• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Bangkok don't people like?
Like I said I've only done the main mission once but it looked like a really open map in the vain of Sapienza, unlike Marrakesh.

It's an okay setting, but the level design does not accommodate any interesting mechanics or opportunities. There's no real point to any of the hotel rooms as they don't act as alternate routes and there's nothing in them. Outside of it's decor, nothing stands out as being a super exclusive hotel for the rich. It feels too close to Paris without going far enough with it's "event." A recording session for a rock star just isn't that interesting enough.

So they are hiring more then one person?
Cool

Neat. Personally, in a perfect world, they would hire at least three more people. On the West coast, they'd hire another on the editorial side. On the East coast (along with Dan coming in), they'd hire another on the editorial side and another on the video side. That way, each coast would have three editorial people and two video people.

Is Uncharted 4 likely to be up for any GB awards? Because I'm still playing through it and it is honestly the best contender for "Excellence in Ludonarrative Dissonance" that I've ever seen. It's like the gameplay and story are two completely separate entities, entirely divorced from one another. Haven't played any other Uncharteds, but I'm finding it incredibly baffling, and almost disturbing.

It's like, if anyone enjoyed that story, then the Witcher 3 would blow their minds... every few hours.
Now I'm 100% convinced they are hiring Yahtzee after hearing they are hiring multiple people

A fully ramblomatic individual would be a good fit for Bombcasts.

Although last I heard he was stil trapped in Australia, so I dunno.

Zaph

Jeff mentioned multiple hires on the last jartime, but they hadn't decided which office to put them (good luck fitting more people into the NY shoebox). And yeah, the last couple weeks has totally felt like we should expect 'news' after Christmas
(wouldn't be surprised if someone is leaving)

Whenever there's content complaints, a Jeff at home video is never far behind. His wife must hate us.

Jeff mentioned multiple hires on the last jartime, but they hadn't decided which office to put them (good luck fitting more people into the NY shoebox). And yeah, the last couple weeks has totally felt like we should expect 'news' after Christmas

Whenever there's content complaints, a Jeff at home video is never far behind. His wife must hate us.

In following GB tradition, a membership sale will precede any leaving announcements.

So we're safe, for now~

My money is that whoever is leaving, will be announced at the end of the goty casts

I feel it might be Brad. He seemed somber on UPF lately. Or vinny actually. During Vinnys VR escapades the UPF with drunkin barfight, Brad was not laughing at all. It was surprising. That was the look of someone watching a dear friend about to leave.

Strax

A fully ramblomatic individual would be a good fit for Bombcasts.

Although last I heard he was stil trapped in Australia, so I dunno.

He announced he'd be moving to SF almost the same day they announced Dan would be moving to New York and his Escapist contract ends in late 2016/early 2017. It lines so perfectly up I doubt it's a coincidence

hamchan

I think two hires to the West would be for the best since they need it more.

Let's face it, Vinny, Alex and Dan are already top men who already make the most content, and who can just barely fit into BEast's recording space. There's no room for another.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Is Uncharted 4 likely to be up for any GB awards? Because I'm still playing through it and it is honestly the best contender for "Excellence in Ludonarrative Dissonance" that I've ever seen. It's like the gameplay and story are two completely separate entities, entirely divorced from one another. Haven't played any other Uncharteds, but I'm finding it incredibly baffling, and almost disturbing.

It's like, if anyone enjoyed that story, then the Witcher 3 would blow their minds... every few hours.
Yeah it's no coincidence Uncharted comes usually up first in that discussion.
Also there's a certain part of GAF that thinks Uncharted 4 is a lock-in for GotY and we might see some meltdowns soon, because it might not even make some top 10s.

He announced he'd be moving to SF almost the same day they announced Dan would be moving to New York and his Escapist contract ends in late 2016/early 2017. It lines so perfectly up I doubt it's a coincidence
They didn't even look into new hires back then and I believe Jeff when he says that.

What if Austin offered Vinny a chance to make documentaries for waypoint, and that included alot of travel.

I fear for vinny

Where are you bufu editor ease our fears

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
What if Austin offered Vinny a chance to make documentaries for waypoint, and that included alot of travel.

I fear for vinny

Where are you bufu editor ease our fears
Austin would become enemy of the state and I would watch anything Vinny is involved in.

Whatever the merits are of Yahtzee as a critic, he's profoundly unsuited for being an onscreen personality for Giant Bomb.

Even setting aside his opinions and stances (which are often... questionable), he's nowhere near confident enough on camera.

I always thought Vinny would eventually leave to work as a producer for like, Live with Kelly Ripa or something. He's got a growing family and that's where the real money is.

No one is leaving.

Maybe it's just me, but whenever someone leaves, there was no major speculation beforehand of them leaving. Some guessed correctly that Patrick was leaving (I don't remember what hinted at that), but I don't recall anyone suggesting that Austin was leaving.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm not sure why exactly but since last UPF I've had the weird feeling that Vinny is about to leave the site and will announce it "Patrick Style" at the end of the GOTY Podcast.

I dunno... Some of the stuff they said on friday or maybe how they said it (I can't even remember specific examples).

Also with Dan moving east and Jeff mentionning in his Jar Time that one of the position they want to open is a production one...

I'm not sure why exactly but since last UPF I've had the weird feeling that Vinny is about to leave the site and will announce it "Patrick Style" at the end of the GOTY Podcast.

I dunno... Some of the stuff they said on friday or maybe how they said it (I can't even remember specific examples).

Also with Dan moving east and Jeff mentionning in his Jar Time that one of the position they want to open is a production one...

Like what stuck out to me was vinny doing drunkin bar fight and brad not laughing at all. He just aat there looking blankly almost. The only time he reacted was when Vinny punched the wall.

this hurts me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom