• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting sucked into Astroneer in a way that I usually don't get sucked into base building/resource gathering games. I'm sure the loop will get old for me soon, but for now i'm really enjoying it.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm getting sucked into Astroneer in a way that I usually don't get sucked into base building/resource gathering games. I'm sure the loop will get old for me soon, but for now i'm really enjoying it.

Yup I love it too. I pretty much did everything there is to do for now but I'm really glad I have it.

It reminds me of the early days of Kerbal Space Program (before it got on Steam) or the early days of Project CARS back in 2011 when we would get builds every week.

WvVs8hA.png

Owl0spx.png

Interesting listening to the Inside spoiler talk from the June podcast. Jeff was pretty underwhelmed by "the thing", and I can understand why. I'm glad I played it so far away from the Brad-hype.

Interesting ending congruity between Limbo and Inside though:
They both just end with a totally unremarkable "break through a thing" puzzle. They just don't know how to end those games from a mechanical standpoint.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Doom's problem in a prolongued discussion is that you run out of good things to say pretty quickly, just because it's so straightforward.

but that's also it's strength "thinkingemoji"

I will always take straight forward to other games obfuscation.

Yup I love it too. I pretty much did everything there is to do for now but I'm really glad I have it.

It reminds me of the early days of Kerbal Space Program (before it got on Steam) or the early days of Project CARS back in 2011 when we would get builds every week.

I'm taking it pretty slow (just built my first rover, for instance) so I'm hoping that at this point the updates outpace me. My main problem with it right now is that it's actually kinda hard to dig well enough to make caves easily explorable. I'm always worried I'll get stuck, so I'm not spelunking very much.

but that's also it's strength "thinkingemoji"

I will always take straight forward to other games obfuscation.

Agreed. DOOM's strongest point is that it's the most video-game-ass-video game to come out in a very long time.

justjim89

2015 - Youtube videos/studio being built
2014 - Life after video games
2013 -Video game coverage through the decades
2012 - Fake TV shows
2011 - FMV game parodies

What were the themes for the other years?

Hexagon!

May as well post my predictions for their Top 10.

1. DOOM
2. Hitman
3. Overwatch
4. Titanfall 2
5. The Witness
6. Overcooked
7. Stardew Valley
8. Inside
9. Forza Horizon 3
10. Uncharted 4

-Picked UC4 as tenth since their previous 10s have been a bit controversial for one reason or another (Witcher 3 being considered too low by some, Destiny making the list at all)
-Picross 3D Round 2 gets written off quickly, which will bother me more than it should

kai3345

Banned
I assume they're going to have a Best VR Game category, and Superhot VR should probably win it. There are VR games I preferred, but they didn't play them.

Rec Room is better than Superhot VR imo

I could literallly spend all day in Rec Room having weird ass interactions with random people lol I love that game

kingocfs

1. DOOM
2. Hitman
3. Overwatch
4. Titanfall 2
5. The Witness
6. Overcooked
7. Stardew Valley
8. Inside
9. Forza Horizon 3
10. Uncharted 4

-Picked UC4 as tenth since their previous 10s have been a bit controversial for one reason or another (Witcher 3 being considered too low by some, Destiny making the list at all)
-Picross 3D Round 2 gets written off quickly, which will bother me more than it should

This is probably right on.

J_Viper

1. DOOM
2. Hitman
3. Overwatch
4. Titanfall 2
5. The Witness
6. Overcooked
7. Stardew Valley
8. Inside
9. Forza Horizon 3
10. Uncharted 4

I don't think Uncharted makes it

No one but Dan seemed all that into it

Rec Room is better than Superhot VR imo

I could literallly spend all day in Rec Room having weird ass interactions with random people lol I love that game

Rec Room is an Early Access game, so in the past such games wouldn't qualify. They might have looser rules if it's a Best VR Experience category or something though.

Joeku

So, let's assume they're short on categories this year, and then let's assume they put in a "Best Overwatch Character" to fill space...who would you peg as their top pick, and which is YOUR favourite?

Don't be weird.

I'ma go with my boy Lucio. Really easy to feel helpful there. Either him or Ana.

Huh. I had completely that assumed Brad was the one who wrote that 5-star review!

FH3 is another one I'm not sure about. I don't recall if anyone other than Jeff played it.

No, but he liked it enough to do that video with Naughty Dog's John Bellomy (aka Cowboy). Also, Drew really likes the Uncharted-type cinematic games, I believe. I don't know if he played Uncharted 4, though. I think it could make the list.

demidar

So, let's assume they're short on categories this year, and then let's assume they put in a "Best Overwatch Character" to fill space...who would you peg as their top pick, and which is YOUR favourite?

Don't be weird.

I'ma go with my boy Lucio. Really easy to feel helpful there. Either him or Ana.

Nah it's Hanzo.

Every time someone picks Hanzo you know it's going to be a good time.

Jeff: "Let me tell you about a guy named SOLDIER SEVENTY SIX."

Vinny goes in hard for Reinhardt
Alex makes a case for Zenyatta.
Brad picks Monkey King.
Dan goes for flag skin McCree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom