• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
2014 is a terrible list but that's mainly on the games themselves, not the guys.

I'm still bitter about TW3 getting absolutely fucked in 2015. Grow Home is alright but come on.

Tagyhag

Christ, I'm SO excited for next week.

Screw the skits, having the guys hang around together and play great games in Christmas jumpers is all I need to see.

Seriously, I 100% agree.

The skits were great but when we lost Ryan they didn't have the heart and soul that they used to.

Having the guys all meet up and play games together has always been my favorite content.

Seriously, I 100% agree.

The skits were great but when we lost Ryan they didn't have the heart and soul that they used to.

Having the guys all meet up and play games together has always been my favorite content.

Yeah, I liked 2014 a lot, but you could tell the best year, 2012, was definitely a Ryan passion project.

Man those were so good.

Loxley

(2014)
1. Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
2. Bayonetta 2
3. Far Cry 4
4. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
5. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
6. South Park: The Stick of Truth
7. Jazzpunk
8. Shovel Knight
9. Mario Kart 8
10. Destiny

I still can't believe Brad managed to get Destiny into the Top 10 despite it being a runner-up for their "Biggest Disappointment" award that year. Such is the power of Stonewall Shoemaker's silver tongue. But yeah, despite the fact that most of those games are solid, 2014 was such a mediocre year in general for games.

2012 has Zombi U and Syndicate. What the hell is that list.

That year in particular really felt like each crew member had their own personal favorite game that was different than everyone else's, and so long as they managed to get it somewhere in the top ten they were fine. Patrick fought hard for Fez and ZombiU and Syndicate made it onto the list almost entirely because Jeff loved it. It was a bizarre year.

I still can't believe Brad managed to get Destiny into the Top 10 despite it being a runner-up for their "Biggest Disappointment" award that year. Such is the power of Stonewall Shoemaker's silver tongue. But yeah, despite the fact that most of those games are solid, 2014 was such a mediocre year in general for games.

That year in particular really felt like each crew member had their own personal favorite game that was different than everyone else's, and so long as they managed to get it somewhere in the top ten they were fine. Patrick fought hard for Fez and ZombiU and Syndicate made it onto the list almost entirely because Jeff loved it. It was a bizarre year.

Wolfenstein: The New Order was robbed of that 10th spot.

Megasoum

Banned
Watching Jeff's stream... I feel like a somewhat pro level microphone like the one he's using should have an option to turn off the big red LED on the side.

Edit: Haha, he actually just addressed that

Brad Shoemaker - "Uhhhmmmm, just in the interest of whittling down the list, uhhhh Invisible, Inc."

Austin Walker - "I'm going to deliver a very impassioned defense of Invisible, Inc. you can hear that now or you can hear that later."

I'm going to miss Austin on this year's deliberations. Don't know what Waypoint is doing for their GOTY.

Meguro

Banned
None of them liked Bloodborne that much though.
Austins argument worked because no one wanted to defend the game.
Witcher 3 lost because Vinny hadn't played enough of it up to that point.

Tagyhag

If you were stupidly rich, what would you send the duders?

Off the top of my head I'd send Jeff some of the most rare video games (Nintendo World Championships, Stadium Events, Panzer Dragoon Saga etc.) and a Blitz machine.

I'd have to think more about meaningful gifts for the other guys.

Megasoum

Banned

Off the top of my head I'd send Jeff some of the most rare video games (Nintendo World Championships, Stadium Events, Panzer Dragoon Saga etc.) and a Blitz machine.

What would he do with 2 Blitz Machine tho?

theyve always been sending them trash
H47e2iZm.png

Oh wow, a review after almost a year it came out? That's pretty great. Good on Mary. Fuck I should play stardew..

console versions just came out

A list of demands because I bought CBS.

Chuck

Still without luck
I forgot how absolutely repulsed I was that Divekick made it on a top 10 list.

Guess what,
I was fucking right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom