crew has any sense, no other game stands a chance.

They've got 1 more character left so I could see a trailer for E3 that actually shows him. I imagine we'll probably get something new from E3 given that it was promoted to the Japanese audience.

yami4ct

They've got 1 more character left so I could see a trailer for E3 that actually shows him. I imagine we'll probably get something new from E3 given that it was promoted to the Japanese audience.

I could see that. I think we'll get 1 large PV at the very most.

It also might be hard to reveal that last cast member without spoiling some big stuff if the speculation is near correct. The idea that he's some sort of adult/junior detective would be a pretty big story beat.

Tubobutts

I could see that. I think we'll get 1 large PV at the very most.

It also might be hard to reveal that last cast member without spoiling some big stuff if the speculation is near correct. The idea that he's some sort of adult/junior detective would be a pretty big story beat.
You mean like some sort of young detective?

yami4ct

You mean like some sort of young detective?

He looks too old to be a Naoto type.

Speculation I've seen is he's a new detective that figures out the bad shit going on in his department and defects to the phantom thieves. His design definitely reads that way, but who knows?

oti

Banned
People complain about the people that complain about Brad in Quick Looks, but I'm pretty sure Jeff feels the same way.

- Brad, start a match.
- Yeah yeah let me first check if there are any treasure chests to obtain.
- Brad.
- Just one moment.
- Brad.
- Maybe in the audio settings?
- Brad.
- OK OK! I'll start a match. Jeez! Let's first look at those fonts juuust for a second though.
- Brad.
- I think it's Arial.
- Brad. I want you to leave Giant Bomb and never come back.

yami4ct

He'd be 2 years older at most. How would that break him out of the naoto type?

Naoto was younger than the main cast right? There's definitely a big difference between the young prodigy performing beyond her years and the new recruit fresh out of the academy.

Tubobutts

There's a difference between a kid detective and a young detective is all I'm saying.

Young detectives don't think highly of the "bitches"

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That's not naoto's hang up though. Her insecurities were more about being seen as young and inexperienced compated to the actual police force, not the investigation team, plus also being female in a male dominated work force.

Also if he's part of the crew wouldn't be still be in high school?

Jintor

- Brad, start a match.
- Yeah yeah let me first check if there are any treasure chests to obtain.
- Brad.
- Just one moment.
- Brad.
- Maybe in the audio settings?
- Brad.
- OK OK! I'll start a match. Jeez! Let's first look at those fonts juuust for a second though.
- Brad.
- I think it's Arial.
- Brad. I want you to leave Giant Bomb and never come back.

Are we writing another The Workplace script? We're about due for another one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom