• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I always thought Vinny would eventually leave to work as a producer for like, Live with Kelly Ripa or something. He's got a growing family and that's where the real money is.
Yep, same here. And lately you can kinda feel how he's not getting much gaming done because of lack of time.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I always thought Vinny would eventually leave to work as a producer for like, Live with Kelly Ripa or something. He's got a growing family and that's where the real money is.

You mean working on a small/medium sized video game personality/news outlet isn't swelling up that wallet?

Voras

I don't know why people get so worked up over baseless rumors about people leaving. Has anyone ever even left the site besides Patrick and Austin? Also the Yahtzee rumors are clearly not true, Jeff said well after Dan had announced he was moving East that he hadn't even entirely figured out what they were looking for in new hires yet.

Tagyhag

I'm not sure why exactly but since last UPF I've had the weird feeling that Vinny is about to leave the site and will announce it "Patrick Style" at the end of the GOTY Podcast.

I dunno... Some of the stuff they said on friday or maybe how they said it (I can't even remember specific examples).

Also with Dan moving east and Jeff mentionning in his Jar Time that one of the position they want to open is a production one...

Stuff like this is why they try to not send out hints or signals, y'all play some crazy ass detectives.

I don't know why people get so worked up over baseless rumors about people leaving. Has anyone ever even left the site besides Patrick and Austin? Also the Yahtzee rumors are clearly not true, Jeff said well after Dan had announced he was moving East that he hadn't even entirely figured out what they were looking for in new hires yet.

brad nicholson

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
This is what happens when there is too much content.
"He said this in a slightly odd way and Brad looked tired and bored.....SOMEBODY MUST BE LEAVING!"

Zaph

Maybe it's just me, but whenever someone leaves, there was no major speculation beforehand of them leaving. Some guessed correctly that Patrick was leaving (I don't remember what hinted at that), but I don't recall anyone suggesting that Austin was leaving.
Could have been a really lucky guess, but someone copy/pasted a 4chan post back in the E3 thread saying Austin was leaving for a new site and it'll be announced at the end of the stream. This was a day or two before it happened.

Strax

Stuff like this is why they try to not send out hints or signals, y'all play some crazy ass detectives.

2784257-maxresdefault+(1).jpg

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Could have been a really lucky guess, but someone copy/pasted a 4chan post back in the E3 thread saying Austin was leaving for a new site and it'll be announced at the end of the stream. This was a day or two before it happened.
I can totally see Austin as a secret 4chan shitposter

I'm not sure if Vinny is leaving. They seem to have enough problems with just one production guy out there. I think having two would be a godsend out there. If they just replace Vinny with another similar position, then they will be swamped as usual. Imagine how much they could get done with two production guys.

jambo

I feel like the multiple hires thing is more about Vinny having production backup in NY and not at all about him leaving.

Like what stuck out to me was vinny doing drunkin bar fight and brad not laughing at all. He just aat there looking blankly almost. The only time he reacted was when Vinny punched the wall.

Classic Brad.

Also probably tired from 30 hours of GotY podcasts.

You guys are embarrassing yourself. Just sayin'

Considering the crazy speculation after that Dan thing a few months ago. So much speculation after that UPF. And before people say he was always going to move to NYC, remember the decision to do so was apparently made during/after his time out there to help out.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Considering the crazy speculation after that Dan thing a few months ago. So much speculation after that UPF. And before people say he was always going to move to NYC, remember the decision to do so was apparently made during/after his time out there to help out.

The difference is that they were clearly teasing it. Not "Oh man, Jeff was really cynical today. And Dan asked a question a five year old would ask weir....OH MY GOD"

Guys. Please stop.

Are you saying Jeff is leaving? OMG

GuyKazama

Drew will leave after Vinny
Dan will leave after Drew
Alex will move West after Dan leaves
Jason will leave after Alex moves West
Brad will join Double Fine after Jason leaves
Jeff will merge GB into GameSpot after Brad leaves

Nothing will happen until Vinny makes his move.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Holy shit. This thread is usually bad but the whining about lack of content followed by unsubstantiated rumors of Vinny leaving and Yahtzee joining are too much. You all need different hobbies.

hamchan

I've said it before but we all know Vinny will get scooped up by a higher paying job because his skills in all aspects are too good for this rinky dink operation that is Giant Bomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom