• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
This statement doesn't make any sense to me. What do you mean?

There's a good story in TW3 every few hours. It's a long game.

The reason I think to compare them at all is 'cause I keep expecting dialog options during cinematics. There's actually some, but it's very sporadic and unsatisfying... I'm basically expecting a way to shape Drake's personality; with how unevenly he is portrayed it would make more sense.

Jeff uploaded a cryptic video to YouTube. Hints all over.

3GRqIRe.png

it me, harvee

justjim89

Jeff says that they 'went in a different direction' for their GOTY stuff, and that has me curious what that means. I assume he means the videos, not the list itself.

justjim89

Maybe the whole format will change from

-video bit
-award
-video bit
-award
-video bit
-award
-video bit
-group play of one of the winners

to something else. Curious how they'd change it up. It's a welcome change, though. Nothing will ever top the fake TV shows.

Johndoey

Banned
There's a good story in TW3 every few hours. It's a long game.

The reason I think to compare them at all is 'cause I keep expecting dialog options during cinematics. There's actually some, but it's very sporadic and unsatisfying... I'm basically expecting a way to shape Drake's personality; with how unevenly he is portrayed it would make more sense.
It's the fourth game in a series that never had story choices I don't know why you'd expect that? I understand the dissonance complaint, but Drake himself is portrayed very consistently.

And my year is over!

FFXV and Dishonored 2 were busts for me, and Last Guardian skyrocketed up my list. I'm also pretty confident Super Mario Run probably won't be one of the ten best games I played this year, so I feel strongly that this will be my final list:

1. The Witness
2. Hyper Light Drifter
3. The Last Guardian
4. Dark Souls III
5. Deus Ex Go
6. XCOM 2
7. Furi
8. Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam
9. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
10. Ratchet & Clank

It's the fourth game in a series that never had story choices I don't know why you'd expect that? I understand the dissonance complaint, but Drake himself is portrayed very consistently.

Whoops, forgot to put "never played U1-3" in there somewhere.

But, no. Drake's only consistent if he's as inconsistent in the other games--Cinematic Drake and Gameplay Drake are incompatible with eachother. Cinematic Drake is just Mal Reynolds (from Firefly), whereas Gameplay Drake is some sort of psychopathic action hero.

Mr. F

Banned
It's interesting, I've seen almost nothing but positive discussions about the game, yet that does not seem to match up with its Metascore (71).

I can't speak to it having not played it but my guess would be that maybe on the critic side there's varying mindsets when it comes to dealing with f2p and its reputation/real money implications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom