• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titanfall 2 reminds me of Starhawk.

A more ambitious sequel to a cult online hit that had a iffy beta and doesnt quite nail the fundamentals that made the previous game so fun.

Both games really pushed the FREE MAPS thing as well. In Starhawks case I think they added 2 maps before support for the game was stopped and 80% of the team was let go.

Obviously Respawn wont be doing that but I am just comparing.

I miss Warhawk. Now that was a cool game.

Edit.

Googling. Dylan Jobe (The Warhawk guy) worked on COD4 Remastered and apparently DOOM. Good for him.

this quick look is going to make so many people so mad. there's already an insane person in the comments talking about how climate change is a government conspiracy

The best kind of QLs!

yFPN8qf.jpg

paoQe4C.gif

Was the whole previously killed zombies come back even stronger and faster thing in the PS1 version? Dont remember that.

Nope. It's only in the REmake, a long with a bunch of other things. There's a reason why it's the best remake to a video game ever made and it'll probably be that way for a very long time. (or when REmake 2 releases)

Giant Bombcast 454: Where the Mold Grows https://t.co/HgZOMplwQV

Time to listen!

rbNAtug.jpg

Simultaneously the worst moment of Jeff's life and the best moment of Jason's.

7N5lg9y.jpg

Titanfall 2 reminds me of Starhawk.

A more ambitious sequel to a cult online hit that had a iffy beta and doesnt quite nail the fundamentals that made the previous game so fun.

Both games really pushed the FREE MAPS thing as well. In Starhawks case I think they added 2 maps before support for the game was stopped and 80% of the team was let go.

Obviously Respawn wont be doing that but I am just comparing.

I miss Warhawk. Now that was a cool game.

Edit.

Googling. Dylan Jobe (The Warhawk guy) worked on COD4 Remastered and apparently DOOM. Good for him.

Warhawk was maybe one of the top five multiplayer games of the last generation.

Good lord, that Farming Simulator video was a real trip.

Is Dan doing anything for Extra Life? Can he be doing a side activity where someone walks him through how to make a loaf of bread or something?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I finished my playthrough of VTMB and immediately started another with a different clan.

How is this game so good? I remember how disappointing DA:I was when they did multiple races but unlike the unique options you got for doing it in DA:O, none of it mattered. We need RPGs to go back to a time where different characters can have different experiences. And different branches rather than just 'well you get this one voice line instead of this other'. Even Witcher 3 felt like it shied away from that after Witcher 2 did a phenomenal job with its branching path.

Johndoey

Banned
Shout out to Respawn for great Voice Actor credits, actual individual attention. Titanfall 2's campaign sure is dumb and amazing. So so dumb. I love it.

Doom's campaign is still better, but man TF2 is something else.
--
How well represented is FF12 in World Of Final Fantasy?

Johndoey

Banned
If someone gave me the full plot synopsis f Titanfall 2 and told me it came out in like 1985 and started Arnold Schwarzenegger I'd be like yep.
--
What coffee shop only sells coffee? That seems like questionable business.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Remember Ryan's rant about DBZ games and why they keep making them?
Initial worldwide shipments for Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 have exceeded 1.4 million units, Bandai Namco announced.

Its predecessor, Dragon Ball Xenoverse, which launched across PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360, took nearly a month to reach 1.5 million shipments. Today, it has topped four million units.

also Vinny moonlighting at Ubisoft for when GiantBomb goes belly up
There has never been a better time to jump into the Division than now.

Am I the only one who REALLY wants to play World of Final Fantasy just because of how charming, clean and pure it looks?

I've never played a FF game. XV will be my first one.

derFeef

I have a pretty big GB content backlog, damn. Plus a pretty big game backlog.
What to prioritize. Games, or GB...

Seriously, I have like 3 hours of time daily for games and games content, that's not enough.

Patryn

Still no dates for the official extra life streams?

Ah, I guess Vinnyvania is tomorrow because Extra Life is this weekend?

Given that Extra Life is this weekend and there's been no word on any official streams, have people begun to consider the possibility that Giant Bomb isn't officially doing anything for it this year?

I'm thinking we'll get a Jason stream and possibly a Drew/Alexis stream and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom