• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that Last of Us didn't need a sequel, let alone one with the same characters...but I'm excited to play it. The first game connected with me in a way Uncharted never did.

repeater

c9FzCwE.png
The ultimate mansplaining.
Langsplaining?

TraBuch

Banned
Is a TLoU sequel with Ellie and Joel necessary? No. Will it likely be a fantastic game? Yeah. Will I be crazy excited to play it when it comes out? Fuck yes.

Tagyhag

Is a TLoU sequel with Ellie and Joel necessary? No. Will it likely be a fantastic game? Yeah. Will I be crazy excited to play it when it comes out? Fuck yes.

Definitely.

And I really want to see what Ellie will do when she finds out what Joel did.

bb-episode-508-hank-toilet-560.jpg

I just hope Joel takes the backseat in TLOU2.

I totally see how a game with older Ellie could work though. Like.. maybe her infection has slowly spread over the years and effecting her in various ways. Maybe she has a bit of a death wish now and knows her days are numbered. If she doesnt die in the end maybe they do the MGS4 ending where she goes live the rest of her few days left in peace.

That is how I always thought a sequel would go.

I just hope Joel takes the backseat in TLOU2.

I totally see how a game with older Ellie could work though. Like.. maybe her infection has slowly spread over the years and effecting her in various ways. Maybe she has a bit of a death wish now and knows her days are numbered. If she doesnt die in the end maybe they do the MGS4 ending where she goes live the rest of her few days left in peace.

That is how I always thought a sequel would go.

I can see them doing a Godfather Part 2 thing where you primarily play as Ellie, but have flashbacks to Joel and his brother being peak assholes in the early days of the outbreak.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
You know you can play Windjammers on fightcade right now online with GGPO. It's really good! And the French community Jeff joked about does actually exist, too

Salarians

I really hope Cutter gets an appearance in the new Uncharted not-DLC. I know he's not the most interesting character but I liked him. He and Chloe made the first parts of Uncharted 3 the best parts.

daveo42

Banned
Kojima using the same engine for Death Stranding as Guerrilla games is using to create Horizon. Even it it'll never make sense without a 400 page dissertation, it'll looking fucking sweet.

How will they make Last of Us Part 3 then?
Can't change it up too much. That would be scary!

Ghost Joel sidekick with special powers to take over enemy bodies. Or something.

TraBuch

Banned
Last of Us Part II: Joel Totally Dies, Right?

Twist. Joel actually is dead, and Ellie was just imagining Joel and she's gonna kill all the people that were involved in Joel's death, probably the Fireflies as retaliation for what he did at the end of the first game. She was playing guitar because it reminds her of Joel.

Peru

I liked Sony's showing, Uncharted Chloe thing could be the most interesting adventure in the series yet, all for retro MLB, but just a reminder: there's no room left for anyone to complain about certain companies filling their lineups with remasters anymore, everyone is pushing those production lines to 11 with Sony leading the charge.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I think this was an amazing show for a middle of the road event. This had more games than many E3 conferences had in the past.

kiguel182

They showed some cool stuff and there were surprises. It was cool.

I mean, I don't care for most of it but it seemed like there was something for everyone.

Everyone being the people who watch this type of stuff.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd like to remind people with its rerelease that Parappa the Rapper is the video game where a dog has to pee and the sunflower thinks it's hot that he has to pee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom