• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaina

Drew emptied a clip into the GOTY10 chances of Stardew Valley on this Bombcast. He wasn't even sure if he should say it out loud. Sorry, Dan.

20OC5sg.png

The best of contents is coming.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I kept up with all of the Hitman videos throughout the year and bought it when it went on sale to see if playing the game was as fun as watching it. Turns out it's even more fun, and maxing out your mastery level in each episode is super addictive. I don't regret watching every episode beforehand. It was a nice way to get somewhat acquainted with the maps before jumping in (and, really, I just kind of left the videos on in the background while I worked and tuned back in whenever they started yelling).

Also, yeah, Brad makes the game seem much harder than it is, but that's probably because he's playing on-camera with months in between sessions with an impulsive "coach" at his side.

Agreed completely! I finally picked Hitman up this weekend. Hitman is a fantastic game. I knew it would be fun from watching the GB videos but man playing it is even better Hahaha. Still so much to do too, I've just gotten to level 19 mastery of Paris and only played sapienza once. Can't wait to put more time into it this weekend!

hamchan

Drew emptied a clip into the GOTY10 chances of Stardew Valley on this Bombcast. He wasn't even sure if he should say it out loud. Sorry, Dan.

Drew has the lowest power level in GOTY discussions.
In DBZ terms Drew would be the farmer from episode 1 who gets killed by Raditz.

Tagyhag

I love Drew, but he barely has any say in the GOTY talks when it comes to shooting games down.

That said, if Stardew is only championed by Dan it might be a problem because Jeff will just be influenced by Drew so he doesn't have to play it.

Tubobutts

I love Drew, but he barely has any say in the GOTY talks when it comes to shooting games down.

That said, if Stardew is only championed by Dan it might be a problem because Jeff will just be influenced by Drew so he doesn't have to play it.
Jeff will read about that girl who eats rocks on Wikipedia and get it off the list.

LiK

Watching Alex play MM1. Man, forgot the music is so inferior to MM2. cannot wait for MM2 ep cuz I can just enjoy the soundtrack while Alex struggles.

Strax

Drew has the lowest power level in GOTY discussions.
In DBZ terms Drew would be the farmer from episode 1 who gets killed by Raditz.

Drew can get any 5-10 game off the list and one game nobody has played in it.
So that is enough for him to kill Stardew Valley.

Too bad he doesn't like it. I was hoping for Stardrew Valley content.

hamchan

Drew can get any 5-10 game off the list and one game nobody has played in it.
So that is enough for him to kill Stardew Valley.

Too bad he doesn't like it. I was hoping for Stardrew Valley content.

Can he? The dude can barely play 10 games in a year, let alone tell someone like Dan who plays like a hundred that a game shouldn't be on the list.

Applebite

With how mumbly Rory and (to a lesser extent) Will were in their speech on the latest bombcast it makes me appreciate everyone else's skills as podcasters.

Jintor

i love will but hearing him just makes me miss the glory days of this is only a test when despite all individually being kinda okay podcasters him, norm and gary whitta were inexplicably brilliant as a team

ArjanN

Can he? The dude can barely play 10 games in a year, let alone tell someone like Dan who plays like a hundred that a game shouldn't be on the list.

To be fair several of the GB guys personal top 10 lists are basically here are the 10 games I beat this year.

Ketch

I'm pretty sure drew has infinity more say in GB GOTY then anybody in this thread so I'm not sure why anybody here thinks they get to decide who can get what on the list.

history shows that you're all wrong and they can do whatever they want in GOTY talks, just like they've always done.

Xiraiya

Am I the only one who finds Matt Rorie to be surprisingly weird in a lowkey way? I never really noticed until recently.

He seems to have this habit of joining in a conversation being like "Oh isn't that because of x" and more often than not Jeff or someone has to be like "No" because he's way off base.

That and his Emma stone tangent when they were discussing sleeping dogs was just... what, was he really disappointed over a pretty good game because of her specific usage? I just did a complete playthrough the other week and had a great time. I didn't even know she was in the game.

And then watching him go on such an out of place and odd tangent with such a straight face as if it's completely normal and everyone kind of going along with it because what the hell can you even do in that situation.

I feel like if Dan was there he would have started laughing and thought he was kidding.

V_Ben

Banned
I absolutely lost it at minute 1 of the podcast, when Rorie goes, out of nowhere, "but you've gained a daughter".

You even hear a muffled 'what?!' from Drew as he giggles.

Jintor

I absolutely lost it at minute 1 of the podcast, when Rorie goes, out of nowhere, "but you've gained a daughter".

You even hear a muffled 'what?!' from Drew as he giggles.

him describing his shitty free to play game was so peak rorie i was having trouble keeping it together

Jintor

That and his Emma stone tangent when they were discussing sleeping dogs was just... what, was he really disappointed over a pretty good game because of her specific usage? I just did a complete playthrough the other week and had a great time. I didn't even know she was in the game.

i'll be honest a lot of second act stuff, especially the girlfriends stuff, in sleepy dawgs is really obviously underbaked.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also talking about narrative dissonance in watch dogs 2.

It has nothing on sleeping dogs making wei shen a good cop while you drop people onto swordfish spikes, hang them onto meathooks, and pressed their face onto table saws.

And slamming car doors on random people's head. A lot of them. Or at least my wei shen did. >_> <_<

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Pretty sure the whole angle with Wei's story was that he was getting in too deep and was enjoying the gang mentality too much which is why his SO always got onto him.

Jintor

yeah but super violent wei shen fits right into a blood opera's conception of good and bad, but sounds like watchdawg's mentality is more like a feelgood summer posi-comedy which makes it more jarring, right?

i dunno i won't play watchdawgs for like another two or three months i bet if that

derFeef

Mafia III's combat is so badass though, the shooting feels really great and the takedowns are amazingly violent.
edit: lastpostpeasant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom