• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebetite

Banned
Jeff: "Let me tell you about a guy named SOLDIER SEVENTY SIX."

Vinny goes in hard for Reinhardt
Alex makes a case for Zenyatta.
Brad picks Monkey King.
Dan goes for flag skin McCree.

alex's love is split between zenyatta and d.va

vinny's heart belongs solely to reinhardt

vinny makes the more razor-focused and impassioned push for his guy and takes it

In this hypothetical best overwatch character category, Austin orders a telegram to repeat "A-Mei-zing" until they concede. I don't know why Austin is a Mei fan in this scenario.

Hokkaido has the mode where you run around as a ninja. Overall it's Sapienza.

oti

Banned
so who's going to be the one to break it to Brad and tell him that the end moments of Inside aren't as great as he says
Jeff. And he's right.
Eh, if you told me at the beginning of last year that dan's 2015 GOTY would be anything other than mgsv, I'd think you'd be crazy. This is a very similar situation. And like mario maker, brad has way more great memories and experiences playing hitman throughout the year.

#HitmanGOTY
Brad's undying love for DOOM and Carmack knows no reason.

Brad will KILL for DOOM and if you think otherwise you're crazy.
add me to the list of people that find overwatch extremely boring and would be disappointed to see it win GOTY.

The clear choice is DOOM.
You're extremely boring. The boring choice is DOOM. Everyone will have forgotten about that game in a year. It's Shadow of Mordor all over again.

Prepare for the Picross 3D 2 dark horse victory.
Yes.
Ya'll have brad wrong. Hes a classic doom fan. Not a Nu-Doom fan.
That doesn't matter.
"The way they translated the traditional DOOM into a new DOOM for the current generation alone deserves to be top spot. OR I'LL KILL Y'ALL." - Bradley, Giant Bomb
I assume they're going to have a Best VR Game category, and Superhot VR should probably win it. There are VR games I preferred, but they didn't play them.
ZzzZZzzZZZ

Mario Maker is shit.
You're shit.

"Fuck you" says Hokkaido.

To wit:
Hokkaido > Sapienza > Paris > Marrakesh > Bangkok > Colorado
(and that bottom half is kinda muddy and swappable depending on the day)

Come at me.

Sapienza is a fucking playground of murder and the poster child for the entire concept of that game. There are so many opportunities, disguises, weapons, great locations (which manage to make the side content feel fresh yet avoid being overly large or confusing), and setpieces that you can spend an entire game's worth of time in it. It's also probably the best looking level in the game.

oti

Banned
The ending of Let it Die is perfect. Such a shame it was too late for GOTY. Jeff loving this game makes me very happy.

Lunar FC

I was going to gift my brother the Dark Souls 3 DLC but I heard it wasn't very good, is that true?

Edit: Finally got Pokes Moon for Christmas. Rowlet squad assemble!

xuchu

I was going to gift my brother the Dark Souls 3 DLC but I heard it wasn't very good, is that true?

Edit: Finally got Pokes Moon for Christmas. Rowlet squad assemble!

It's good but fairly short and I wouldn't say it's worth the money unless it's on sale. Better yet just wait for both dlcs to be released and get a double pack or re-release with dlcs included. Either way, I'm sure he'll enjoy it when he gets to play it.

Rainmaker

Banned
So, let's assume they're short on categories this year, and then let's assume they put in a "Best Overwatch Character" to fill space...who would you peg as their top pick, and which is YOUR favourite?

Don't be weird.

I'ma go with my boy Lucio. Really easy to feel helpful there. Either him or Ana.

Late to this but I have to give a shout to Pharah. I'm not sure I've enjoyed anything as much as playing as Pharah this year.

oti

Banned
So, let's assume they're short on categories this year, and then let's assume they put in a "Best Overwatch Character" to fill space...who would you peg as their top pick, and which is YOUR favourite?

Don't be weird.

I'ma go with my boy Lucio. Really easy to feel helpful there. Either him or Ana.
I can see the case for Reinhardt. Big ass shield and all.
My favourite is Zenyatta, but Soldier is my main. I'm boring.

Watching Vrodeo 6: Google Earth. I love the contrast from Jeff who is being nostalgic about all the places he's been to and its very sentimental and then they go to Kansas and switch to Dan and his first comment is him proudly stating "I've peed on all of these buildings" lol

Joeku

Sapienza is a fucking playground of murder and the poster child for the entire concept of that game. There are so many opportunities, disguises, weapons, great locations (which manage to make the side content feel fresh yet avoid being overly large or confusing), and setpieces that you can spend an entire game's worth of time in it. It's also probably the best looking level in the game.

Sapienza can sap my nards.

Nah, it's really good, though. I'm just in love with how tight and interconnected Hokkaido is. It's goddamn close, it is!

Mastery in Paris and Sapienza. Whoop Whoop.
Hitman is so fun.

You're goddamn right. Keep it up! :D

Johndoey

Banned
Merry Christmas
JLIxb3v.jpg

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Interesting listening to the Inside spoiler talk from the June podcast. Jeff was pretty underwhelmed by "the thing", and I can understand why. I'm glad I played it so far away from the Brad-hype.

Interesting ending congruity between Limbo and Inside though:
They both just end with a totally unremarkable "break through a thing" puzzle. They just don't know how to end those games from a mechanical standpoint.

I picked up Inside based off of the impressions I've read on Gaf. Brad and I don't tend to like the same games so it wasn't off his impression. I'm hoping to squeeze through Pony Island and Inside before the year end.

oti

Banned
Merry Christmas
JLIxb3v.jpg
If I was a mod I'd ban you.
I picked up Inside based off of the impressions I've read on Gaf. Brad and I don't tend to like the same games so it wasn't off his impression. I'm hoping to squeeze through Pony Island and Inside before the year end.
I liked the LIMBO ending more than Inside. Both don't make much sense but LIMBO doesn't scream "INTERPRET ME!!!!!1" like Inside.

justjim89

I think Witcher 3 has a real shot at winning Old Game of the Year with the quality of the expansions and the fact that Vinny has played so much more of it.

justjim89

I hope so and I hope we get Dan shaking his head at the choice.

It still boggles my mind that Dan turned sour on Witcher 3 because of how repetitive it was getting yet held up MGSV as some kind of masterpiece. It was kinda funny watching him turn on that too during the last MGScanlon.

Merry Christmas, GBGaf!

oti

Banned
I never finished Limbo. Kinda lost interest partway through.
Understandable. The puzzles aren't that great. Same with Inside imo. That's why I don't get the love for these games. They're different and I appreciate that a fair deal. But they're not amazing. Same with Brothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom