• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubobutts

I think Mario Party 9 being so short meant it was the truest measure of skill. There wasn't enough time for luck.

So Drew is the best at Mario Party.

Or we can go by Dan vs Patrick rules and say that whoever wins the final Mario Party Party is the overall winner and the previous parties are irrelevant.

Justin

Austin, Vinny and Alex didnt respond to my tweet asking for another Fiasco cast for Christmas. I can only assume that means that it is happening and they don't want to ruin the surprise.

They should have done 9 and 10 back to back. 45mins is not enough time to provide the adequate amount of suffering that the Mario Party Party brand is known for

Strax

If they play Mario Party 10 on UPF then it could be a UPF segment AND a Quick Look AND a Mario Party Party. They could put it up 3 different times.

raw

Tubobutts

Austin, Vinny and Alex didnt respond to my tweet asking for another Fiasco cast for Christmas. I can only assume that means that it is happening and they don't want to ruin the surprise.
They hinted at doing something in the last Beastcast Austin was on.
GB using my gif for the Mario Party Party show page. This is it. The Big Time. AMA about what it's like to work for Giant Bomb
What does Brad even do all day?

killroy87

I'm only halfway through, but Mario Party Party is so weird when they're on the cusp of liking the game.

Everything about MP9 is against type. The visuals are quite good too.

As far as the quality of the game goes this Mario Party sure is a step up from the last one which looked like it was a fan game tossed together with Unity Store assets or something.

If they play Mario Party 10 on UPF then it could be a UPF segment AND a Quick Look AND a Mario Party Party. They could put it up 3 different times.

If they play Mario Party 10 for a hour and upload 3 times that totally counts as 3 hours of content.

2866304-1425570260-25643.gif

killroy87

I know they never do content like this, but if Brad did this thing where him and Drew played Dota, with the intention of teaching Drew how to play (since he already has the basics down), I would totally watch. I have no desire to watch Dota content now, as I know nothing about it, but if they could teach me what I'm looking at as I watch, I'd be 100% down.

oti

Banned
I know they never do content like this, but if Brad did this thing where him and Drew played Dota, with the intention of teaching Drew how to play (since he already has the basics down), I would totally watch. I have no desire to watch Dota content now, as I know nothing about it, but if they could teach me what I'm looking at as I watch, I'd be 100% down.
Sounds like an awesome idea! I'd totally download the client and follow along.

bjork

is brad as mean as he seems

he never reads my emails so yes 1000%

I vaguely remember them discussing this on an old bombcast, and the issue was something to do with not being able to record voiceovers in real time, so they'd have to use replays and that's not as conducive to learning as step-by-step playing? Never played Dota so I'm not sure how it works, but it was something along those lines.

bjork

If Dan wants to wrap up loose ends, that BoxMaker level still isn't uploaded.

The loosest end of all is Dan saying that if he ever got married, he would come down the aisle to the music from a game. It's really fuzzy and I want to say it was on one of the arcade archive videos, but he said it.

Megasoum

Banned
I think that Mario Party 9 is the best one so far...

Not only because it is super short but I feel like there's almost a narrative to the game. Surprises and such.

I mean... Don't get me wrong, it's still a terrible game but compared to the rest? It's not bad.

The combat in FFXV is making me miss Witcher 3.

I think that Mario Party 9 is the best one so far...

Not only because it is super short but I feel like there's almost a narrative to the game. Surprises and such.

I mean... Don't get me wrong, it's still a terrible game but compared to the rest? It's not bad.

I feel the series only kind of works due to them being forced to play a terrible game for 4 hours whilst Dan pretends that he's having fun for the camera. 9 might be the best Mario Party but it makes for a crappy show.

Erekiddo

I don't want to siphon through here and get potential spoilers on the winner.

Is Mario Party Party 10 coming tomorrow? Surely they're cranking out the final one before Dan leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom