• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Oh man. If you want to see good example for what Jeff&Gang were talking about when they talked about the whole Bethesda/"Influencer" thing, you should watch this video. I think that's the dude the briefly mentioned (after Kessler)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onFm-7_wTyA

Cause holy shit

"I've actually felt less immersed in real-life forests than I do in Skyrim's"
Since it's rather old it might have been posted here already? Haven't seen it though

Zaph

Oh man. If you want to see good example for what Jeff&Gang were talking about when they talked about the whole Bethesda/"Influencer" thing, you should watch this video. I think that's the dude the briefly mentioned (after Kessler)?

Cause holy shit

Since it's rather old it might have been posted here already? Haven't seen it though

You can literally hear him struggling to re-word Bethesda's talking points while also sounding natural.

But don't worry, it's okay because "they're not critics".

Fantastapotamus

You can literally hear him struggling to re-word Bethesda's talking points while also sounding natural.

But don't worry, it's okay because "they're not critics".

I just checked what other videos this guy makes and it's 99% Bethesda stuff. No joke. There are like 8000 videos about different Fallout 4 weapons.

I wish I could be a famous YouTuber. It must be great to get paid to get games early, gush about them, then get extra money with ad revenue.

I can't be mad about it, they're living the goddamn dream.

robotrock

Banned

Cause holy shit

That clip they played on the Beastcast was pretty perfect

edit: Lol they sent him a capture card too wtf

Fantastapotamus

"I don't know what they've done here but it's quite easy to just stand and watch them silkily caress the distant white peaks"

"I found that the snow felt softer to look at somehow"

Man, if Jeff wrote reviews like this I bet they would have gotten a preview copy of Skyrim Legendary Special Remaster Edition. Get on it Gerstmann. I need that preview coverage.

Strax

I'd do almost everything bathroom related except poop in my shower if my girlfriend didn't find it disgusting.

it's pretty evenly split between people who think monsanto is the devil incarnate and people who think it's a company making a profit like many of the gmo companies out there. the only difference being that people actually know the name monsanto.

I'm all for GMOs but it's a company that has patents on things that could save millions of lives, now and in the future.

Fuck 'em.

I wish I could be a famous YouTuber. It must be great to get paid to get games early, gush about them, then get extra money with ad revenue.

Rip out your
conscience
and live the dream. At the same time though, don't be a critic pls.

It's kinda hard to feel like they're being too misleading when it's that obvious.

If you're that oblivious to the fact they're not impartial, then you're probably sold by the marketing campaigns long before you watch these videos.

But yes, I'll sell my soul for the right price, regardless!

Fantastapotamus

But yes, I'll sell my soul for the right price, regardless!

It's never too late to start. Just follow your dreams and maybe YOU can be the one attacking people for giving Bethesda games low scores while wearing their merchandise at some point. Shoot for the stars!

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I'm all for GMOs but it's a company that has patents on things that could save millions of lives, now and in the future.

Fuck 'em.

What do you mean? Golden Rice? That's going to be donated, or have exchange programs.

The Farming Simulator is cringy as fuck. Not knowing between fertilized and unfertilized eggs, "sprinkly bread"

. CRISPR/Cas 9 is going to make modifications so much easier and quicker.
Right now it's really expensive and takes a lot of field testing.

Al Jazeera did a great doc about GMOs
Does the anti-GMO foods movement go against science? - TechKnow

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That Farm Simulator quick look is Dan at his 'I intentionally ask dumb questions in the moment as my gimmick rather than looking it up because I really don't actually care' worst.

I mean. It's probably like being a famous App. You could be Pewdiepie or it could all be gone in an instant. Then you have none of the safety nets that game journalists get like connections or job history. If you reported at a major website, that looks good. If you had a popular youtube for 6 months, that means nothing.

SummitAve

Banned

Is it really though? They're living the dream from the perspective of a homeless person who isn't clever enough to pan handle. Shamelessly doing bullshit for hours on end with no job security is not a dream.

Has anyone in here kept up on Battlefront? See the relaunched ultimate is in a few weeks and I haven't played any of the shouldve-been-in-the-base-game-cough-cough DLC.

Can understand if not, but, I liked my first 20 hours but haven't played anything since. Kinda want to try the stuff like the Death Star.

repeater

OK I bought Titanfall 2 TF2

If I hate it because I get mercilessly slaughtered over and over again in multiplayer (very likely scenario) I'm suing Brett Gerstmann and all of you

Is it really though? They're living the dream from the perspective of a homeless person who isn't clever enough to pan handle. Shamelessly doing bullshit for hours on end with no job security is not a dream.

Obviously I mean one of the successful ones who make enough money to never worry about money again.

They're living the dream from the perspective of someone who sits at a desk for 40 hours a week.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
DRAGON BALL Xenoverse 2 - Steve Aoki Pack
ss_aba02e353963cec38928fdae581d59326dc3e308.1920x1080.jpg

LiK

It's a shame this game didn't come out in January. I want a QL that descends into Vinny frantically explaining the DBZ history while Dan gets confused and scared, responding the only way he knows how by comparing it all to wrestling angles.

no worries, i'm sure there will be a Xenoverse 3 QL for Dan

Mupod

It's a shame this game didn't come out in January. I want a QL that descends into Vinny frantically explaining the DBZ history while Dan gets confused and scared, responding the only way he knows how by comparing it all to wrestling angles.

The line between wrestling and DBZ is thin enough that this would work astonishingly well.

Mupod

After they mentioned it on the bombcast I noticed there were doritos in the vending machine at work with Titanfall 2 codes on them. I am currently now eating doritos. What have I become?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
After they mentioned it on the bombcast I noticed there were doritos in the vending machine at work with Titanfall 2 codes on them. I am currently now eating doritos. What have I become?
The target audience

Johndoey

Banned
You've become the monster you always fought against.

Hmm, I should check my machines. I don't even own the game (yet) and don't really like doritos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom