• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I imagine there's been a lot of cross pollination between ID and Retro what with them both being Texas studios that make 3D first person games.

Looking at Mobygames, that doesn't seem to be the case, which is surprising.

The character/enemy designer of the Resident Evil remake worked on the game, though.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Rec Room is weird.
Yz0hmgg.gif

Mupod

Am I crazy to feel like DOOM pulled some inspiration from Metroid Prime? I don't play a ton of FPS so I could be missing some big games in the interim that did the same thing, but the emphasis on dodging non-hitscan projectiles through aggressive jumping and generally taking advantage of the 3D nature of the environments felt very reminiscent of the Prime games

The way the environmental exploration and secrets work came off much more Metroid Prime than old-Doom, to me. The lack of hitscan projectiles felt more like just a reaction to years of people making Doom WADs and learning what made the game timeless and fun. I mean we're in a world where Serious Sam is old and venerable, there's a lot to draw on here.

My computer seems to be dying. I can't watch 720p@60fps videos on it anymore. I'll have to download the quicklook and stream it to my PS4 with Universal Media Server, I guess.

What kind of internet connection do you use? I've been having trouble with internet videos, but in my case I know why. I have a wired connection to my PC, but it is connected to my router via a Powerline adapter. The weekend my internet troubles started was when my parents put our Christmas tree up. That happens to be on the same circuit as the powerline adapter that is connected to the router. Thankfully I have a decent enough connection via Wi-Fi, but my speeds (via ethernet) went from 25-30mbs to 1-6mbs.

Absolutely love these guys after just finding out about them last year. Struggling a bit to get all the content in now I'm working full time again after traveling for a year. But they are my to go to podcast for actually listening too.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
America is now bigger than ever as American Truck Simulator [official site] has officially launched its rescaling, going from 1:35 scale to 1:20. This means longer roads and grander landscapes, and developers SCS Software have rebuilt a lot to be more interesting and varied too, including new landmarks. The new scale “transforms a great game into a sublime one”

They need to go back and redebate GOTY now

Peru

If Sony wants to sell a million PS2s to 55 year old men, fine, let them go do that. Sega are literally a video games company. You'll never hear us say we are an entertainment company. Our audience is the 12 to 24 year old male gamer. We're core to that audience.

Don't mind me, just looking through some of my old EGM mags. Same article egm says Sega is the company for the "hardcore gamefreaks"

What kind of internet connection do you use? I've been having trouble with internet videos, but in my case I know why. I have a wired connection to my PC, but it is connected to my router via a Powerline adapter. The weekend my internet troubles started was when my parents put our Christmas tree up. That happens to be on the same circuit as the powerline adapter that is connected to the router. Thankfully I have a decent enough connection via Wi-Fi, but my speeds (via ethernet) went from 25-30mbs to 1-6mbs.

It's not my internet connection, it's my graphics ship. And I have a 2009 MacBook Pro, so there's really nothing I can do except ride it out.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom