• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have less than a day to decide if I want to spend 30 bones on Hitman, or just watch Brad play it

What to do, what to do

I kept up with all of the Hitman videos throughout the year and bought it when it went on sale to see if playing the game was as fun as watching it. Turns out it's even more fun, and maxing out your mastery level in each episode is super addictive. I don't regret watching every episode beforehand. It was a nice way to get somewhat acquainted with the maps before jumping in (and, really, I just kind of left the videos on in the background while I worked and tuned back in whenever they started yelling).

Also, yeah, Brad makes the game seem much harder than it is, but that's probably because he's playing on-camera with months in between sessions with an impulsive "coach" at his side.

TraBuch

Banned
Is Xenoverse worth playing now that the sequel is out? Or is it one of those cases where the sequel just does everything better and there's really no point in playing the first one?

J_Viper

It's a great game, buy it.

Brad makes it look like the hardest game ever.

I kept up with all of the Hitman videos throughout the year and bought it when it went on sale to see if playing the game was as fun as watching it. Turns out it's even more fun, and maxing out your mastery level in each episode is super addictive. I don't regret watching every episode beforehand. It was a nice way to get somewhat acquainted with the maps before jumping in (and, really, I just kind of left the videos on in the background while I worked and tuned back in whenever they started yelling).

Also, yeah, Brad makes the game seem much harder than it is, but that's probably because he's playing on-camera with months in between sessions with an impulsive "coach" at his side.

Thank duders, just grabbed it

Is Xenoverse worth playing now that the sequel is out? Or is it one of those cases where the sequel just does everything better and there's really no point in playing the first one?

Xenoverse 2 replaces it in every way. But you can import the first Time Patroller into two which is really cool; that's really the only reason to play it over DBXV2.

I love when Jeff totally played Brad on Hitman and Brad just sat there shaking his head in agreement. Jeff said that after going through a level once, it would be best to turn the opportunity markers off and figure out the level for yourself. That is where the fun is. Brad just nodded his head in agreement, even though he went through the whole game with full opportunity markers on. Total hand holding mode.

Mr. F

Banned
I love when Jeff totally played Brad on Hitman and Brad just sat there shaking his head in agreement. Jeff said that after going through a level once, it would be best to turn the opportunity markers off and figure out the level for yourself. That is where the fun is. Brad just nodded his head in agreement, even though he went through the whole game with full opportunity markers on. Total hand holding mode.

That's the dynamic yo.

Brad: I don't think A is better than B

Jeff: it is

Brad: mmm I can see that

Zornack

GHOST OWL

Look at the bullshit seal's description

Its singing voice is its chief weapon in battle. This Pokémon's Trainer must prioritize the daily maintenance of its throat at all costs.

wow great pokemon you got there better massage it's damn throat give it some lozenges make sure it drinks some nice warm lemon water

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
GHOST OWL

Look at the bullshit seal's description

wow great pokemon you got there better massage it's damn throat give it some lozenges make sure it drinks some nice warm lemon water

Look better than a bitch-ass owl that panics when it's surprised.

Will seems to have a lot of free time lately

It's a benefit, I guess, of being your own boss. For instance, Danny O'Dwyer was on Kinda Funny's PS I Love You XOXO today in place of Colin (who traveled to the east coast for Thanksgiving). He said he wakes up early to answer e-mails and do some editing (when there's footage to be edited, and then is just free to just play and stream games. He seems to really be enjoying life right now.

Whatever happened to Paul Barnett? The last time I remember him being on the site is when he was promoting the free-to-play Dungeon Keeper. Did he have a falling out with Jeff?

Mr. F

Banned
Whoa, forgot about that guy. All Paul Barnett's appearances were pretty rough, the dungeon keeper one especially. Prior to that I just remember him telling a lot of long-winded and uninteresting stories on E3 streams

Salarians

every character in Paladins sucks

even "Bomb King", who should be great, seems shitty

Edit:
the aiming is horrendously slow by default
the shooting itself feels awful
the movement feels awful
the heavy motion blur when turning is awful

I don't like this

20OC5sg.png

The best of contents is coming.

He's brought it up before. Now pay your respects.

seriously, it may be the funniest thing associated with Giant Bomb

Man, I wish we had more X-press.

So good.

Has this been posted?

Fantastic, nothing but truth in that vid.

Awesome, going to listen now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom