• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched the guys' commentary over the Ghost Recon demo from E3 this year again.That's easily one of my favorite GB moments, it's pretty much 10 minutes of perfection.

Johndoey

Banned
Is Uncharted 4 likely to be up for any GB awards? Because I'm still playing through it and it is honestly the best contender for "Excellence in Ludonarrative Dissonance" that I've ever seen. It's like the gameplay and story are two completely separate entities, entirely divorced from one another. Haven't played any other Uncharteds, but I'm finding it incredibly baffling, and almost disturbing.

It's like, if anyone enjoyed that story, then the Witcher 3 would blow their minds... every few hours.

A fully ramblomatic individual would be a good fit for Bombcasts.

Although last I heard he was stil trapped in Australia, so I dunno.
This statement doesn't make any sense to me. What do you mean?

chapter 13 bad
Godawful.

TraBuch

Banned
Just checked Patrick's YouTube channel for the first time in like a year and noticed he hasn't made a Mario Maker video in three months. Or anything, really. Guess that $12 YouTube money has dried up.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Doesn't witcher 3 suffer from the "there's this really urgent thing I need to do but here's a gazzilion sidequests"?

That's like a way bigger bigger ludonarrative disconnect to me.

Doesn't witcher 3 suffer from the "there's this really urgent thing I need to do but here's a gazzilion sidequests"?

Yes it does, especially in the 2nd half. That's why I prefer Witcher 2 more, because it was a more linear, and therefore more focused, experience.

Maiorum

In games like TW3 and Skyrim, I always rationalize side quests as something the characters do when they make stops during their long journey. The players can run across the entire map in 10-15 minutes, but within the universe, Geralt is probably on a weeks to months long journey every time he travels to another city or area, so I could totally see him stopping at an inn for a night, noticing that there's someone who needs help, and deciding to take a few hours off to help him, if only to relieve the monotony of several days in a row on the road.

neshcom

Banned
Glad to hear Jeff talk about opening up multiple positions. Hopefully it isn't as drawn out as last time. He's talked multiple times now about doing larger or more features. but the end result is always "we need to open new positions" and that's kind of a frustrating result because of how long that takes.
It's this promise of things we haven't seen from the site before, but not a lot of tangible ideas. Hopefully they can get closer to that point where we can get some idea of what those will be.

Yes
And I cleared them. All. Of. Them.

Vinny, why do you hate yourself

Yes it does, especially in the 2nd half. That's why I prefer Witcher 2 more, because it was a more linear, and therefore more focused, experience.

I really did enjoy the hubs more than 3's open world

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Witcher and its expansions are at least 200hrs. At least 200hrs.
Played through both DLC sets, did all sidequests I could find and all PoI in the first 2 areas (and DLC ones) - I think I have ~100-120 hours on the clock. You're exaggerating. :p

I'm sure you already had much worse.

0aqFOoK.gif

Why would anyone want to listen to the ad free podcasts sometimes that stuff is great.

I cracked up at the meat box ad in the beastcast, jeff going, "Awwwww Gratin"

robotrock

Banned
Why would anyone want to listen to the ad free podcasts sometimes that stuff is great.

I cracked up at the meat box ad in the beastcast, jeff going, "Awwwww Gratin"

I dislike it on the beastcast ads when someone says they're actually using the service that is being advertised.

I prefer the version of the bombcast with ads though. I go premium for the beastcast.

hamchan

Idle Thumbs are the worst about ads because they always say that they use the products and enjoy them, and I sure don't believe that.

Yes
And I cleared them. All. Of. Them.

I haven't played the expansions yet, but I cleared out every single POI on the map except one. There was a quest from a lone guy on a small island in Skellige that wanted a book or something, and for whatever reason I couldn't complete it. But damn, sailing out to collect all those caches was goddamn time consuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom