• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly expected a much lower Metascore for The Last Guardian. Not because of the quality (well, partly), but because of the 10 year hype build up. I mean, look at No Man's Sky and how huge the hype was for that. Imagine if it took 10 years to for that to release.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Brad liked DR3 so he will probably like DR4

But it will be a stinker. Muosu with zombies is an insult. Musou's got more going on than the recent Dead Risings.

Brad liked DR3 so he will probably like DR4

But it will be a stinker. Muosu with zombies is an insult. Musou's got more going on than the recent Dead Risings.

Damn right.

The original Dead rising was great because it was fresh. None of the sequels have really evolved.

Musou games tho. They evolved. DW5 was leagues ahead of 4, DW6 screwed things up by taking away unique weapons, but DW7 fixed that. DW8 built upon 7 so well. And now we wait..

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think my favorite thing about Dead Rising 4 is the 'you're going back to the mall!'

'..it's abandoned and post apocalyptic and shit!' like ok cool you missed the entire point of the mall setting in dawn of the dead and in dead rising. like even zack snyder got that shit right. and hes the most prone to go for the destroyed urban landscape setting.

Dan totally isnt going to find someone to rent his apartment is he?

A week and a half until he moves and he is still looking.

Dude is never leaving SanFran.

Johndoey

Banned
Like I probably wouldn't picked up DR 4 anyway, but leaning on nostalgia while twisting the series into something else entirely feels like Capcom shitting in my cereal and calling it milk.

I'll be getting DR4 after I'm done with TLG. I enjoyed all of the DR games but I think my favorite is still the first one because it was such a unique thing back then. That and I got the game with Saints Row when I first bought my 360.

Johndoey

Banned
That reminds me Saints Row 2 is fucking fantastic and actually has some depth and humanity to the characters beyond wacky bullshit. The concept that SR3 is somehow better is almost infuriating.

It's like SR2 is a goddamn amazing steak that gets passed over in favor of a half eaten burger someone pulled out of a dumpster.

That reminds me Saints Row 2 is fucking fantastic and actually has some depth and humanity to the characters beyond wacky bullshit. The concept that SR3 is somehow better is almost infuriating.

It's like SR2 is a goddamn amazing steak that gets passed over in favor of a half eaten burger someone pulled out of a dumpster.

no but that one lady was totally sad when killbane killed her sister

I think my favorite thing about Dead Rising 4 is the 'you're going back to the mall!'

'..it's abandoned and post apocalyptic and shit!' like ok cool you missed the entire point of the mall setting in dawn of the dead and in dead rising. like even zack snyder got that shit right. and hes the most prone to go for the destroyed urban landscape setting.

That's one of the stranger changes of 3 and 4. As they try and make the game wacky and zany, they also make everything dark an dull. I get if their intention is to provide that clash of tones. But Dead Rising 1&2 already did it with all the ultra violence in flashy settings and the colorful visuals.

LiK

Did Danny tell people to buy and play it now? I thought he simply meant you should check it out if you're interested. Wait for a sale.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That's one of the stranger changes of 3 and 4. As they try and make the game wacky and zany, they also make everything dark an dull. I get if their intention is to provide that clash of tones. But Dead Rising 1&2 already did it with all the ultra violence in flashy settings and the colorful visuals.

Dead Rising 3 is a classic case of wanting to have their cake and eat it too. And even then, their wackiness is almost doubly wacky in 3 than anything in 1 or even 2. So it's out of place. There's a fine line between using juxtaposition and being zany and Dead Rising 3's contrast is more zany than juxtaposing.

popo

I don't see it

A lot of it is the facial hair but the shorts and the grin made me think the OP was on to something.

Did Danny tell people to buy and play it now? I thought he simply meant you should check it out if you're interested. Wait for a sale.

Okay, after going and reading his follow up tweets it seems Danny wasn't dismissing reviews so much as suggesting people go in spoiler free. That one tweet was taken out of context. Sorry Beef.

popo

Animal cruelty is never funny, even with vermin. Dan shouldn't really admit to stuff like that, makes me think a little less of him. Tho I am sorry to say it isn't that uncommon.

Did the other ppl on the podcast laugh along or did anyone call him on it?

Jeff will call The Last Guardian 'fucking garbage'

that's my prediction

I don't think he will go that far. I do think he will say the game isn't for him and go off on the visuals/performance problems though. I can easily see him saying it looks or plays like fucking garbage.

He is leaving that soon? What about them Mario Parties?

I didn't think he had clarified. I thought is was generally the end of the year. Maybe Funky has insider info though.

I wonder why he is having trouble finding tenants. I though you could rent any dump in the SF market, everyone decamped to Oakland?

Like I've dealt with rats and they suck, but that's kinda fucked up, spaying one with raid especially.
I mean kills the fuckers but at least try to make it painless.

The way he explained it, he thought the Raid would kill it instantly but it kept living for hours after repeated spraying. It finally died overnight.

Animal cruelty is never funny, even with vermin. Dan shouldn't really admit to stuff like that, makes me think a little less of him. Tho I am sorry to say it isn't that uncommon.

Did the other ppl on the podcast laugh along or did anyone call him on it?

He didn't do it to be cruel. It was couched in more of an 'I was such an idiot for thinking this would've worked' way.

Hmm .. the ads I get served on GAF tend to be what I was just posting about but now that I've been posting about dead rats I'm getting an ad for Smithfield sausage.

The way he explained it, he thought the Raid would kill it instantly but it kept living for hours after repeated spraying. It finally died overnight.

He didn't do it to be cruel. It was couched in more of an 'I was such an idiot for thinking this would've worked' way.

Plus, it was squished by the trap. And having spasms- either due to the trap or the Raid being sprayed on it (or both).

Dineren

Banned
The rat he sprayed with Raid is the same one he threw out the window. He meant to throw just the rat out, but dropped the whole thing when the rat twitched. He went down to recover the trap, but couldn't find the rat.

Hopefully it died when it hit the ground, that is horrific.

2904148-deadrising4.jpg

Quick Look: Dead Rising 4
'Tis the season to take selfies, smash zombies, and shoot fireworks from crossbows.

popo

I don't know how Vinny sold it at home but getting the East guys out for two weeks seems like a much better way of doing things than killing themselves trying to fit it all in to a week. Means they are not in total lock down and we get some small morsels to chew on as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom