• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, is this why they haven't done a QL for Skyrim remaster?

Interesting.

So this means Doom isn't going to be #1 because it's Bethesda trash, and they would be giving Bethesda free advertising.

Hasney

Oh, is this why they haven't done a QL for Skyrim remaster?

Interesting.

So this means Doom isn't going to be #1 because it's Bethesda trash, and they would be giving Bethesda free advertising.

Nah, they are talking about seperating the creative output and the backroom shady deals. It'll get its due if they feel it is the game.

FStop7

Banned
"Don't send your beard in the mail."

What a bunch of

avfPEOS.gif

yes it's a rectangle

Nah, they are talking about seperating the creative output and the backroom shady deals. It'll get its due if they feel it is the game.

They were specifically saying though that if Bethesda wouldn't respect their time(IE sending them review code) then they won't give Bethesda an audience because of that aspect.

robotrock

Banned
Was it Ubisoft (maybe an AC game) that had a review embargo that was after the release of the game? And outlets agreed to it?

Yeah, that was Assassin's Creed Unity. Game released digitally everywhere midnight EST, then reviews showed up thirteen hours later at 1pm EST.

That launch was a real disaster.

FStop7

Banned
I'd like to hear Dan's input on all of this stuff for a couple of reasons. First, he worked at Game Informer, a magazine that has a rep for being very "industry friendly" due to its unique position of being owned by Gamestop. That's a pretty big conflict of interest right out of the gate but it seems like the review editors tend to navigate that pretty tactfully. Their review scores seem to be in line with other outlets, for example. That said, the Gamestop relationship muddies the waters. Dan participating in the creation of games that are later being reviewed (being mocapped for LA Noire and InfamousSS) by GI, for example.

Second, Dan isn't shy about his worship of brands and corporations. Nobody else in Giant Bomb ever takes that position during discussions, so I'm more curious to know his thoughts about Bethesda's actions.

Playing REmake because Halloween and I am reminded why I never really liked RE1. Its the Dark Souls of resident evil. So much back tracking and random bullshit. Plus Inventory management which is everyones favourite.

RE2 was my jam though for whatever reason. One of my most replayed PS1 games back in the day.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Recently replayed RE1 too and its so fucking good. Yes, the inventory management is complete bullshit. Love those games where you become infinitely familiar with a single setting (mansion)

Recently replayed RE1 too and its so fucking good. Yes, the inventory management is complete bullshit. Love those games where you become infinitely familiar with a single setting (mansion)

Was the whole previously killed zombies come back even stronger and faster thing in the PS1 version? Dont remember that.

daveo42

Banned

Inventory management is kind of what kills the game for me coming back to it after all these years. Jill is at least manageable, but Chris is a nightmare with needing to run back and forth between a single place and a safe room. Picking up a single puzzle item means another trip back to the item box as 95% of that stuff can't be used until later on in another room. Also fuck a single key taking up an entire spot.

Catvoca

Banned
Inventory management is kind of what kills the game for me coming back to it after all these years. Jill is at least manageable, but Chris is a nightmare with needing to run back and forth between a single place and a safe room. Picking up a single puzzle item means another trip back to the item box as 95% of that stuff can't be used until later on in another room. Also fuck a single key taking up an entire spot.

Yeah, I wish that stuff like keys and puzzle items could be left on you at all times, and that the inventory management stuff was more about what weapons, ammo and health items you could take with you. It would make that game way more enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom