• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

RrBEmQz.gif

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Man, the last couple of weeks have been a bit drab for QLs. I hope more interesting games are starting to come out again soon.

robotrock

Banned
The stream will be on PS4 [unpro] hardware and I'm very curious whether they'll get sick from long exposure to that performance level. Even if Sony's fps/resolution requirements exist.

They did eight hours on the Vive and Oculus stream, and both of those had their fair share of games that ran below the 90fps framerate. Sony is probably going to be way better about delivering consistent framerate.

jaina

They did eight hours on the Vive and Oculus stream, and both of those had their fair share of games that ran below the 90fps framerate. Sony is probably going to be way better about delivering consistent framerate.
you have a point, Sony should have better (or any) curation as an advantage.

relax, the best feature on the site is getting another episode in 2 and a half hours
LusAsUL.png

+12 hours
Kw6LMEd.png

The stream will be on PS4 [unpro] hardware and I'm very curious whether they'll get sick from long exposure to that performance level. Even if Sony's fps/resolution requirements exist.

Huh, thought they were the same day. Pro is the following month. That means there's another excuse to have a stream messing with it.

On standard PS4 I don't see them fudging the frame rate. Resolution and effects will be spruced up for the Pro model, it seems. I am interested to know how blurry it is on the standard model. Haven't followed it too closely but from their comments I inferred that shooter game isn't running at the native display resolution. Cerny could've meant the game is super-sampled on the pro. We'll see.

Strax

Little rant about my job search. Working in small industries (writing/filmmaking/other) I know most of the people who are applying for the same jobs as I am and I'm getting little pissed off getting rejected.

When I am the person who has most experience the company goes for the person with best/highest education.

When I am the person who has the best/highest education the company goes for the person with most experience.

Jeff, if you are reading this I'd like a job please.

oti

Banned
Project Diva X looks fun but then I remember that I spent 90 bucks on a Miku game this year already.
Don't judge me.

I'm judging you because you're supporting anime.

Man, the last couple of weeks have been a bit drab for QLs. I hope more interesting games are starting to come out again soon.

Video games season is about to begin, so close! They could have done a Color Splash QL since review codes are going out but Nintendo's video restriction are too dumb to do one.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Video games season is about to begin, so close! They could have done a Color Splash QL since review codes are going out but Nintendo's video restriction are too dumb to do one.

Still hoping for a Turin Test QL but the last couple were just....blah
Not that that's their fault, most of the games just weren't very fun to watch.

oti

Banned
Still hoping for a Turin Test QL but the last couple were just....blah
Not that that's their fault, most of the games just weren't very fun to watch.

Yeah, I'm wondering who'll cover the big games this year. I generally care more about West's opinion but East makes 1h+ QL that can be really fun. Maybe they could both do QL. I am pretty sure that a Vinny QL of Watch Dogs 2 would be way more funny than a Jeff QL for instance but I still want West to show the game.

Top Bottom