• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played through both DLC sets, did all sidequests I could find and all PoI in the first 2 areas (and DLC ones) - I think I have ~100-120 hours on the clock. You're exaggerating. :p

nevah.gif

CnjaonaUMAAMX26.jpg

I haven't played the expansions yet, but I cleared out every single POI on the map except one. There was a quest from a lone guy on a small island in Skellige that wanted a book or something, and for whatever reason I couldn't complete it. But damn, sailing out to collect all those caches was goddamn time consuming.

You have to collect a few books for him lol Im sure theres a guide you could follow if you want to complete it and be awesome like me :D

FStop7

Banned
Doesn't witcher 3 suffer from the "there's this really urgent thing I need to do but here's a gazzilion sidequests"?

That's like a way bigger bigger ludonarrative disconnect to me.

I see it like this: The Lord of the Rings was about the most urgent of all main quests and yet that shit took Frodo like 5 years to complete (in the books.)

robotrock

Banned
I see it like this: The Lord of the Rings was about the most urgent of all main quests and yet that shit took Frodo like 5 years to complete (in the books.)

Why didn't he use the eagle to fly to Mordor?

Also doesn't he go to Rivendell in the first movie? Isn't that past Mordor on the map?

YT8HzJ9.gif

Giantbomb just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Giantbomb culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Gamespot where you can become successful by letting go popular personalities. If you screw someone over in giantbomb, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

cnHhjE9UkX3acElsAA_lBGNal0c265.gif

Keep in mind, I've been on a liquid diet for the last 5 weeks lol...

image.php

zTOv9ig.gif

I've been seeing Vinny play Hitman: Absolution for more than a month now.

VERY good. Game is not too shabby, an alright beat'em up.

Really hope so, last two years have been meh.

Eh, I really enjoyed them. They won't top 2012 but they've all been so far enjoyable and I look forward to them.

What I think your friends need ain't a cup of joe, It's a cup of Brad.

robotrock

Banned
tldr; the Eagles don't give a shit, and only helped Gandalf out because they owed him favors. They were smart, and didn't give a fuck about going to Mordor until after the ring was destroyed. Also, it'd have been too easy.

I'm not all that satisfied with that answer. When did they start to owe Gandalf a favor? Before or after Frodo embarked on his quest?

Picard and his crew would've solved the whole ring business is one episode. Let's see Gandalf handle a crystalline entity that consumes worlds.

I don't know where I'm going with this. CDPR should make a Star Trek game.

robotrock

Banned
I saw the first Hobbit and then decided to not watch the sequels.

I love The Fellowship of the Ring and think The Two Towers and The Return of the King are just okay.

oti

Banned
I saw the first Hobbit and then decided to not watch the sequels.

I love The Fellowship of the Ring and think The Two Towers and The Return of the King are just okay.

Hated the first Hobbit but watched the sequels anyway, as they came out during Christmas season, the only time I actually go to the movies. I'd totally buy a new cut of the movie that is 3h long and cuts out all the filler.

Catvoca

Banned
Hated the first Hobbit but watched the sequels anyway, as they came out during Christmas season, the only time I actually go to the movies. I'd totally buy a new cut of the movie that is 3h long and cuts out all the filler.

How about a cut that adds another 20 minutes of needless bullshit to every Hobbit movie? Because they made those, and boy are they loooooong.

How about a cut that adds another 20 minutes of needless bullshit to every Hobbit movie? Because they made those, and boy are they loooooong.

I legitimately dozed off in the cinema during the Battle of the Five Armies in the cinema, but the EE has a chariot cutting orcs in half and beheading them, and that's pretty alright.

Doesn't make up for getting up to that point, though.

Catvoca

Banned
Sounds almost as bad as the LOTR EEs

I don't mind the LOTR EE's. They're unnecessary but fine all the same. The problem is the Hobbit is already long and boring so I really, really don't need more of it.

I legitimately dozed off in the cinema during the Battle of the Five Armies in the cinema, but the EE has a chariot cutting orcs in half and beheading them, and that's pretty alright.

Doesn't make up for getting up to that point, though.

I only made it through the EE of the first movie tbf. I'm not sure I even saw the last hobbit, those movies were such a bummer.

I don't mind the LOTR EE's. They're unnecessary but fine all the same.

The EEs add some great scenes from the book and really expand on Boromir and Faramir. From a film perspective, Two Towers suffers in its pacing horribly from the extended edition. It was already the 'weakest' film, though I enjoy it.

I only made it through the EE of the first movie tbf. I'm not sure I even saw the last hobbit, those movies were such a bummer.

The Hobbit EEs are nothing but Peter Jackson ejaculating his fanfiction all over that book. The regular Hobbit trilogy is hard enough to watch.

I hate the first one the most.

Weird. It has the shire, songs(That's what Bilbo Baggins Hates, Misty Mountains.etc), introduction to the dwarves followed by the dinner scene, Gollum.etc I found it had the most things to like about or are memorable to be honest. In the end though it's still inferior to Fellowship Of The Ring so, whatever.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Jeff says that they 'went in a different direction' for their GOTY stuff, and that has me curious what that means. I assume he means the videos, not the list itself.
Good, because half of those last year were pretty damn bad and disappointing.

Zaph

Haven't seen Hobbit, but the best thing about Hobbit is the brutally honest BTS video on the DVD. Hopefully one day videos games will get there too, instead of publishers trying to pretend everything is always amazing.

And it's a damn shame about Vinny, but I think Alex and Dan can hold down the NY office with some production help from CNET for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom