• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
I'm going to miss Austin on this year's deliberations. Don't know what Waypoint is doing for their GOTY.

I enjoyed Austin calling out Brad in the graphics debate.

Also, Grow Home is overrated. No, let me rephrase it. Brad liked Grow Home too much. I'm the judge.

People complain about the 2014 list because of Mordor winning but man, that 2012 list is bad. Xcom vs The Walking Dead is arguing for which boring ass game is less boring than the other.

I'd take 2014 over that list any day.

Found this on the GB subreddit:

Z5WT4wm.jpg

My guess is that instead of game of the year skits, they filmed content to go up that day.

patapuf

People complain about the 2014 list because of Mordor winning but man, that 2012 list is bad. Xcom vs The Walking Dead is arguing for which boring ass game is less boring than the other.

But Xcom was awesome. :(

It was also pretty much the only time i've seen a few of them being into the same strategy game.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I would love for them to do a retrospective look on some of the past GOTY lists. I know it's against the spirit of being "of the time," but people still buy and play those games. Something like LA Noire would definitely not make the cut.

Jintor

I'm going to hit you with this stick until you recant your lies

I don't agree 2014 was better but ZombiU and Mark of the Ninja was criminally overlooked in 2012 I agree sir.

kuppy

I'm going to miss Austin on this year's deliberations. Don't know what Waypoint is doing for their GOTY.
When Austin was leaving Alex said that Austin should record a chime in for the GOTY deliberations. Like Dave's envelope. Alex said Austin should only be allowed to reflect on the games that were released within his time with the company.

What do you guys think, chances are they both forgot or were too busy, right?

xuchu

When Austin was leaving Alex said that Austin should record a chime in for the GOTY deliberations. Like Dave's envelope. Alex said Austin should only be allowed to reflect on the games that were released within his time with the company.

What do you guys think, chances are they both forgot or were too busy, right?

Most definitely.

Zaph

Regular(ish) content for GotY? Bless

Edited skits are cool, but given how hit and miss (and miss, and miss) they can be, it's not worth the effort.

and good to see Austin back at his rightful home.

for real. it's not even close

LiK

Biggest surprise of 2016 is that Jeff loves a Souls-like game

I think he always enjoyed them. He liked BB but he wasn't a fan of the time investment and obscure aspects of the Soulsborne games. Let It Die is pretty upfront about all the mechanics.

Zaph

This is a really good long-form video about the tech in the Saturn (one of the most fascinating consoles ever made), very much worth a watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOyfZex7B3E

I just finished The Last Guardian...

Best moment of 2016? SON, that game had moments for days. The second half of the game is magical and the last 10 minutes are something to behold. Soundtrack and overall impact of the game I feel isn't quite as strong as SOTC but it's up there. I do however think the world that surrounds this game is super interesting and Trico lived up to the HYPE. He's MAJESTIC.

Just finished it last night, majestic really does sum up TLG. I think it would even be on my list of 3 games I'd want to show someone who doesn't play games, but the controls and camera (and framerate, even on a Pro!) end up taking away something vital that wouldn't matter so much in any other game. I respect the choice to buck 'good' game design and deliberately make Toriko frustrating to work with, but to pull that off, the rest of the package has to be really polished. I think I would have preferred it as a fixed-camera game if it meant my immersion wasn't spoiled by clipping through Toriko or the screen going black trying to navigate another tight corridor.

I'm almost afraid to move on to the Nathan Drake Collection this holiday, because after TLoU, FFXV and now TLG, but it seems like all the Sony exclusives I'm finally getting around to, play like shit.

J_Viper

If you were stupidly rich, what would you send the duders?

Off the top of my head I'd send Jeff some of the most rare video games (Nintendo World Championships, Stadium Events, Panzer Dragoon Saga etc.) and a Blitz machine.

I'd have to think more about meaningful gifts for the other guys.

I'd buy Vinny an office chair

pizzacat

Banned
Found this on the GB subreddit:

Z5WT4wm.jpg

My guess is that instead of game of the year skits, they filmed content to go up that day.
EVERYTHING I SAID ABOUT THEM WAS WRONG

😢😥😢😥😢😥😢😥😢😥😢😥😢😥😢😥😥

they rly do care :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom