• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck

Still without luck
1zuoV6Ul.png

Back-compat stuff making older gamers run better is the coolest damn thing.

killroy87

I'm late here, but the Nidhogg Unfinished was weird, i've never seen them recycle conten tlike that before. Doing another 20 minute video would not be a big endeavor, and it's not like they're against repeating themselves (they did it multiple times over the past two weeks, discussing the same topics on both Casts).

Not a massive deal, but it is a bit hilarious considering the site is so slow right now.

I wonder if Jeff means stuff like the power bombcast when he says fans treat premium content they don't like as if it doesn't exist

because if that's a wrestling podcast on your video game site... yeah

I've got 45 minutes until this export is done! Ask me anything (related to Giant Bomb)

I'm genuinely curious what an average day looks like for you/Alex

Meneses

I've got 45 minutes until this export is done! Ask me anything (related to Giant Bomb)

I enjoy these casual chats while playing Mega Man, thank you both. Looking forward to more.

Question: Now that he's becoming available, on which GB feature will you have Barack Obama on as a guest?

bionicpuppy

Giant Bomb Producter/Bufu Caster
Any cool new segments in the pipeline (next month or so)?

I don't need deets, just a yes or no haha.

Definitely.

I know of at least 3 we'd like to get going in 2017 out of the East Coast. 1 that would be an East/West joint. One of them is a limited run one, like Kerbal was, but will probably be premium this time around. Pretty excited about that one, could be a train wreck though... I guess that makes it more exciting?

killroy87

Definitely.

I know of at least 3 we'd like to get going in 2017 out of the East Coast. 1 that would be an East/West joint. One of them is a limited run one, like Kerbal was, but will probably be premium this time around. Pretty excited about that one, could be a train wreck though... I guess that makes it more exciting?

Anything with train wreck potential if great by me!

Thanks for visiting.

Definitely.

Good stuff.

Tagyhag

Do you think that your office could fit more than 3 regular duders?

I wonder if Jeff means stuff like the power bombcast when he says fans treat premium content they don't like as if it doesn't exist

because if that's a wrestling podcast on your video game site... yeah

I'm genuinely curious what an average day looks like for you/Alex

There is a bigger overlap there than you think.

Mr. F

Banned

Hey! I'm curious- What has been the hardest part about your job under CBSi? Jeff mentions a lot of meetings from time to time but I'm curious if/how that impacts the East office as well.

Thanks!

neshcom

Banned

Love you, Vinny!

What do you see as a bigger priority for GB going into 2017: live streaming or VOD content? Or is there a guiding principle y'all have for maintaining a good balance between the two?

bionicpuppy

Giant Bomb Producter/Bufu Caster
Has the site's ability to produce content been hindered over the past year or so?

I can specifically speak to the East stuff. After Austin left we took a hit. Which makes sense. If we didn't, he would have been a bad hire. With three people in this office I had scheduled out a minimum of 2 live shows, 1 podcast, and hopefully around 3 QLs. I think we hit that pretty well for awhile. More was always welcome. With two heads we've tried to hit1 live show, 1 podcast, and as many QLs as we can prep and record.

I can specifically speak to the East stuff. After Austin left we took a hit. Which makes sense. If we didn't, he would have been a bad hire. With three people in this office I had scheduled out a minimum of 2 live shows, 1 podcast, and hopefully around 3 QLs. I think we hit that pretty well for awhile. More was always welcome. With two heads we've tried to hit1 live show, 1 podcast, and as many QLs as we can prep and record.

Cool, thanks for the answer! I know you guys work your asses off, keep doing what you do. I hope you get a third head soon!

What needs to change to keep content from slowing to a trickle when there are big changes in everyone's routines? Stuff seems to completely stop when PAX, E3, GotY, etc happen. It creates a cycle where outside looking in you guys are always recovering or prepping for something else. It creates situation where people who visit are perpetually talking about a content draught.

Do you feel like you guys aren't able to produce enough stuff?

LiK

Definitely.

When we gonna play Overwatch on PS4? I know you got it!

Does Alex have any interest in another American Truck Simulator stream to check out the big patch that just came out completely reworking the map? Racing wheel streams are the best streams.

kai3345

Banned

With Danny, Waypoint, 2 Player Productions and a few other places - game documentaries seem to be on the rise. Would you guys ever have any interest in producing that type of stuff? Drew did great with the Iceland travel video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom