• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Neo Geo style stick will be essential imo to have a good Windjammers experience. I've got the MVS/Omega setup that the GB crew have and I can't imagine the game being as much fun without that style of input.

That said, super pumped that more people will get to play the game. It really is a fucking blast.

Meneses

Windjammers is total shite but this was worth it for the Lang burn.

I'm way into like half the stuff shown today.

All in on Last of Us.

robotrock

Banned
last of us "part ii" bums me out.

I didn't really want a direct sequel to that story. Uncharted 4's narrative doesn't really give me faith that they can make it seem not stupid.

Ellie had a sister the whole time

Maiorum

TLoU didn't need a sequel, but at this point ND have more than prove themselves and I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt.

....should I play the Last of Us when PSNow is "released" here?

How is PS Now?

Depends on your connection. On wi-fi, I get about a ~5mbs connection and a ~30mbs connection on wired. PS Now is flaky for me on wi-fi, but don't recall any super noticeable lag on wired. It requires a minimum of 5mbs to run.

Also depends on your proximity to a server building that houses the PS3s.

It bums me out that the only things that interested me in the slightest at that show was more Uncharted, more Last of Us, more Horizon, and more Supergiant.

Dany

Banned
Last of Us PART DEUX
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif

I mean there was something for everything there, old games, sports games, driving games, Japanese games, action adventure games, a big sequel, indie games and more footage of their big new IP.

Pretty hard about to be cynical about what they had considering they had a couple of big AAA things at E3 too.

The only thing not there that seemed like a sure thing was the PSN Name change stuff. I still think it's coming, though. It might be as simple as a PS Blog post announcement.

kiguel182

I've enjoyed every SuperGiant Games game but I'm always "maybe I won't like this one" when they show the mechanics.

I should take the plunge and buy this at release but, what if this is the one I won't like? Life is hard.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
The only thing not there that seemed like a sure thing was the PSN Name change stuff. I still think it's coming, though. It might be as simple as a PS Blog post announcement.

It would be kinda weird to announce something like that on a stage.
"We are proud to announce that after 11 years we finally figured out how to change your PSN name!"

It would be kinda weird to announce something like that on a stage.
"We are proud to announce that after 11 years we finally figured out how to change your PSN name!"

Yeah. When Kinda Funny was doing their predictions Colin said the same thing you are. Greg, on the other hand, thought that it would be a fun moment for the fans. Personally, I love my PSN name, so it doesn't really matter to me. I just wanted to see people go nuts in celebration.

kiguel182

So, I downloaded the Titanfall trial and after downloading is now "installing" and it took like 7 minutes to go up 2 percent.

Just use the PSN to do the complete install people, video games are frustrating at times.

So, I downloaded the Titanfall trial and after downloading is now "installing" and it took like 7 minutes to go up 2 percent.

Just use the PSN to do the complete install people, video games are frustrating at times.

Yup. Whenever there is application data, I just let it download it all. It's worth the wait.

The obvious source of inspiration.
220px-Hostelpart2finalposter.jpg

Nah. It's clearly inspired by Back to the Future Part II. TLOU Part II is clearly a time-travel game. ;p

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
On the PS 'what's new' page, I follow Mark Cerny and it says

'Mark Cerny played Knack for the first time.'
YOU GOD DAMN SNAKE OIL SALESMAN

TLoU didn't need a sequel, but at this point ND have more than prove themselves and I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt.

That's pretty much where I'm at. With the added caveat that this trailer kind of struck out for me. A little edgy, too much Walking Dead vibes.

On the PS 'what's new' page, I follow Mark Cerny and it says

'Mark Cerny played Knack for the first time.'
YOU GOD DAMN SNAKE OIL SALESMAN

Speaking of that, I always find it weird when you play a game and then delete it, whenever you reinstall that game it says you are playing it for the first time. Shouldn't it know that you previously played it?

kiguel182

Speaking of that, I always find it weird when you play a game and then delete it, whenever you reinstall that game it says you are playing it for the first time. Shouldn't it know that you previously played it?

That info is maybe stored on the console and gets deleted when you delete the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom