• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How did Walking Dead not win GOTY 2012? I remember almost all of them talking it up during the videos but I barely listen to the podcasts

Did Jeff veto it or did they really like Xcom that much?

StoveOven

Banned
How did Walking Dead not win GOTY 2012? I remember almost all of them talking it up during the videos but I barely listen to the podcasts

Did Jeff veto it or did they really like Xcom that much?

Xcom was the only game that they could all agree on despite having more passion for Walking Dead, Far Cry, and even Fez to a lesser extent.

Sakwoff

Let's talk about some REAL Giant Bomb issues.

Jeff always fingering little rips in the cloth of the table during the podcasts makes me fucking antsy. STOP PEELING THE TABLE!

It's like that friend who peels all the labels off beer bottles.

derFeef

Let's talk about some REAL Giant Bomb issues.

Jeff always fingering little rips in the cloth of the table during the podcasts makes me fucking antsy. STOP PEELING THE TABLE!

It's like that friend who peels all the labels off beer bottles.

Brad adjusting his headphones and stroking his right upper leg.
Everyone has something.

Sakwoff

Everyone has something.

Yup.

(Everyone has camera tics I guess. When I'm on camera I constantly move my head in super weird ways. That would probably make people crazy too. Good thing I'm not on camera often.)

I have no problem with the Last Guardian

It's not GoTY material at all. I bet whenever shenmue 3 comes out, they'll give it to that too.

Says you! It's easily my GOTY (I'd even go so far as to say GOTG so far). But I wouldn't expect much out of it at GB even if everyone had played it because they're all cold unfeeling husks.

repeater

Is Stardew Valley actually on the Vita?
I immediately googled this because I have been craving a handheld version of that game but never heard anything about a Vita version before. Apparently there are still no official plans for a Vita version, though the developer said last week that “I can’t make any guarantees just yet, but I will say that I’m very, very interested in seeing a PS Vita version. It’s a very popular request, and I think it would be a great fit.”

Dan's final betrayal of GB West was to kill the Bombcast's status as a fact-based podcast in one fell swoop, dragging it down to the post-truth mire that the Beastcast has always thrived in.

Everyone has something.
Dan constantly talking about wrestling.

derFeef

GB GOTY picks can only be better than the boring Easy Allies one, right? RIGHT?

edit: I mean, it really looks like they made categories up to pick specific games.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Funny how Easy Allies largely picked TLG and FFXV for their personal GotYs and both of those will barely be mentioned by GB. Just because of when they recorded the deliberations.

Also their picks seem like the most run-of-the-mill single player console gamer favorites. I think that's why I'm not that much into that site.

robotrock

Banned
Funny how Easy Allies largely picked TLG and FFXV for their personal GotYs and both of those will barely be mentioned by GB. Just because of when they recorded the deliberations.

Also their picks seem like the most run-of-the-mill single player console gamer favorites. I think that's why I'm not that much into that site.

FFXV and TLG would be barely mentioned in Giant Bomb's GOTY deliberations even if they held them in February

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
FFXV and TLG would be barely mentioned in Giant Bomb's GOTY deliberations even if they held them in February
Hm, wouldn't be so sure about that. But I can't see them be anyone's GotY. And I think I like that?!

that overwatch christmas stuff is a lot better than the street figher one...cringeworthy was that.
And Capcom is releasing it december 20th like the idiots they are. The Karin costume is good, though.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The ending was fine.

Well, one of it is.

If you choose the other one you're a terrible person.

Most of ep 5 was pretty bad.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
its like this thread is going around in circles...you guys whine about old stuff.

whinte about some new stuff instead...

:(

Like a couple weeks now down here we get 1-2 days where the weather is like 30 degrees Celsius and then fall to like 20 degrees Celsius for the rest of the week.

I'm not one to whine about weather but the fuck is up with that.

Nishastra

Banned
The final episode largely whiffs though so jeff was in the right.
They were talking about character moments and Jeff looked up a synopsis of the main plot, which of course didn't mention anything about the characters other than Max and Chloe, and then proclaimed that they wouldn't get what they wanted.

In particular, they were talking about David, and his arc absolutely has closure in the last episodes.

The ending was fine.

Well, one of it is.

If you choose the other one you're a terrible person.

Most of ep 5 was pretty bad.

I liked ep 5 a lot, so did other people. There's no large majority consensus that it's bad that I'm aware of. It's moot anyway, Jeff wasn't right because he was reading the wiki, that's just nonsensical. The quality of a story is in the telling, not plot minutiae.

Also I think this notion that a story is bunk, or worthless, or retroactively bad, if the ending isn't amazing is weird. Like, even if they hated episode 5 (and they really did not), they would have still enjoyed the earlier episodes and that wouldn't have changed. People treating the ending to a story as some kind of return on investment is weird to me, idk. You're not suffering through something bad just because the ending might be good, right?

edit: I am getting a distinct sense of deja vu... you know, Chloe, life really is strange!

Zaph

This cannot be overstated - Hugo Martin is a national treasure and I really hope he's working on Wolfenstein: TNC.

I bought both of those games and I am enjoying both of those games. But neither of them deserve to even be in the upper echelons of a top 10 list. 8/9/10ish is fine.

I liked ep 5 a lot, so did other people. There's no large majority consensus that it's bad that I'm aware of. It's moot anyway, Jeff wasn't right because he was reading the wiki, that's just nonsensical. The quality of a story is in the telling, not plot minutiae.

Been over this, Jeff directly addressed what Alex and Vinny said they liked about the story and wanted to see more of, the only way they could while in deliberations, and he wasn't wrong as those two things end up getting pushed aside. It was never getting on the top 10 list anyway because they hadn't finished it, Jeff just sped that conclusion up.

meme time
shg0fkq.png

6mITmcZ.png

Kamiya-Thumbs-Up.gif

what ever happened to daydreaming :(

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. He probably went to Rhythm Heaven.

For his personal list

atleast he plays games

I have no problem with the Last Guardian

It's not GoTY material at all. I bet whenever shenmue 3 comes out, they'll give it to that too.

I'm about 6 or so hours in TLG and man, Trico is magnificent. I'm really enjoying the game despite some issues I have with it. It's definitely on my list but I'll have to see the journey to the end to know where it'll land on my list. So far though, it's special and the sense of wonder that game has is through the roof.

I'm legit sad no more Dan on West. I assume Metal Gear Rising LP is off the table now.

It can still happen and I hope it does. Drew deserves to play that game.

robotrock

Banned
This cannot be overstated - Hugo Martin is a national treasure and I really hope he's working on Wolfenstein: TNC.

I loved how story heavy Wolfenstein was, unlike DOOM. If the thing that separates the two are heavy story focus vs minimal story focus, I'm cool with that.

Zaph

I loved how story heavy Wolfenstein was, unlike DOOM. If the thing that separates the two are heavy story focus vs minimal story focus, I'm cool with that.

Yup, but I don't think minimalist is necessarily Hugo's style, he just knew that would work for Doom. What he seems to be very good at is making sure that style is poured into every inch of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom